i1oewg2xve521.gif

• 7Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 7 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Imagine going to McDonalds - World of Warcraft Forums

"to get a 4 piece McNuggets, you pay, get your nuggets and your happy and all that then some idiot comes and also gets 4 piece McNuggets but it McForges into a 12 piece McNuggets with a soda and some fries and you're standing there like a fucking idiot with your dumb 4 piece McNuggets while he/she has more than you for some weird reason even tho you both payed the same price but you are less rewarded because...

WoW 2018 gearing "

This post summed up WoW 2018 for me really. Still cracks me up, and makes me sad at the same time.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Serpens

<Silver Donator>
You know this level 110 character thing wouldn't be a fucking problem if it weren't for the stupid mob scaling they insist on. The fact that leveling 110-120 feels like you're "leveling down" your character is really bad. Secondary stats have scaled down for a long time, but mobs scaling up in BfA makes you go from godmode at 110 to a super wimp at 118-120. I know it gets better at 120 when you gear up a bit, but the whole 110-119 experience just feels bad.

I really want to play this but it seems like they're doing everything possible to fuck up legacy stuff. That's my thing, I like farming old shit.

Gliders nerf, bear tartare nerf, move speed fucked at 120, portals removed in vale, and now this proposed 110 twink nerf... let's not forget their touted Legacy Loot mode that they boasted would be applied to WoD raids, yet no one in their fucking company knows until like 4 months past release that you can't solo the first boss of final WoD raid (on most classes/specs), because of stat squish and move speed fuckery. And to put a cherry on the shit sundae, the intentional change for Legacy Loot from level 110->111 so it wouldn't work in Legion raids. Because Ion said "No one will be able to solo Legion raids" (which people have been doing since like week 2 of BfA). God forbid people group up and do them, cleared Tomb of Sargeras with a pal a while back and it was great getting 28g on every boss.

Anyways I'm Hodj'ing at this point, my point is, they need to leave their cocksucking metrics bullshit nerfs out of my old content. And get off my fucking lawn.
In 8.1 they also stealth buffed the health of Legion dungeon bosses, and I think the trash as well, for reasons unknown. I was able to solo Nightbane in Karazhan easily before the patch but can't do it now.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
The problem I think is that the game played by 30-40 year olds is now made by 20 year olds who grew up on different games.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
seeyaBundle.jpg

Please give us money. We are bleeding and we need to keep our investors happy.

Also, See you later bundle?? HAHA its a fucking piece of programming script that no longer takes effort to make. Why would they disappear?

Of course..when you see this..

foulzdi04h521.jpg

You just have to sigh and know that unless some serious management changes are made, this game is quite possibly finished. Say hello to the new Korean Modeled Blizzard.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
Genuinely surprised the price is dynamic and won't charge you full if you already have one of the items, they got that going for them at least. Not even Steam does that.

Fucker

Log Wizard
seeyaBundle.jpg

Also, See you later bundle?? HAHA its a fucking piece of programming script that no longer takes effort to make. Why would they disappear?

foulzdi04h521.jpg

You just have to sigh and know that unless some serious management changes are made, this game is quite possibly finished. Say hello to the new Korean Modeled Blizzard.

World of Tanks does the same thing. Rare tank! Only will be sold once! ...goes on sale a year later.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
seeyaBundle.jpg

foulzdi04h521.jpg

Despite uninstalling the game and the bnet clients from both of my PC's yesterday, my brain still had the impulse to buy this when I saw this. The idea was immediately discarded as insanity, but the chemistry that goes on with impulse buying is bloody frustrating (and fascinating) at times.

• 2Solidarity

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Despite uninstalling the game and the bnet clients from both of my PC's yesterday, my brain still had the impulse to buy this when I saw this. The idea was immediately discarded as insanity, but the chemistry that goes on with impulse buying is bloody frustrating (and fascinating) at times.

Walk into a store you frequent, get a shopping cart, walk up and down some of the isles, then put the shopping cart back in its stable and leave.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Inque

FunEmployed
They are apparently holding off on the XP shut off change until "further review is done" - too little too late though.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Exact same feeling. It took a second before it hit me “I’m not even playing this fucking game anymore.”

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The problem I think is that the game played by 30-40 year olds is now made by 20 year olds who grew up on different games.

This idea has been going through my head for a while too. The big idea behind MMORPG's was expanding the traditional RPG to being part of a virtual world and all the early games like UO, AC and EQ profiled themselves as such. Blizzard was no different even called it World of Warcraft for this very reason. "Be a part of this vast world" was the core appeal.

As an individual in this world, your character could grow and develop. Maybe you had some unusual reputation maxed that offered some minor benefit, had a rare piece of loot that looked cool, something that set your character apart from others. It made your character your own and made the player feel invested in both the character and in the game.

Newer designers came along who never had the original dream of being part of a virtual world. They just looked at things players reported enjoying (like maxing a rare reputation) figured this is what people enjoyed and gave everyone a bunch of bars to fill up. Except, it was no longer something optional to make the player's character into an individual, it was a mandatory hoop to jump through. Now everyone is the same.

People enjoy getting powerful, "epic" items that increase their character's power? Epics for everyone. But wait, we can do better: a whole new set every patch even! With MORE SPARKLES!!! Cool looking item somewhere? Now you can farm all those looks too!

Over time the idea has shifted from virtual world to theme park where everything is nearby, nothing is dangerous and everyone's character can do everything. There is nothing to make the player feel like an individual and so they aren't invested in the character or in the game world. Other players are either an annoyance or only there out of necessity. No one talks, no point. Better kick that guy because his DPS isn't good enough to get this pre-fab dungeon done in the least amount of time possible.

Maybe I am starting to be an old fart, but way back when PoK books were added to EQ, there were people complaining (on this very board) that it was making the game feel less like a world because it allowed easy travel and less interaction between players. Didn't think much about it back then, but 15 years on I'm thinking they had a point, even if it did take another thousand cuts for the genre to end up where it is now: a perversion of what once made the genre work.

• 10Like
Reactions: 9 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
This idea has been going through my head for a while too. The big idea behind MMORPG's was expanding the traditional RPG to being part of a virtual world and all the early games like UO, AC and EQ profiled themselves as such. Blizzard was no different even called it World of Warcraft for this very reason. "Be a part of this vast world" was the core appeal.

As an individual in this world, your character could grow and develop. Maybe you had some unusual reputation maxed that offered some minor benefit, had a rare piece of loot that looked cool, something that set your character apart from others. It made your character your own and made the player feel invested in both the character and in the game.

Newer designers came along who never had the original dream of being part of a virtual world. They just looked at things players reported enjoying (like maxing a rare reputation) figured this is what people enjoyed and gave everyone a bunch of bars to fill up. Except, it was no longer something optional to make the player's character into an individual, it was a mandatory hoop to jump through. Now everyone is the same.

People enjoy getting powerful, "epic" items that increase their character's power? Epics for everyone. But wait, we can do better: a whole new set every patch even! With MORE SPARKLES!!! Cool looking item somewhere? Now you can farm all those looks too!

Over time the idea has shifted from virtual world to theme park where everything is nearby, nothing is dangerous and everyone's character can do everything. There is nothing to make the player feel like an individual and so they aren't invested in the character or in the game world. Other players are either an annoyance or only there out of necessity. No one talks, no point. Better kick that guy because his DPS isn't good enough to get this pre-fab dungeon done in the least amount of time possible.

Maybe I am starting to be an old fart, but way back when PoK books were added to EQ, there were people complaining (on this very board) that it was making the game feel less like a world because it allowed easy travel and less interaction between players. Didn't think much about it back then, but 15 years on I'm thinking they had a point, even if it did take another thousand cuts for the genre to end up where it is now: a perversion of what once made the genre work.

Been thinking a lot of the same recently as well. I remember when talk about things like welfare epics started popping up and people were griping about over-simplification of things and I shrugged them off as they seemed like reasonable design decisions at the time when look at individually, but a decade of these sort of decisions with increasing intensity has just gutted everything that mattered beneath the surface.

The thousand cuts bit has me thinking of it as some sort of weird reversal of intent. They made a thousand changes all with the intent of staunching the bleeding that comes from messy designs when they were really slicing open a thousand wounds in the process.

I don't really agree with the newer/younger designer concerns though as the lead designers of WoW and most other bigger RPG's are all people within our age ranges and played the same games. I think the younger design approach is actually from the marketing/corporate influences that have these guys on short enough changes that there was no hope to begin with. You really only see older style game design coming from the Japanese market or Indie devs where their designers have freedoms that the western AAA devs haven't had for a very long time.

• 2Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Man, this new horde side quest to save/kill Saurfang. The ending at Sylvanas if you choose to save him is ridiculously lulzy. She knows you helped him but is just like "That's okay dude, I'm all about second chances. Go try again"

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
Sylvanas can be pretty passive aggressive, and will gladly stab you in the back later on down the line. So hopefully they go in that direction. Having alternative storylines is a good addition but they have to actually follow through on it.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
This is Blizzard of today though - it doesn't matter what you choose - they won't chance letting one experience be better (or significantly different) than the other.

They are even adding in a vendor (according to them) to allow you to get pets only available to the other faction.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Blizzard customer service concern as staff accept cash to exit Irish hub
Blizzard has moved to reassure its European players that its customer support will not be impacted by the exit of over 100 staff by the end of 2018.
[...]
Sources inside Blizzard's Cork office, who asked to remain anonymous in order to protect their careers, told Eurogamer over 100 people have decided to leave the company, putting a significant strain on the customer service offering.
Yes, paying your customer service employees a year's worth of salary to fuck off is a good sign for the company and the quality of its customer service.

Sources at Blizzard's Cork site backed this up, with one saying new boss J. Allen Brack had conducted video calls and live streams with the various company offices to answer questions from staff, and cost cutting for 2019 and "a lean" year were both mentioned.
Yes, after "a lean expansion" you have to plan for a "a lean year".