World of Warcraft: Current Year

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Zhro

Silver Knight of the Realm
I've been playing since vanilla and only took an actual break where I didn't pay for a sub once and that was right after Sunwell came out and I sold off my account. I started back up after a friend had an extra account with an 80 on it already, during Wrath, right before Trial of the Crusader released and I'd been subbed ever since.

During all that time I felt it was worth keeping an subscription active, even though I may not have been playing that much at certain points during each expansion, but now I've finally done it and unsubscribed. This expansion has really just killed it for me, just like many others.

• 1Like
  • 1WTF
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm watching Asmon watch another Ion and his butt buddy video, and Ion always looks like he is so far up his own asshole that he can't see past his own shit.

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I'm watching Asmon watch another Ion and his but buddy video, and Ion always looks like he is so far up his own asshole that he can't see past his own shit.

1. Ion's body language creeps me out a little bit more each time I see him
2. Asmongold is going to die young and he's going to be streaming when it happens

• 2Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Young and bald, crushed to death by a mountain of trash, as any true neckbeard would want to go.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
So these new Zandalar/Kul Tiras BoA scouting maps that give you the flight points for BfA.... They don't get consumed on use so you can just use it then mail it. I can't decide if that's just another bug that got past their increasingly bad QA or if they just thought "Should we make it a toy like the Azeroth and Kalimdor flight path toys? Nah, let's make it usable over and over, but incredibly annoying to do so"

Khane

Deep in my heart I think it's the latter. That they decided to purposefully annoy their players.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
You can sell it back for 1/3 the price too.

What's weird is that it kind of qualifies as an heirloom, but they didn't put it in the toy box with the Kalimdor and EK maps. And where are the Outland/Pandaria/Northrend/Draenor ones?

xzi

Mouthbreather
I do really wish they would add maps for all the other expansions, it's one of the best things they've added imo.

I mean, I guess since you can fly in those all now it's not as big of a deal but still would be p nice cause outland is fuckin huge and going afk on a flight path for 14 minutes while I jerk it for 14 seconds would be nice

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

The only reason I don't care about not having the other expansion flight paths is that you get flying at 60 and there are no more expansion restrictions on flying (until you get to WoD). It would be nice for 60-70 when you can't buy 280% flying yet though.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
I've been playing since vanilla and only took an actual break where I didn't pay for a sub once and that was right after Sunwell came out and I sold off my account. I started back up after a friend had an extra account with an 80 on it already, during Wrath, right before Trial of the Crusader released and I'd been subbed ever since.

During all that time I felt it was worth keeping an subscription active, even though I may not have been playing that much at certain points during each expansion, but now I've finally done it and unsubscribed. This expansion has really just killed it for me, just like many others.

Genuinely curious. Was it the content or because too many of your friends quit? Or do you think the burnout was inevitable?

I'm asking because I myself have been having a good deal of fun this expansion, but I'd definitely quit if my guild fell apart. For me though, that's how WoW has always been. Even the "good" expansions have never offered content so compelling to me that I would soldier on solo or through pugs.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Not that you were asking me, but for me it's specifically class design and how much worse everything feels vs legion. Leveling a new class feels better because I don't have much experience with it, but not all that much.

Also I don't have any friends left playing so that doesn't help but not like I do anything but farm anyways lmao

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I don't know about anyone else but I miss Illidan. He was just so happy when you went out and ruined some demon's shit during a world quest.

Nate, on the other hand, sucks. Why would anyone do chores for that panty sniffer?

Last edited:

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Not that you were asking me, but for me it's specifically class design and how much worse everything feels vs legion. Leveling a new class feels better because I don't have much experience with it, but not all that much.

This was it for me. BfA is the first time in any MMO ever where I actually felt like I got less powerful as I leveled through an expansion. I lost utility, I lost strength vs. enemies, and as such, I lost fun. It's the exact opposite of how an MMO expansion is supposed to feel.

There is still tons of stuff to do in BfA, but what's the point when my character feels like boring, weak shit while doing it? No thanks, I'll play other games.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
This was it for me. BfA is the first time in any MMO ever where I actually felt like I got less powerful as I leveled through an expansion. I lost utility, I lost strength vs. enemies, and as such, I lost fun. It's the exact opposite of how an MMO expansion is supposed to feel.

There is still tons of stuff to do in BfA, but what's the point when my character feels like boring, weak shit while doing it? No thanks, I'll play other games.

There is a major problem with specs right now to this end as well.

They have "rectangularized" dps across the board by using a set % balance on tooltip damage.

What this did was tone down [and in certain cases (i.e. shaman) outright removed] burst damage. Requiring actual rotation style play to use whatever "burst" ability you used to have, and/or to deal signifcant damage of meaning. This means you need to be at full rotation to actually burst.

Sure, you still have burst CDs. But they are anemic as a result of the % scale applied across tooltips for BFA.

Its why many long casting or conditional-cast (talent condition) spells lack meaningful damage.

Big problem and again reinforces why this is World of Meleecraft as if the expac wasn't already unfriendly enough to ranged casters.

• 2Like