World of Warcraft: Current Year

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That's the reason I stopped playing gw2 after doing the first dungeon as a "tank"

that and prx dominated RvRvR so hard that we were uncontested completely for 3 weeks which got a bit boring

It was fun for those first couple weeks(especially at the start when people were idiots and you could kill 50 dumb fucks on the gate with oil), then yeah got boring and then when talk started about transfering servers to look for competition, I stopped playing. I went back recently, the story is amazing and worth it to finish, but RvR felt completely foriegn.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I would agree on GW2 dungeons being really weird with lack of tanking. Some of them are interesting but all of them feel like I should be playing yakkity sax at max volume as the sound track for them given the way everybody is scampering around like madmen. GW2 does show the downsides of not having roles for a long time it was just more efficient for everybody to run in basically glass cannon mode which made things really weird in grouping situations.

Lenaldo

Golden Knight of the Realm
Also did the PRX and felt the same. Was fun at first just shitting on everyone.. but when it got serious (Server transfers) I noped out of that.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
They gave in to the trinity in some ways with the raids. They require healers and tanks of some form AFAIK.

Yes the last time I hopped in its deffinately more possible to be more fully healer or tank. Its still not wow like but if you have a team built to work together it looks at least a bit less spastic. That said most of the times in any kind of random/semi random fractal/dungeon its yakkity sax time. Still a lot of the fractals are neat and pretty anyway and still fun so good mmo for a break knowing when you come back your gear is still fine and your character is still fine and you don't have to keep paying a sub fee for a burn out game.

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
The best 1man paladin guild on US-Thrall entered the raid solo just to fuckin flex and log out so I basically beat it

also I got a titanforge BLUE item from a worldquest I did by accident while doing the horde campaign and it was a 370 upgrade over what I was wearing from a mythic 10 so what's the point of ever stepping foot in a raid ever again really
Wow I really didnt focus much on gearing because I knew within a few weeks or month/s theyd hand the gear out like candy (ie warfronts)
But 375 from a wq is just lol seeing how that was just pretty much endgame gear.
Such a joke lol. Oh well time to farm some xmogs and mounts and continue not to really care much about my ilvl

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
MMO's dangle carrots across a bed of nails. It's been that way since the beginning.

These days the developers have perfected the formula; now they dangle carrots in front of your hamster wheel that lies atop burning coals.

It's funny I read this in my head with your avatar's voice and it made is all the more wise.

• 1Like

Merrith

The major problem with the FF14 MSQ catch up is all the shit they added after 2.0 before the first expansion (at least before the final 2.5 or 2.55 stuff). A lot of it is some random unlocks and story made blander by literally being a teleport back and forth between points A and B like ~80 times for dialogue. Once you got to the very end 2.5ish stuff though is was some very good shit, although still some long cutscenes. HW story was pretty damn amazing all around so not bad at all once you get to that part.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Don't know how I feel about this one. Not sure if this will hurt Cyberpunk or not. Hopefully he replaces Ion as game director or the next Diablo installment.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
With the rumours of Diablo 4 being more of an RPG than an ARPG, then going through a heavy hiring spree recently for what is assumed to be Diablo 4, and wanting to recover from the mobile disaster I'd say it's a safe bet that it's what hell be working on. Grabbing one of the lead guys from a beloved and universally praised game is a good way to start trying to turn things around.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Blizzard really is in a sad state aren't they? I'm at the point where I would be disappointed to hear about him working on the Diablo franchise. How far have they fallen to make me say that? Diablo 2 is one of the best games of all time. And it's a completely forgotten franchise at this point outside of stepping into a somewhat salvaged, but completely forgettable Diablo 3 experience for a month or 2 at every season reset.

I would much rather hear he is taking over as creative director of WoW, because that game has fallen so far from grace that I can't even recognize it as a game anymore. It's a series of tasks designed to keep subscribers addicted to the "quick fix" on a daily basis. WoW fucking sucks and I finally cancelled my subs this week. HoTS always sucked, and Hearthstone is an idiotic card game that isn't a video game at all. It's a digitized version of a completely different type of game/medium. Overwatch is the worst kind of FPS I can imagine. Classes in a shooter? Fuck off. Let me choose what gun I want to carry and what I want to do that round... at the beginning of the round. Don't lock me in to some idiotic class/role for an entire match.

T Tenks what do you make of the state of the company now? (He hasn't logged in here in almost a year... jesus)

• 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
With the rumours of Diablo 4 being more of an RPG than an ARPG, then going through a heavy hiring spree recently for what is assumed to be Diablo 4, and wanting to recover from the mobile disaster I'd say it's a safe bet that it's what hell be working on. Grabbing one of the lead guys from a beloved and universally praised game is a good way to start trying to turn things around.

Probably an unpopular opinion but this is actually what I want out of a new Diablo game is a full-fledged RPG. Problem is it's Blizzard so anyone expecting something of significant difficulty like Dark Souls (which was also rumored) is insane. The Diablo world would work REALLY fucking well in a skyrim/witcher-like game though imo. Plus I'm even a lore fag for that game so being able to see more would be dope.

• 2Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Blizzard really is in a sad state aren't they? I'm at the point where I would be disappointed to hear about him working on the Diablo franchise. How far have they fallen to make me say that? Diablo 2 is one of the best games of all time. And it's a completely forgotten franchise at this point outside of stepping into a somewhat salvaged, but completely forgettable Diablo 3 experience for a month or 2 at every season reset.

I would much rather hear he is taking over as creative director of WoW, because that game has fallen so far from grace that I can't even recognize it as a game anymore. It's a series of tasks designed to keep subscribers addicted to the "quick fix" on a daily basis. WoW fucking sucks and I finally cancelled my subs this week. HoTS always sucked, and Hearthstone is an idiotic card game that isn't a video game at all. It's a digitized version of a completely different type of game/medium. Overwatch is the worst kind of FPS I can imagine. Classes in a shooter? Fuck off. Let me choose what gun I want to carry and what I want to do that round... at the beginning of the round. Don't lock me in to some idiotic class/role for an entire match.

T Tenks what do you make of the state of the company now? (He hasn't logged in here in almost a year... jesus)
I actually looked the other day and noticed tenks hadn't logged in since Feb. I assume it's because some fags wouldn't stop pinging him about blizzard - myself included. But I mean he did broadcast it here

xzi

Mouthbreather
"Wait for 8.0 for reworks"

"Sorry we ran out of time, wait for 8.1 for reworks"

"Wait for 9.0 for reworks"

• 1Worf

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Saw it coming.

RIP WoW combat, one of the premier features of the game-- no longer. At least they aren't going to pretend otherwise and are just calling it a failure and cutting their losses.

Selling the "fixes" in the next expac makes infinitely more sense business-wise. Now, the scary part is 8 months before BFA launched people had already stated clearly to Blizzard what was wrong with combat during the BFA alpha.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
Specifically from MMO champion

"Complete overhauls of a spec (such as rotation and resource alterations) will most likely not happen in a patch and have to wait for a new expansion."

Bunch of retarded cunts tbh

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Araxen

Saw it coming.

RIP WoW combat, one of the premier features of the game-- no longer. At least they aren't going to pretend otherwise and are just calling it a failure and cutting their losses.

Selling the "fixes" in the next expac makes infinitely more sense business-wise. Now, the scary part is 8 months before BFA launched people had already stated clearly to Blizzard what was wrong with combat during the BFA alpha.

The problem with Blizzard now is in order for them to make changes based on feedback they would have to delay the expansion. That isn't going to happen with Activsion breathing down their necks ordering them to pump shit out.

It's thanks for the $50 + whatever sub money you gave us and cya till next expansion where the cycle repeats itself.

• 1Like