World of Warcraft: Current Year

Khane

Got something right about marriage
No, that's not even remotely true. They can make sweeping class changes much faster than that, that's what the feedback is for. Why even bother having a Beta if you're just going to ignore player feedback and pretend "it's too late" anyway?

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The problem with Blizzard now is in order for them to make changes based on feedback they would have to delay the expansion. That isn't going to happen with Activsion breathing down their necks ordering them to pump shit out.

It's thanks for the $50 + whatever sub money you gave us and cya till next expansion where the cycle repeats itself.

Right It's not 2008 anymore. They're all about the box sale.

When people were deciding to sit out of BFA completely, they said they smelled Kotick and Activision coming. What they meant was that BFA had the "box sale" smell. Which it did, as the beta changes stagnated VERY quickly. Many people were shocked at how stagnant BFA beta was. We had never seen a beta so stagnant, so "my way or highway", so rigid and "we're doing this so suck it bitch" in the face of overwhelming player criticism that carried on for nearly a full year prior to BFA's launch. We've never really been able to smell the box sale business model until BFA. The odor wasn't strong enough.

I'd guess its one of the things Activision changed recently that forced out Morhaime and others. The balance sheet is only granting resources to make a box sale, then the budget management dictates that new changes are to be made by the new expac team. Anyone working on major changes are on the new expac payroll.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
The real bummer for me is that this all has to go down in the expansion that features BOTH Azshara and N'zoth. Somehow I KNEW they would end up wetting the bed with their stories(look what they did to the Emerald Dream). Anything that isn't The Burning Legion gets such a lack of attention.

Nazjatar and then possibly a Black Empire raid? Cmon, that should be awesome!

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

xzi

Mouthbreather
I want a whole Black Empire zone + raid almost like argus but less aidsy more spooky

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
So glad I didn't stick around waiting for that enhancement shaman rework that was promised. Tuning and rework apparently mean the same thing to Blizzard.

xzi

Mouthbreather
It actually feels worse to play than before the patch but a few things hit slightly harder lol

Ele is undeniably in a better place but yeah, they straight up just lied about enh for the last 6 months it's amazing

xzi

Mouthbreather
Very inactive due to BFA but we're on Hyjal horde, yes. Members and up can invite, or if you're on right now I can get on and invite

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I want a whole Black Empire zone + raid almost like argus but less aidsy more spooky
I want a Black Empire EXPANSION. I want a full-on campaign against resurgent Old Gods minions with Burning Legion-logistics and encompassing stuff.

BFA, but without all that stupid Zandalar Forever or Kul Tiran detours (even if the Vulpera are ok for Horde, and the Kul Tiran witch stuff could almost be good - if they bothered to make it beyond the big bad ending dead in a basement of a leveling dungeon)

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I really did not think the Zandalar / Kul Tiran stuff would go on this long. I thought for sure that all of that was an elaborate ruse to give some of the usual themepark levelling content and then be quickly tossed aside in favor of an actual Black Empire / Old Gods / Save Azeroth plotline.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Tides of Vengeance Season 2 - Live Developer Q&A
Ion Hazzikostas is sitting down to answer questions about Tides of Vengeance and Season 2 of Battle for Azeroth!

• Kul Tiran Humans and Zandalari Trolls
    • They will release with Patch 8.1.5
    • You only have to get the war campaign achievement to unlock them, which you obtain before the quest to go into the raid.
    • They are not available yet because story wise they wanted the events to play out that solidifies them joining the larger fight.
    • They originally planned to have the Zandalari available with the Dark Iron Dwarves at launch, but replaced them with Mag'har Orcs so that it would make more sense with the flow of the story and to pair them with Kul Tirans.
    • Kul Tiran humans are an entirely new rig and therefore were more time consuming to create.
  • War Mode
    • They don't anticipate the item level 400 reward quest happening every week because there are a lot more Alliance participating in War Mode.
    • The extra rewards were meant to encourage more Alliance to participate but also to make Horde who did not like PvP to turn it off.
    • They agree that item level 400 is a little too high at the beginning of a raid tier. It won't be changed this week, but next week if it is available again it will be reduced to 385 and another form of reward will be added, such as war resources.
    • The War Mode bonus is determined by the amount of players participating on the outnumbered faction. They believe it might drop to 25% next week.
    • The discrepancy between factions in War Mode has been cut in half since the change.
    • The team is working on the issues causing the lag in certain War Mode shards.
  • Character Slots and Alts
    • They might allow the cap of 50 characters total to all be on the same server.
    • There might be a way for you to transfer War Resources from your main to your alts in 8.1.5.
  • Gear Upgrades and Item Level
    • The valor point system to upgrade gear makes the transition between raid tiers awkward as it makes you have less chances for upgrades in the next raid.
    • The valor point gear upgrade system is something that could make sense during the last raid tier of an expansion.
    • The 30 item level increase is the smallest number to make upgrades feel relevant in a new raid tier.
  • PvP Vendors
    • The team has given each slot several options to choose from over the course of earning conquest cap each week. It is different from a vendor, but gives the player more control and options to fill in gaps as time goes on.
    • There isn't a raid vendor where you can just buy a piece you want, and so the team wants reward systems to feel balanced across the board.
    • If there are extremely outlying stats for PvP for a class the team wants to address that instead of making the player feel like they need a piece of gear with that stat.
  • Mythic +
    • There is nothing to announce at the moment, but the team wants to give more unique rewards for Mythic + seasons.
    • The invisibility potion cooldown reduction was meant to lessen the necessity of a rogue's shroud.
    • The team wants to better showcase other classes' unique utility in Mythic +.
    • The team wants to take a look at timers, mobs, and dungeons that seem to encourage needing invisibility.
    • Creating a punishment for keystone abandoners would probably create more problems and there are certain runs that arguably should be abandoned (such as when a group is in over their heads and would take hours to clear the dungeon)
    • The team has talked about social ratings and endorsements in Mythic +.
  • Transmog
    • Tier sets and class themed armor could return in the future.
    • Class specific sets were removed for now to allow more variety and distinct sets from different locations over more iterations of class themes.
  • Heart of Azeroth in 8.2 and Beyond
    • The team wants to move away from unlocking the same traits over the course of the expansion.
    • The traits on Azerite Armor will all be unlocked when you obtain a piece of gear.
    • The artifact power will instead give you abilities on your Heart of Azeroth, many of which are active abilities.
    • These abilities could be earned and distinct based on the content that you earn it from such as raids or Mythic +.
  • Titan Residuum
    • Residuum funneling is only done by the most extreme guilds.
    • The team would rather reduce the gaps between the advantage these extreme methods provide over other players.
  • Development and Design
    • The biggest challenge of WoW is designing for the many different audiences that play the game.
    • The game is richer for having a variety of audiences over the team focusing on designing for one archetype.
    • Catch up mechanics are there to lessen the barrier of having to return to old content for months to help someone that is returning to the game catch up.
  • Global Cooldown
    • The team is not done bringing abilities back off of the global cooldown.
    • The team is discussing how to make dps/healing increasing abilities more interesting to press. An example would be having a burst of healing ring out when pressing Ascendance before you transform.
  • Class Changes and Roles
    • Healer DPS should not be close to damage dealers as their rotations are simple and have a low ceiling.
    • Some healers could use some help with their damage, but they want to avoid a Discipline Priest at the beginning on the expansion situation.
    • There are no major class overhauls planned in 8.1.5.
    • Pure balance will likely happen over the coming weeks through hotfixes after looking at the new raid feedback, specifically for Arms warriors.
    • Complete overhauls of a spec (such as rotation and resource alterations) will most likely not happen in a patch and have to wait for a new expansion.
There is a fuck load of might, maybe, could be, in the future, we're looking into. I mean really they didn't answer pretty much anything. I know that is par for the course but goddamn.

• They are not available yet because story wise they wanted the events to play out that solidifies them joining the larger fight.
  • They originally planned to have the Zandalari available with the Dark Iron Dwarves at launch, but replaced them with Mag'har Orcs so that it would make more sense with the flow of the story and to pair them with Kul Tirans.

Eat shit, Ion

• The valor point system to upgrade gear makes the transition between raid tiers awkward as it makes you have less chances for upgrades in the next raid.
  • The valor point gear upgrade system is something that could make sense during the last raid tier of an expansion.
  • The 30 item level increase is the smallest number to make upgrades feel relevant in a new raid tier.

Really? 30 item level jumps to make shit feel relevant? Or does 30 ilvl jumps make everything feel like a fucking waste of time?

• The team wants to take a look at timers, mobs, and dungeons that seem to encourage needing invisibility.

Here is a good way to accomplish this, remove some of the fucking trash.

• Class specific sets were removed for now to allow more variety and distinct sets from different locations over more iterations of class themes.

Here is a thought you lazy faggots, how about design shit with location and class in mind. HOLY SHIT HOW COULD THAT IDEA EVEN BE POSSIBLE.

It is funny they are thinking of bringing back tier already. I guess Azerite sucking mad donkey dick didn't help.

Heart of Azeroth in 8.2 and Beyond

Who fucking cares? Abandon that shit like you abandoned class reworks you lying faggots.

• The biggest challenge of WoW is designing for the many different audiences that play the game.
  • The game is richer for having a variety of audiences over the team focusing on designing for one archetype.

Is it though? I mean when you try to please everyone you please no-one. Plus isn't your current design process causing people to cancel subs left and fucking right. I mean when they game was growing like crazy you weren't trying to cater to every backwater fuck.

Global Cooldown
  • The team is not done bringing abilities back off of the global cooldown.
  • The team is discussing how to make dps/healing increasing abilities more interesting to press. An example would be having a burst of healing ring out when pressing Ascendance before you transform.

Just admit you fucked up, people would give you faggot cunts a little more respect if you could admit a fucking mistake.

• Complete overhauls of a spec (such as rotation and resource alterations) will most likely not happen in a patch and have to wait for a new expansion.

Here is a perfect example of why I want Ion to get dick cancer.

I quit the game a while ago but goddamn does it still piss me off to no end to see these two assholes sit down and insult their playerbase over and over. I really shouldn't care at all but deep down I really would love for this game to be great again.

• 2Solidarity

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I want a Black Empire EXPANSION. I want a full-on campaign against resurgent Old Gods minions with Burning Legion-logistics and encompassing stuff.

BFA, but without all that stupid Zandalar Forever or Kul Tiran detours (even if the Vulpera are ok for Horde, and the Kul Tiran witch stuff could almost be good - if they bothered to make it beyond the big bad ending dead in a basement of a leveling dungeon)

It really is sad they couldn't just make this an old god expac without all the Wakanda forever, horde must fight alliance bullshit. Or at the very least make the faction fight happen because Sargaras stabbed the world hence allowing the old god influence to spread you know something more than HOLY SHIT THE TITAN STABBED OUR WORLD, LETS FIGHTING LOVE.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I still haven't seen anything new about the mission tables, that's my mobile game dickery.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I still haven't seen anything new about the mission tables, that's my mobile game dickery.
Nothing is going to happen about follower missions. They've stripped those to the most barebones they can, and I supposed they're going to scrap those at one expansion or another.

Same for island expeditions. They were supposed to be the greatest thing since AlphaGo or something (haven't watched the AI Starcraft yesterday...), and then they fizzled into nothingness. They have a pipeline of island settings and mob placement to finish emptying so I assume we'll see two new islands on 8.2 with some additional mobs, and that will be it.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Nothing is going to happen about follower missions. They've stripped those to the most barebones they can, and I supposed they're going to scrap those at one expansion or another.

Same for island expeditions. They were supposed to be the greatest thing since AlphaGo or something (haven't watched the AI Starcraft yesterday...), and then they fizzled into nothingness. They have a pipeline of island settings and mob placement to finish emptying so I assume we'll see two new islands on 8.2 with some additional mobs, and that will be it.
They aren't going to scrap table missions because people like Khanye run 400 of them across 5 accounts and 20 alts so it looks like people like them.

Islands we're a huge dissapointment for me. I was hyped for them. I probably over hyped it in my own mind. They are fine. I grind out my weekly in 45 minutes just pugging and smashing normals. The rewards are fine they just aren't that engaging.

Last edited:

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
In terms of narrative the conclusion of the Ghuun narrative where you and Talanji present to the people of Zandalar the knife bloodied on Ghuun's corpse is when they should have joined the Horde. I was positive going though that little cut scene that the troll unlock would happen soon after. That was what, two months ago? And we're a few months away from the unlock still?

• 1Picard

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
In terms of narrative the conclusion of the Ghuun narrative where you and Talanji present to the people of Zandalar the knife bloodied on Ghuun's corpse is when they should have joined the Horde. I was positive going though that little cut scene that the troll unlock would happen soon after. That was what, two months ago? And we're a few months away from the unlock still?

proxy.duckduckgo.com.png

• 2Like

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Islands we're a huge dissapointment for me. I was hyped for them. I probably over hyped it in my own mind. They are fine. I grind out my weekly in 45 minutes just pugging and smashing normals. The rewards are fine they just aren't that engaging.
I haven't filled my bar last week, and I might be doing that this weekend. Or maybe not. There's a slight uptick in motivation since I finally have a couple pieces of NM azerite where the +5ilvl isn't unlocked yet.

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
The new raid is pretty good, but extremely unfriendly for pugs. The average pug will struggle quite hard with the last 4 bosses if changes aren't made.

I'll enjoy the raids since I don't pug, but it does worry me a bit. They have fucked up every other aspect of this expansion, making the raid too hard for someone to pug will drive those players away as well.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

I was commenting more on the Q&A answer that the delay was due to thematic reasons but yeah. Their official line doesn't make sense so it probably isn't true or is only partially true. Maybe there was some kind of delay planned for story reasons at one point but the more truer answer would have been to say that all content of every kind that may help retain subscription numbers or get people to resub is carefully and meticulously portioned out at set intervals.

I just find it especially odd with the trolls given they were being advertised at the close of Legion, months before the release of BFA, and now we're like five months past BFA's launch, and they are still being delayed. It's so much build up for something so small.

• 1Picard