World of Warcraft: Current Year

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
It's so much build up for something so small.
That's the theme for the expansion.
Like having to wait a few weeks for a shot at a piece of azurite armor with lackluster traits.
Or hint moral grayness and uncertainty to lore events for weeks and months only to deliver anything but.
Or telling people they will have to wait for the reworks on a few specs only to deliver slight numbers tuning instead.

At least they are very consistent.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I was commenting more on the Q&A answer that the delay was due to thematic reasons but yeah. Their official line doesn't make sense so it probably isn't true or is only partially true. Maybe there was some kind of delay planned for story reasons at one point but the more truer answer would have been to say that all content of every kind that may help retain subscription numbers or get people to resub is carefully and meticulously portioned out at set intervals.

I just find it especially odd with the trolls given they were being advertised at the close of Legion, months before the release of BFA, and now we're like five months past BFA's launch, and they are still being delayed. It's so much build up for something so small.

The flippant reply was more towards them than you. I just have no energy left to give a shit about this anymore. Whether the expansion was accidentally, incidentally, or purposefully shit is irrelevant now.

Game will be F2P or B2P within 3-4 years after Classic guts their core-game subscriber numbers and the ones that switch to classic get tired of that and just move on to other things.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The mekkatorque fight is laughable and completely idiotic. It's like watching a kids show... Blue! Yellow! Red! YAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!! Good job everyone!

Who would ever think that was an interesting design choice or fight mechanic?

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Who would ever think that was an interesting design choice or fight mechanic?
1548432996737.png

• 5Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 6 users

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I was commenting more on the Q&A answer that the delay was due to thematic reasons but yeah. Their official line doesn't make sense so it probably isn't true or is only partially true. Maybe there was some kind of delay planned for story reasons at one point but the more truer answer would have been to say that all content of every kind that may help retain subscription numbers or get people to resub is carefully and meticulously portioned out at set intervals.

I just find it especially odd with the trolls given they were being advertised at the close of Legion, months before the release of BFA, and now we're like five months past BFA's launch, and they are still being delayed. It's so much build up for something so small.

The real reason is KulTirans weren’t done and they didn’t want to deal with outrage over one side getting their big allied race before the other.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How are people still willing to pay a monthly fee for this game now? Man addiction is a true bitch. I still peruse the subject in hope that maybe something exciting will happen but I refuse to pay for this service anymore. Actually it is still free and I still have not logged into the game for months.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Like having to wait a few weeks for a shot at a piece of azurite armor with lackluster traits.
Speaking of which, looks like most Azerite pieces no longer yield any residuum. Scrapped a few 355 WQ drops, nothing, scrapped two of my old Uldir HM pieces after I got upgrades, nothing.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
The flippant reply was more towards them than you. I just have no energy left to give a shit about this anymore. Whether the expansion was accidentally, incidentally, or purposefully shit is irrelevant now.

Game will be F2P or B2P within 3-4 years after Classic guts their core-game subscriber numbers and the ones that switch to classic get tired of that and just move on to other things.

I think people who switch back to classic with rose tinted goggles on will get a rude awakening. The classic talent trees were a fucking mess and the classes rotations were a lot more simplified than even what we currently see. I think a lot of people think they want classic but when they go back to it will realize there is a reason a lot of shit changed over the years.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I think people who switch back to classic with rose tinted goggles on will get a rude awakening. The classic talent trees were a fucking mess and the classes rotations were a lot more simplified than even what we currently see. I think a lot of people think they want classic but when they go back to it will realize there is a reason a lot of shit changed over the years.

I completely agree, and that's why I said they'll move on. Those rose tinted glasses are not only going to show them that Vanilla wasn't as great as they thought/hoped, but that Blizzard really isn't that great behind all the polish which when added to the current state of BFA is going to disillusion a lot of people

Khane

There weren't rotations. For melee it was mostly just sit there and auto attack and every once in a while hit some yellow attacks so you don't pull threat (and auto attacks did more damage than your actual builders or spenders anyway) and for casters it was spam whatever bolt the shit you were fighting wasn't immune to. But there won't be any poaching or sub discrepancy. They already announced it will be part of the regular subscription. And that of course will allow them to keep fooling investors with bullshit metrics.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Speaking of which, looks like most Azerite pieces no longer yield any residuum. Scrapped a few 355 WQ drops, nothing, scrapped two of my old Uldir HM pieces after I got upgrades, nothing.

only purple quality ones give residium it looks like. The new 355 wq ones are now listed as blue. I was able to get residium from blowing up existing purple 375 azerite stuff from before the patch.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
The real reason is KulTirans weren’t done and they didn’t want to deal with outrage over one side getting their big allied race before the other.

Yup kul'tirans unlike all the other allied race are an actual full new race new skeleton and the whole kit and kaboodle. That is a LOT more work than the other allied races which were just some minor texture changes/voice overs customization options and a mount. But new body rig requires a LOT more work to get all the armor hooking up to it correctly and a LOT more shit that needs to be checked/tested before you can release it.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I completely agree, and that's why I said they'll move on. Those rose tinted glasses are not only going to show them that Vanilla wasn't as great as they thought/hoped, but that Blizzard really isn't that great behind all the polish which when added to the current state of BFA is going to disillusion a lot of people

I disagree slightly, in that I think Vanilla was as great as they/we all thought...AT THE TIME...because the landscape is completely different in so many ways nowadays. But Quality of Life changes have come so far that I think virtually everyone won't be able to go back to a lot of the tedious bs that was Vanilla. The main reason everyone put up with all that shit back then was how the community on each server worked back then compared to the lobby system stuff everyone has been conditioned to like/deal with nowadays.

Plus most people are going to go and realize they've been there and done that. I still see Vanilla through all those rose colored glasses in that I'd probably still like it overall better than the current stuff even with all the bs concluded...but what's the point of grinding up to complete Vanilla when you've already done that ~13 years ago. It'll remove all of the positive stuff because it isn't new and most players will focus on all of the bs you guys are noting that they're forgetting was not so great back then.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
How are people still willing to pay a monthly fee for this game now? Man addiction is a true bitch. I still peruse the subject in hope that maybe something exciting will happen but I refuse to pay for this service anymore. Actually it is still free and I still have not logged into the game for months.
I feel bad for streamers who has to play this game for a living especially if they are not making tons of money like Asmongold. Some based their whole streaming career on WoW. Asmon started streaming other games cause he saw the writing in the wall. I guess it pays to be a variety streamer.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just like EQ was great for its time because it had nothing to compare it with then wow came along and polished what EQ did to a high shine. Classic wow was an amazing upgrade over eq1 but shit has moved on a long way and people just are not going to put up with what we did in wow classic any more than they would staring at a spell book for 5 minutes to regain mana.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I feel bad for streamers who has to play this game for a living especially if they are not making tons of money like Asmongold. Some based their whole streaming career on WoW. Asmon started streaming other games cause he saw the writing in the wall. I guess it pays to be a variety streamer.

It should really be obvious to Bliz something is wrong when all the YouTube/twitch personalities that loved your game enough to make videos and shit now hate your game. I mean from Asmond, Preach, Belluar, Taliesen on and on they all think BFA sucks major dick.

• 1Like

xzi

Mouthbreather
tbh as selfish as it sounds, I'm glad Bellular made a side youtube channel reporting gaming news and it's pretty solid so far. Sorta glad he's putting effort into that instead of WoW cause this game is certainly doing none of them favors.

Khane

I feel like Bellular has training in Journalism. His videos are way more polished and professional than anyone else's in the WoW space. He's got that journalistic delivery as well.