World of Warcraft: Current Year

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
So there is another interview up on MMOChamp from fuckface magoo, what’s funny is they acknowledge all the shit wrong with BFA and how the playerbase is pissed. Then they basically refuse to do anything about it and double down on being faggots.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

rinthea

Trakanon Raider
It's ok though, because lessons were learned.

That pisses me off. It must be taught at Fuckface PR firm 101.

If you fuck up just say it was a 'learning experience'. How many dumb fuck athletes or corporate dick heads get in fights with the public, beat their wives, show their dicks to interns, drop the ball or say something stupid and immediately chalk it up to a 'learning experience'?

How do these PR firms not understand the first fucking thing about apologies.

The point of an apology is that it's a contract to who you wronged, where the embarrassment and pain of fucking up and having to make the apology is so bad that you are going to do your fucking damnest not to fuck up again.

No one gives a fuck fuck if you say you learnt from it, especially when you don't mean it. You need to show that it fucking hurts so bad that you will actually try not to do it again.

Dumb fucks. I should start a PR firm.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
That pisses me off. It must be taught at Fuckface PR firm 101.

If you fuck up just say it was a 'learning experience'. How many dumb fuck athletes or corporate dick heads get in fights with the public, beat their wives, show their dicks to interns, drop the ball or say something stupid and immediately chalk it up to a 'learning experience'?

How do these PR firms not understand the first fucking thing about apologies.

The point of an apology is that it's a contract to who you wronged, where the embarrassment and pain of fucking up and having to make the apology is so bad that you are going to do your fucking damnest not to fuck up again.

No one gives a fuck fuck if you say you learnt from it, especially when you don't mean it. You need to show that it fucking hurts so bad that you will actually try not to do it again.

Dumb fucks. I should start a PR firm.

bucket

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
You know the game has gone to complete shit when people start remembering garrisons with a wistful gleam in their eyes.
The Garrison is the home of all my characters when there's nothing to do.

• 2Solidarity

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Another symptom of the funny at Blizzard. So, they release season 2 with new azerite traits. Then, of course, with the opening of Mythic, they need to nerf those because that would be unbalancing:

January 29th Class Tuning - Azerite Tuning and Mythic Balance Changes

Blizzard Patchnotes said:
Champion of Azeroth effectiveness reduced by 10%.
Oh, my. We need to tune that trait so that it does not unbalance mythic raiding
That trait is only available on WQ outdoor drops that can't exceed ilvl 355, which I'm sure every mythic raider is farming so they can use it at full 100% power!

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I don't know how it works now but with the old system the weekly Mythic+ chest and emissary armor caches could both spit out the higher level versions of Azerite armor otherwise only available from world bosses or world quests.

• 1Picard

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
One of the major problems with BFA is that so much developer time spent on new distinctive content to seperate it from Legion was wasted because there is no motivation for players to do it and there is no good reward structure in place for it, and the actual design of the encounters is super shallow.

Itemization and power-progression absolutely fucked BFA.

They would have had a hit if the reward was there. The rewards are vapid and meaningless. The "tiers" just don't feel rewarding, the gear is meaningless, upgrades often times simply don't matter. Part of that is specs being smoothed out via % tooltip adjustment after Legion, part of the stat squish, and the other part of the problem is the difficulty in obtaining the gear you want in the first place-- RNG and such.

BFA reminds me a lot of HOTS as far as how meaningless the victories are (in this case, the BFA gear). There is just this hollowness unique to BFA that people can't quite put their finger on.

It's going to take a real leader to actually get WoW back on track-- because as much as I can speculate about some obvious things that broke BFA, there is so much more to it. Everything has been upended.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Well the other part is Ion the retarded keeps stating, we have a wide variety of players and it is hard to please them all. Blah blah, someone needs to write on a baseball bat, “Try to please everyone, and you please no one” and then beat everyone at the fucking at Blizzard HQ with it until they get the message.

• 2Like

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Another symptom of the funny at Blizzard. So, they release season 2 with new azerite traits. Then, of course, with the opening of Mythic, they need to nerf those because that would be unbalancing:

January 29th Class Tuning - Azerite Tuning and Mythic Balance Changes

Oh, my. We need to tune that trait so that it does not unbalance mythic raiding
That trait is only available on WQ outdoor drops that can't exceed ilvl 355, which I'm sure every mythic raider is farming so they can use it at full 100% power!

The magnitude of some of those 'tuning' changes is unreal. Most are swinging by 30-50% and a few are up at 150%-300% etc.

• 1Like

rinthea

Trakanon Raider
Well the other part is Ion the retarded keeps stating, we have a wide variety of players and it is hard to please them all. Blah blah, someone needs to write on a baseball bat, “Try to please everyone, and you please no one” and then beat everyone at the fucking at Blizzard HQ with it until they get the message.

Translation:

"My hands are tied, we made $800m from cash shops last year from less than 10% of the player population. Whereas everyone else only covers costs. We're doing what keeps the 10% spending."

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
They buffed the boomkin trait streaking stars by 15%, which is a trait they were already using. Boomkins were already good, they are going to be God tier for BoD.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I'm positive one of the major reasons given for forced personal loot was to reduce emphasis on world first guilds running split raids. Method, in preparation for mythic, has been doing and is doing tons and tons and tons of split raids. Specifically they are doing runs by armor type to funnel Azerite on to specific people. It looks like their farming and funnelling will allow members to purchase two different max item level Azerite pieces.

• 1Picard

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
It's going to take a real leader to actually get WoW back on track-- because as much as I can speculate about some obvious things that broke BFA, there is so much more to it. Everything has been upended.
Yesterday was my last day. Subscription lapses this weekend (and autorenew is cancelled), so I'm not going to do a half raid.

That's the second time I cancel WoW. I wouldn't say "never again", because who knows, but I'm not seeing myself resubbing in any foreseeable future.

The only games where I resubbed were EQ (resubbed twice), Asheron's Call (once), DAoC (once) and WoW (once).

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I'm positive one of the major reasons given for forced personal loot was to reduce emphasis on world first guilds running split raids. Method, in preparation for mythic, has been doing and is doing tons and tons and tons of split raids. Specifically they are doing runs by armor type to funnel Azerite on to specific people. It looks like their farming and funnelling will allow members to purchase two different max item level Azerite pieces.

They like to use the "hardcore" community as their scapegoat for a lot of things.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
They like to use the "hardcore" community as their scapegoat for a lot of things.

I watched MethodJosh during the Ghuun race and picked back on his stream now in anticipation for the new raid tier and the amount of prep that people are doing is ridiculous. He's done Normal/Heroic/Mythic Uldir and Normal/Heroic BfD each on like seven different characters. Full cloth normal/heroic/mythic minus Ghuun, repeat with leather, repeat with leather again, repeat with mail, repeat with plate. He's also kept up on Islands, PvP, and Mythic+. The whole guild is blowing millions of gold on 425 BoEs. Limit faction changed their entire guild and then back again to get an extra 400 item. It's nuts.

Reducing Azerite to a currency that could be farmed and pooled undid everything Ion has ever said about personal loot reducing the emphasis on split-raiding. If you wanted to be in the front at this raid tier than you needed to do every raid at every available difficulty on half a dozen characters on top of everything else required.

• 1Picard

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Ion and his "team" need to stop giving a shit about the lengths the bleeding edge will go to. They will never be able to stop people like that and when they do actually make changes because of the bleeding edge it usually ends up hurting the rest of the player base even more.

• 5Solidarity
  • 3Like
Reactions: 7 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Ion and his "team" need to stop giving a shit about the lengths the bleeding edge will go to. They will never be able to stop people like that and when they do actually make changes because of the bleeding edge it usually ends up hurting the rest of the player base even more.

I can't tell when Ion is saying something that is true or when he is saying something that sounds reasonable but isn't really true. Were you really concerned about split-raiding and it's effects on the highest levels of play (and how it excludes almost the entire play base from even entertaining the idea of participating) or was that just one more argument to throw on top of the pile that sounded good but wasn't really a factor in the decision?

• 1Picard

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

That will never stop because Ion caters to "champagne poppin" first and foremost. Everything else comes after. He was trying to sell WoW raiding as an E-sport ala champagne popping that we saw during Limit firsts.

There was a big editorial of sorts on "champagne poppers", and how its affected the direction of WoW over the years that was widely embraced and given strong reviews by the community. It was pretty eye-opening, while also being a good read on Limit, and how 2 guilds are affecting the decisions Blizzard makes in modern day.