World of Warcraft: Current Year

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
The whole world first race always seemed stupid to me. I never paid it much mind or begrudged anyone their interest in it/pursuing it, but jesus fucking christ was it ever annoying to constantly run into things that were affected by it. Not just game design decisions/changes, but the actions of the playerbase as well.

Fucker

Log Wizard
The whole world first race always seemed stupid to me. I never paid it much mind or begrudged anyone their interest in it/pursuing it, but jesus fucking christ was it ever annoying to constantly run into things that were affected by it. Not just game design decisions/changes, but the actions of the playerbase as well.

World first! It only took us 600 tries to do it, but look at us go!

People take video games too seriously these days.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Watching someone who is world class at something is usually pretty interesting no matter what the activity is. If the activity has enough following anyway. Also, it helps a lot of them make some money while doing it.

That said, fuck the world first race having an effect on my enjoyment of the game.

xzi

Mouthbreather
That will never stop because Ion caters to "champagne poppin" first and foremost. Everything else comes after. He was trying to sell WoW raiding as an E-sport ala champagne popping that we saw during Limit firsts.

There was a big editorial of sorts on "champagne poppers", and how its affected the direction of WoW over the years that was widely embraced and given strong reviews by the community. It was pretty eye-opening, while also being a good read on Limit, and how 2 guilds are affecting the decisions Blizzard makes in modern day.

I was gonna say that's retarded but then I remembered they removed master looter because of split runs which like 4 guilds in the world actually did willingly

And then they removed trading azerite a few weeks ago to any class that wasn't yours to stop players from essentially farming bis azerite pieces by being fed from their guild, which also only about 4 guilds in the world actually did

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Progress still seems to cater viewers though :

woah.png

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I was gonna say that's retarded but then I remembered they removed master looter because of split runs which like 4 guilds in the world actually did willingly

And then they removed trading azerite a few weeks ago to any class that wasn't yours to stop players from essentially farming bis azerite pieces by being fed from their guild, which also only about 4 guilds in the world actually did

The azerite change is not much of a change for the bulk of the player base because only edge case people ever found themselves in a situation where it would effect them. The master looter change was a lot more noticable because a fair amount of people do end of expansion carry raids so they can get the transmogs and thats kicked in the pants by personal loot.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
What's the story with Limit?

I don't know much but I did hear they faction changed their entire guild and then changed back to do the 400 item level weekly two times versus everyone else's one. It looks like all the guilds on contention have spent impossibly large amounts of gold on 425 BoEs so I can't finger pointing amounting to much of anything. If you're buying WoW tokens to turn in to gold to turn in to 425s that's not really much different.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
They faction changed to Alliance to do the stupid warmode quest that awarded 400 ilvl loot. Then faction changed back for the raid.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users