World of Warcraft: Current Year

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
I'd be happy if after say you've done a full clear of LFR or Flex you could queue for just the boss you want. Flex would of course require at least ten people to agree but at least your guild could cherry pick fights that dropped needed gear.

That or up the chance of the item I actually need so that after six weeks of rolling gold and shit I don't want I could finally get the one thing I want.

Toxxulian_sl

shitlord
It's not like you are doing normal and heroic, if you are doing heroic your most def. not doing lfr / flex. My main is a 572 Mage and I just do Heroic. Haven't touched LFR or flex since the first week.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Oh I assure you, visibility was not the problem. More like "running around blindly with no fucking idea what is going on." There were maybe two other people even attempting to follow the path. Even on the third attempt. I mean, the first thing the tank said upon entering the zone was "okay what do I do for this one." WARNING.

I did link the helpful .gif showing exactly how you find the safe path. No one survived.

Funny enough, I usually just hop in the melee zone but one rep I tried the range one. And learned that if you try to strafe and dps that at one point the path is so far out that the beam goes faster than your run speed for a short time. The fuck would I ever use that when I can use the melee path and never stop dpsing?

Anyway, the worst part was the 20-30 minutes between reps. Just no. Why in the fuck can you not do quests while in a raid group when your raid group isn't even in the same zone or even the same goddamn server? That sounds like the sort of quality of life thing that WoW is above and beyond all over MMOs in fixing. About the only thing I could accomplish was farming leather, and I already have enough for like two weeks of hides.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Why is anyone still playing this?
Not so much playing as voting with my dollars, even if you dont log in subscribing means showing support for Blizzard for the tremendous advances they have allowed the MMO genre. I'm sure you of all people can appreciate that.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I dont know what's more retarded, writing that defense or that apparently there were tons of people complaining about them changing a *tiny* rarely used button into a different function. I'm not actually using their official forums but gems like these make me wish they'd shut them down and let people be retarded in places where they can be told so.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Why is Dumar posting in the wow thread? Oh to be a faggot.

I hear there's a new MMO coming out, go post about how it should be Vanguard 2.

Rime

<Donor>
Eh.

I have picked up most major MMOs as they have come out, but I always end up back at WoW.

About half of my guild (14 people) went to SW:ToR - Most did not last a month, everyone was back to WoW.

My guild (23 people) migrated to GW2. Within a month, we (22) were back in WoW.

Changed to two ten man groups. One of them splintered off and made a new 25 Man guild.

Guild is currently running at 9 Solid Raiders and two alternates. The people who split off to form the 25m broke up and formed a new 25m and the 8 or so who stayed with the original server hopped.

FF14 took six people, but out of them, they are all back to raiding, with only two people playing FF casually.

As much as people want to bitch and moan about World of Warcraft, it is the most polished game out there. Nobody really expects a new launch to have the content of WoW, but when games ship with next to no end game or have horrible, crippling bugs at launch, it really kills them before they get a chance to hold their audience.

A chunk of the guild is already excited for Wildstar, but I do not expect them (or myself, if I buy into it) to be gone for long. All depends on when Warlords of Draenor launchers.

an accordion_sl

shitlord
As much as people want to bitch and moan about World of Warcraft, it is the most polished game out there. Nobody really expects a new launch to have the content of WoW, but when games ship with next to no end game or have horrible, crippling bugs at launch, it really kills them before they get a chance to hold their audience.
Disagree, the thing that really separates WoW from other games is how responsive and fluid the game feels (and obviously runs well due to its age). No other game has even come close to matching WoW in that department.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Went back on a GW2 kick for about 2 months. burned out again. Played FF14 for a week? Terrible.

Resubbed this morning :/

WoW is the ultimate "but he loves me" example but instead of a black eye, I show up exhausted to work.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Disagree, the thing that really separates WoW from other games is how responsive and fluid the game feels (and obviously runs well due to its age). No other game has even come close to matching WoW in that department.
GW2 matches it.After a year of GW2 WoW actually feels a bit clumsy. GW2's failure for me lies in how their post-launch support works (bi-weekly circus instead of continually adding permanent content/zones).

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I definitely think gw2 plays as well as wow. At that point it's a matter of wanting older style combat restrictions versus gw2's near FPS-feeling combat. The folks I play with are primarily pve so amazingly enough it was swtor that kept peopl off wow the longest, up to a year. Most of those guys quit Mmos after swtor whereas a few of us crawled back to wow. Now my new guild has a few double dippers in tor and wow.

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
GW2 as responsive as WoW? This a recent development? I didn't get that at all when I tried it at launch.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Nope pretty much always been the case. Dont mix up engine responsiveness with their (weird) intended movement start/stop animation though. That just takes some getting used to I guess, it didnt bother me but some folks I know took a few weeks to adjust to it.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
GW2 is so amazingly responsive that at first I couldn't believe it. I thought it was a WoW only feature.
Its most lackluster aspect is the lack of a progression at the end game, except a monumental farming for materials to craft ascended gear. Right after that there is the lack of specific roles, so dungeons end up being 5 random dpsers: if 4 are good it goes smooth, 3 and it starts to get hairy, if it's 1 only, it's an exercise in futility. You can't rely on a good tank/healer to make the run go smooth and besides dps-only can be quite limiting at times, given that the only answer to 99,99% of the problems is "more dps".

WoW is just a piece of art and as it goes for art, it's entirely subjective to consider it good or bad, what is clearly there for anyone to see is that it functions perfectly. I still enjoy it, not as much as I did in the past, but it's still feeling so damn good to play it.