World of Warcraft: Current Year

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
I finished green fire the weekend after the books started dropping and I have to say it was easily one of the most satisfying things I have ever done in the game. I wish they would add more shit like that for all the classes, even if it's just something silly like a cosmetic change.
Yea I felt like I had beat the fucking game when I did it on my alt warlock with 491 ilvl. I spent 3 hours on it and when that last hit went off on him it was like "YES! FUCK YOU GAME! YOU AIN'T GOT SHIT BITCH!"

More importantly though, they REALLY need to put in weapon/gear skin collection like DC Universe. My entire fucking bank AND void storage is full of transmog shit I've collected, and now it's spilling over into my regular inventory. Shit is getting ridiculous. And yes, I'm a fucking gear hoarder and I need help.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Why does everyone suddenly become so fucking dense regarding analogies? It wasn't that hard - you didn't use car to full potential just like you didn't play WoW to full potential. I know Dumar's excuse, what's everyone elses?

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My excuse is who cares. I'm back after missing two expansions and having fun leveling up and experiencing new content. What else matters?

Ryoz

<Donor>
Yea I felt like I had beat the fucking game when I did it on my alt warlock with 491 ilvl. I spent 3 hours on it and when that last hit went off on him it was like "YES! FUCK YOU GAME! YOU AIN'T GOT SHIT BITCH!"

More importantly though, they REALLY need to put in weapon/gear skin collection like DC Universe. My entire fucking bank AND void storage is full of transmog shit I've collected, and now it's spilling over into my regular inventory. Shit is getting ridiculous. And yes, I'm a fucking gear hoarder and I need help.
They were years too late. When I think about all of the gear I had to delete in vanilla and BC because of lack of bank space...and accidentally deleting benediction... qq

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
My excuse is who cares. I'm back after missing two expansions and having fun leveling up and experiencing new content. What else matters?
Yea ~ Same here. I quit mid WOTLK and now Im back and having fun.

Is it a single player game for me? Mostly. I do two versions of raids and I complete both in two days. In other words, I dont get why you're all saying that Raids are great for social gaming. SoO is quick if your crew knows what theyre doing and there is no point in doing the previous raids, really. I really just dont know of anything that WoW or a recent MMO has that absolutely requires you to communicate with people and be social. Hell, if you use DBM or similar, you dont even have to communicate during a raid.

Juvarisx

Florida
Its mandatory for heroic raids, but generally speaking if people know the fights I could see not needing to for easier modes. Being social during a raid though adds to it for me so I enjoy doing so regardless.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I find it interesting that the majority of wow-bashers here and elsewhere seem to fucking always play the current expansion or be on the up and up on what's new. Quit being angry nerds, it gets old.

Me? I hate something, I don't go back. Like halo, never liked it. Didn't buy the sequels. I don't enjoy LoL, but I don't troll it.

Mageling

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Is there a Rerolled Horde group running Flex or have a guild around? Mine has pretty much shut down at this point and they don't even want to take an extra person on Flex, so I'm debating telling them to fuck off and finding somewhere else to actually try to enjoy the game.

Currently on Nordrassil and have a 525ish Ele/Resto Shaman and 528 Ret that I primarily play.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Why does everyone suddenly become so fucking dense regarding analogies? It wasn't that hard - you didn't use car to full potential just like you didn't play WoW to full potential. I know Dumar's excuse, what's everyone elses?
Just be clear, I wasn't bashing your analogy. I was bashing the wow bashing analogies that get used over and over (McDonalds / theme park / etc)

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Just be clear, I wasn't bashing your analogy. I was bashing the wow bashing analogies that get used over and over (McDonalds / theme park / etc)
Dumar was the only one that derped it this time around, I was just speaking from a historical perspective. I see it all the time where someone will say "Playing X is like bashing yourself in the face," and random fanboy / hater jumps in and says "You just compared X to your face and that's not right blah blah blah." It's like certain people lose all reading comprehension when an analogy is involved.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
What exactly changed that has everyone whining that PVP gear is only useful inside of battlegrounds now?

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
What exactly changed that has everyone whining that PVP gear is only useful inside of battlegrounds now?
iLevel? 5.4 added ilevel 522 pvp gear, but the raid is 559. Also, I don't believe PVP gear ilevel is upgradable like PVE gear is.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
iLevel? 5.4 added ilevel 522 pvp gear, but the raid is 559. Also, I don't believe PVP gear ilevel is upgradable like PVE gear is.
So nothing changed, they are just being hyperbolic whiners? Because I'm pretty damn sure it makes no sense at all to say that pvp gear is only useful in battlegrounds if it functions the same both in and out of bgs. And resilience is still pretty goddamn huge.

EDIT: Just finished a 2 hour, 10 minute second wing of SoO. 18% berserk on Nazgrim. Tanks with 496 ilevel, pvp gear, and 540k hp who still outdamaged five dps, all of which were under 60k.

Bonus: I wasn't even there for the first boss (galakras)

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
So nothing changed, they are just being whining faggots? Because I'm pretty damn sure it makes no sense at all to say that pvp gear is only useful in battlegrounds if it functions the same both in and out of bgs. And resilience is still pretty goddamn huge.
Resilience is baselined as of 5.3 (65% regardless of gear) and most +resil on pvp gear was removed. So now, the PvP Power stat is the main PvP stack stat, though I guess it hasn't kept up with PvE stat inflation.

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm
People bitched about skill > gear so they marginalized the gear somewhat. Now they bitch about PvP gear being second class to PvE gear. Sure the gearing process isn't very interesting but I thought people PvP'ed to you know kill other people and the gear was a means to this end. Personally i think trying to get gear for both PvE and PvP is too time consuming for casual players so they gravitate to one end or another, and as a result one of the two activities suffers.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Hrm I see. Although, they seem to be making the assumption that everyone is running around in normal/heroic raid gear, when most are probably tooling around in LFR at best and would get shitstomped by someone in PVP gear.