World of Warcraft: Current Year

Noahx

N00b
(I feel dirty posting this)

The winter lull (Jan-March), usually brings me back to an old game. WoW, AO, EQ, CoX... Even more this season as there isn't the typical big game release to hold me through.

Haven't been back to WoW since prior to Mists. Is the "journey" decent through the new content? Mostly roll on a Shadow Priest but have Paladin, DK, Rogue and Shaman...

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Haven't been back to WoW since prior to Mists. Is the "journey" decent through the new content?
It's a decent single-player RPG. At the current discounted price, and if you can squeeze it into one sub period, it's worth the price. Once you hit max, the "meh" parts kick in, and you can unsub and go away.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
So, leatherworking.

To learn the current crop of recipes, you need 70 leather a day, for 83 days. Of all these recipes, I really only want one.

So far I've learned 17 and 0 of them are hunter. So there's no mechanic to favor your own class recipes.

This is all old news of course, people have been saying lw is the most fucked profession for a year now. But.. wow. Someone should get detention or something over this.

I assume the primary-stat fix in WOD will fix the fact that lw needs what, 10 different armor/stat combinations?

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So, leatherworking.

To learn the current crop of recipes, you need 70 leather a day, for 83 days. Of all these recipes, I really only want one.

So far I've learned 17 and 0 of them are hunter. So there's no mechanic to favor your own class recipes.

This is all old news of course, people have been saying lw is the most fucked profession for a year now. But.. wow. Someone should get detention or something over this.

I assume the primary-stat fix in WOD will fix the fact that lw needs what, 10 different armor/stat combinations?
Ive been doing the Leather Working Discovery shit for about three weeks now, and I have yet to get any Snowlily gear. I swear, I get PVP gear 99% of the time and its just frustrating. I would have just bought the gear had I known it was going to be this intensive. But now I feel obligated to just keep going.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Cataclysm is where I just said "no" to leatherworking. When it starts requiring enough leather that you need a leather guildbank alt, that's just silly.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Haven't been back to WoW since prior to Mists. Is the "journey" decent through the new content? Mostly roll on a Shadow Priest but have Paladin, DK, Rogue and Shaman...
Like Ukerric said, it's a nice single-player experience and they do a much better job at bread crumbing the right loot to you via quests. Meaning, 3 levels into it, you've already gotten a new set of stat-inflated armor. The numbers get pretty ridiculous.

Having said that, I haven't played since Cataclysm released andalways hated questing, yet I find questing in MoP bearable and even entertaining at a few points. I by no means enjoy questing, but MoP seems to have hit the mark.

I myself don't like the fact that they've turned MMO's into single-player experiences, but what can you do?

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Like Ukerric said, it's a nice single-player experience and they do a much better job at bread crumbing the right loot to you via quests. Meaning, 3 levels into it, you've already gotten a new set of stat-inflated armor. The numbers get pretty ridiculous.

Having said that, I haven't played since Cataclysm released andalways hated questing, yet I find questing in MoP bearable and even entertaining at a few points. I by no means enjoy questing, but MoP seems to have hit the mark.

I myself don't like the fact that they've turned MMO's into single-player experiences, but what can you do?
The funny thing is that you are so completely off base regarding the "single-player experience," that it is laughable. I mean seriously 90% of developer resources go to designing raids and it's a "single player MMO." There are plenty of things to criticize WoW on, but the batch of people who come on here and say "I leveled to 90 with every class, did LFR once and hate single player MMO's like WoW," or "I read trade chat for an hour and the community is awful," really rustle my jimmies. It's like saying I took my Ferrari up to 40 miles per hour and can definitely say I need a faster car.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
The funny thing is that you are so completely off base regarding the "single-player experience," that it is laughable. I mean seriously 90% of developer resources go to designing raids and it's a "single player MMO." There are plenty of things to criticize WoW on, but the batch of people who come on here and say "I leveled to 90 with every class, did LFR once and hate single player MMO's like WoW," or "I read trade chat for an hour and the community is awful," really rustle my jimmies. It's like saying I took my Ferrari up to 40 miles per hour and can definitely say I need a faster car.
I was just speaking for the leveling experience. Obviously raiding requires more than one person...

A single-player experience is exactly what WoW is until you hit the level cap. It's very unfortunate and I don't necessarily like it, but MoP has done a good job making it bearable.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
If you stick to LFR raiding and daily quest stuff for tradeskills etc then the game very much is a single player MMO. Hell people don't even have names anymore, its just Tank, DPS and Healz (always with the z...)

Daestrom_sl

shitlord
(I feel dirty posting this)

The winter lull (Jan-March), usually brings me back to an old game. WoW, AO, EQ, CoX... Even more this season as there isn't the typical big game release to hold me through.

If you're looking to raid I'd stay away from SPriest. Although disc is really good. Pal tank is strong/holy pal is weak. DK/Rogue/Sham are all good/decent atm, with resto shams being 1-2 top healers.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just like any other multiplayer game. Unless you're in a "clique" or a group of RL friends...you're forever the fuck alone.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Just like any other multiplayer game. Unless you're in a "clique" or a group of RL friends...you're forever the fuck alone.
Much like every game or activity ever, yes.

This game is so much more challenging when in a guild, but i can see how people who've 'done it all in LDE' don't want to do the 'same content' with a different coat of paint, especially if it involve having to find a guild to do it.

This is an old argument since the days heroic raiding started, just tack on LFR and flex to that now.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
If you stick to LFR raiding and daily quest stuff for tradeskills etc then the game very much is a single player MMO.
It's the parts that are "meh". The levelling part is relatively well done, but, except for three dungeons (the Wall, the Brewery and the Shado-Pan monastery) where the story ends a bit abruptly if you don't do the dungeon (i.e. do multiplayer) afterward, it is entirely a single player affair. And if you're paying for a single-player RPG, make sure you don't overpay (i.e. do it in a month, two tops, then unsub until 6.0)

Dumar_sl

shitlord
It's like saying I took my Ferrari up to 40 miles per hour and can definitely say I need a faster car.
No, it's not like that whatsoever. Comparing WoW to a Ferrari is probably the most retarded analogy in the history of this board. And there have been some MAJOR fucking retarded analogies.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
I resubbed and played a couple weeks, nothing particularly good to say, a few things particularly bad, but we all know them by now.
What I enjoyed is the green fire quest for warlocks, given my abysmal item level it's fairly challenging (ilvl 470ish) and I got two of the felhounds down, but it took too long, so I got swarmed by just too many events. I'm sure I'll get over that part and was wondering if they couldn't do the whole game like that... one can always hope :p

I finished green fire the weekend after the books started dropping and I have to say it was easily one of the most satisfying things I have ever done in the game. I wish they would add more shit like that for all the classes, even if it's just something silly like a cosmetic change.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Wow is like a Ferrari being driven by Ronald McDonald at Six Flags.

Because, uh, it's like WoW is full of goofs in sweet sports cars but all they are doing is waiting in line for a roller coaster ride.

Or whatever you retards keep saying.