World of Warcraft: Current Year

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
The new Lich King is pretty pro, though. He's a good guy and stuff, for realies.
Given some of the shit he was asking the DK in legion to do to recreate the four horseman that seems to not be the case. He was asking us to do some pretty damn dark stuff.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
God, this wreaks of desperation. The 6mo subs are expiring....

Yes, yes they are.
I collected my 900 mail and sent my auctions to alt chars in preparation for 26th, when my sub runs out. Sitting on 5m gold in case I ever want to come back.

"in case". Yeah right of course I'm buying next xpac with bnet balance. Who are we trying to fool here.

• 1Barf
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
They jump can in forth way to fucking much, we want the game to be community based, but we want people to play solo too. Pick one cunts.
We didn't like people getting gold but we added it because.. pick one cunts
We are ok with selling carries, we don't want people spamming carries.. pick one cunts.

• RNG
    • There are a lot more viable loot acquisitions in the game outside of raiding than in the past.
    • The team is working on tech to make the mythic + cache at the end of the week less random.
    • The team is actively trying to figure out how to lessen moments that feel bad without making everything a vendor.
  • Gear Reset and Catch Up
    • The team has experimented with many different ranges for item level increase between raid tiers and have found the current 15 item levels is the minimum that they can do to make the jump from tier to tier feel relevant.
  • Fun and Enjoyment
    • The team has no incentive to create content that is not fun just to pad subscription numbers.
    • People tend to fixate on the Activitision investor lingo but this is not what the team focuses on when creating content.
    • The team values how engaged the community is and how often they are logging in to do content. They want to create content based on feedback and community response.
    • There are many different play styles and ways people enjoy the game. What works for some people doesn't always work for others.
  • PvP Rewards
    • Conquest rewards are not as high of an item level as raids and other harder content because it is a participation award just for engaging in PvP.
    • Playing at higher levels of PvP offers more relevant rewards comparable to other harder content.
  • Stat Importance
    • Starting in Legion, the ratio of stats on gear shifted more to primary stats as you progress further into the end game.
    • The team doesn't want secondary stats to be perfectly equal for classes so there is some decision making and enjoyment from seeing good stats on gear, but they want the gaps between secondary stat importance to be narrow.
  • Portal Removal Feedback
    • A Caverns of Time portal is being added to the portal hubs in the next update.
    • A UI update in the next update will add pathfinding directions to quests that take place on other continents.
  • Transmog
    • The ability to hide the chest slot will be added in the next update.
    • A long term project is to loosen some restrictions over time so players can have more self expression.
  • Character Customization
    • The team wants to increase customization options such as eye color in the near future.
    • A height option is more complicated and most likely not happening.
  • Allied Races
    • There are no new Allied Races in Rise of Azshara.
    • The team is listening to community feedback for what people want to play and will announce Allied races where it makes sense with the story.
    • There could be the ability to repeat Allied Race quests in the future.
  • Leveling
    • Leveling needs help. 120 is a big number and giving a reward at every level would be overwhelming and impractical.
    • The team has heavily discussed a level squish lately. They want community feedback on if losing levels would feel bad even if they could give more valuable rewards at every level in the leveling process.
  • Classic and Old Design Philosophies
    • The team wants to put the emphasis of community back into WoW.
    • With that said, they also don't want to make people feel like they can't play without other people.
  • Role Playing Servers in Classic
    • There will be a role playing server option in Classic.
  • Guilds and Communities
    • Certain guild features were lost in the transition of integrating communities into the Battle.net platform. The team is working and listening to feedback to bring back what is missed most.
  • Two Sides to Every Tale Achievement
    • The team thought it would be a cool reward for people who saw both narratives. It isn't necessarily starting a trend to play both factions.
  • Gold
    • The team did not like what Warlords and Legion did to the economy and tried to pull back in BfA. They have reintroduced gold rewards after some changes in the beginning of the expansion such as the emissary rewards.
    • The team wants repair and consumable costs to be easily done through normal game play.
    • Selling runs for gold has been going on since the game launched. It is much healthier for it to happen with in game currency over sketchy methods.
    • The team doesn't want the advertising of selling runs to dominate channels and group finder and have taken steps to try and stop it, but there is no way to stop it completely.
  • Demon Hunter Server Restrictions
    • No plans to remove the restrictions in BfA, but most likely in the future as they did with Death Knights.
  • Raid Composition
    • The team is pretty happy with the encounter designs in Battle for Dazar'alor.
    • Ideally there will be some fights that are more friendly to ranged and in turn some that are friendlier to melee.
    • Outliers are usually changed such as Mythrax and Mythic Fetid Devourer.
  • Reputation in Dungeons
    • It is unlikely that reputation will be awarded for just doing dungeons because it is mostly tied to the outdoor content. They don't want chaining dungeons to be the most practical method of obtaining reputation.
    • In the past they had reputation in dungeons because of the limited amount of dailies. With world quests, there are more ways to earn rep now.
  • Thal'kiel and Demonology Warlocks
    • Other Legion artifact personalities could return in the future. Hati was an outlier because it was a beloved companion specific to hunters.
    • Xal'atath was an interesting character and the team wanted to dive into her story more which is why she has returned.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Level squish would be the best thing they ever did to this game.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

Should have been done in alpha. we out

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
So anyway, this free weekend thing allows me to buy WoW tokens with the stupid amount of gold I made 10 years ago using my addon. Question for people who still play this ruined game: buy tokens now or wait until Classic launch? Any idea how prices might change? I noticed the price dropped dramatically last year for some reason.

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
View attachment 200309
Should have been done in alpha. we out
So they are saying that the only possible alternative to the shit we have now is giving rewards every single level?
No other possible way outside of giving 95% before level 60 and the rest from 60 to 120 or a reward every single level?

I don't think they are this dumb, so it sounds like they already decided that they are doing the level squish and are trying to get the players to ask for it so they can say they listened.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Why not just make leveling not a shit filled slogfest and let people with heirlooms blast through it at 10x the pace

That's fine too, but it would be better, at the current rate, to not have to wait 20 levels for every new skill and then to not get any at all for the last 20.

Fucker

Log Wizard
  • Classic and Old Design Philosophies
    • The team wants to put the emphasis of community back into WoW.

Here's a thought, quit fucking with game features that are over a decade old, and quit fiddling around with things that don't need to be touched. Also, no one is going to take anyone seriously until you shitcan the ENTIRE head dev crew. You cannot make a community when your decisions drive away your subscribers.

Someone tell these inbred faggots that WoW is 14 years old, and it's too late to give life to the early game.

NONE of what they are talking about addresses issues PLAYERS have with the game. The issues PLAYERS have with the game are ignored. Work on fixing that before you set about breaking things...mebbe? Yes?

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
The lack of character growth/progress while levelling IS one of the issues players have with the game now. Level squish is not a new concept. Hell, I posted something months back about how a level squish could be beneficial and would be something I'd support if I had any confidence they could do it without just fucking up a million things in the process.

• 1Like