World of Warcraft: Current Year

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I have known several people who would not even do heroic dungeons, as they did not like the 'pressure'. They enjoyed LFR. So there certainly is an audience for it.
A much bigger audience than there will ever be for mythics, that's for sure.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Blizzard just posted a recruitment ad out for hiring...... 3 months after firing 900 people.

It's an old video they made but not sure about reuploading it lol

Activision Blizzard chief operating officer Coddy Johnson drew a line down the middle of the company’s staff, creating two pools. On the earnings call this week, he said that Activision is “reducing certain non-development and administrative-related costs across our business,” while the company would be “investing more in development.”

Maybe they should educate thyselves in the language of computational electronic devices.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I just hope whoever they hire is aware they will be fired in 4 years so they can re-hire people to work cheaper

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Probably too much overhead. I remember the one guy a while back who stated that Blizzard was full of people who thought they were rock stars. I wonder if they changed the music.

• 1Worf

xzi

Mouthbreather
tbf they're probably one of the better gaming companies you could work for

too bad it's still a gaming company and they'll pay you dogshit, where the cost of living is insanely high and they prey on you just being a mega fanboy and being okay with it

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
That's what happened with Tenks I think. I think the salary was alright, but not really for the area. He had to move a bit away and his wife also worked. He stopped posting here sometime during legion probably when he realized telling everyone he worked there was a mistake.

As far as I know, the perks and benefits were extremely good.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
The vast majority of their GM support staff that live and work in Austin get paid about $18-20/hr, which, tbh, isn't really shit, but it's better than waiting or most other shit jobs in Austin. Not that being a GM isn't also shit, but once upon a time their perks would seem very interesting -- getting every game for free, with a family pass that allows you to get games for direct family members. They also take them out to do shit pretty frequently.

Rime

<Donor>
15th Anniversary stuff is announced. Neat looking collector's box with a statue, pin, and some in-game stuff for $99.

Special event will include a raid event, which will award a mount and a pet.

• 1Solidarity

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I took the firing 900 people as getting rid of dead weight

Ythisens got fired from his US CM position and he seems genuinely interested at going back to Blizzard as a developer / designer position. I guess that's how it goes, cutting costs is mostly about seniority / perks, then you can hire people back at a lower position. You get the experience and the skills, minus the cost. On the other hand, I really don't understand why they'd keep Josh Allen, which is CM lead and is nowadays basically a white afro nerd wearing Blizzard merch.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Because he's a sycophant.

Yeah that was a rhetorical question, I think he evaded the sweep probably because he has mediocre salary / perks / seniority. He's just here to be the resident fanboy, having awesome hair and acting like he's up and about everything while being Ion's Q&A valet and doing everydays forum grunt work.

• 1Seriously?

xzi

Mouthbreather
I don't entirely know why everyone hates Lore, all he is doing is being the mouthpiece for the developers. He doesn't have to like or dislike what he says, he just has to say it.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
What ilvl should you be for each mythic+ level? Was able to do a +2 np but tried doing a +6 at 256 and it didn't work out. I tried asking the group about it but all of them said nothing and just left.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I assume you mean 356? If not, uh wat

I'd say you can do up to +8s in 380 if you're competent enough. After that is kind of pushing it. That's what I did before I started raiding with my friends guild at least. 400 seems to be most peoples base for 10s and up, but I haven't pugged m+ in quite a while.

That said, I think everything can do up to 15s in 400 gear no problems whatsoever. More gear always helps though of course.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
What ilvl should you be for each mythic+ level? Was able to do a +2 np but tried doing a +6 at 256 and it didn't work out. I tried asking the group about it but all of them said nothing and just left.

Xzi's ilevel level range seems about right. I doubt people define M+ key levels vs ilevel much more than that. At 356, in a pug, you will probably be getting flak at +4, unless you dont say anything and are a 90%+ parcer/player. Heals may have a slightly easier time with lower ilevel (outside of full DPS carry slot), if the tank is over geared (or a DK), which many are.

If I had to PuG it, to gear up, I would run all of the Mythic 0s for 370s first, after getting 350+. If Battle for Darkshore is up, you can also spam it for 370s, or maybe do LFR, but they are both terribly tedious after 1 or 2 times.

Rime

<Donor>
And remember to make sure to do the BFA Dungeon Weekly quest this week. I think it is 4 or 5 mythic dungeons (even +0s count) and you get a piece of Heroic BfD gear.