World of Warcraft: Current Year

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Logged in to my Horde toon to get the mount for completing both stories. Man I forgot how shitty the layout of the Horde city is. It was obviously designed by some interns kid.

I love that Booze is talking about the difficulty of the raids after doing LFR once. I've pugged some normals and heroics on alts. They are difficult for a good chunk of the player base. BoD especially as there is a lot of personal responsibility which makes it much more difficult to carry people through unless you massively over gear it.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The Horde city was obviously designed as a raid area first and a functioning city second.
The raid is fun but the lay out, at least for Alliance, is also awful. The bosses are great but the respawning trash you have to reclear if you stop for the night on Grong or Opulence is stupid. The respawn for Grong is like 3 minutes away for Alliance. The number of times after killing Opulence or King I have seen people go the wrong way is really high.

Molten Core Raider
The horde city pisses me off every time I have to fly down to the docks, then up to the inn to run over to the trade skills masters, then run back up to the inn, then fly back down to the docks... You can get an item that puts the mission table up at the top inn, but you cant recruit troops from there, so you have to go to the docks for that. You can use the bottom inn, but the bank is less convenient, and the tradeskill/item smasher bullshit is still less than convenient to get to. Its almost like the devs were like.. you know what? fuck you guys, we hate you for making us keep working, suck a dick and spend 20 minutes running around this god forsaken shit-hole of a city. I feel so immersed.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
If anything I'd say normal serves no purpose. It's essentially lfr but with an actual formed team. At least heroic isn't always faceroll for most people and more traditionally raid style. If you really want to argue it,.mythic should be the only difficulty

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Logged in to my Horde toon to get the mount for completing both stories. Man I forgot how shitty the layout of the Horde city is. It was obviously designed by some interns kid.

I love that Booze is talking about the difficulty of the raids after doing LFR once. I've pugged some normals and heroics on alts. They are difficult for a good chunk of the player base. BoD especially as there is a lot of personal responsibility which makes it much more difficult to carry people through unless you massively over gear it.

Yes Fyff the extent of my raiding experience in the last 14 years is doing LFR once. 🙄

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
The horde city pisses me off every time I have to fly down to the docks, then up to the inn to run over to the trade skills masters, then run back up to the inn, then fly back down to the docks... You can get an item that puts the mission table up at the top inn, but you cant recruit troops from there, so you have to go to the docks for that. You can use the bottom inn, but the bank is less convenient, and the tradeskill/item smasher bullshit is still less than convenient to get to. Its almost like the devs were like.. you know what? fuck you guys, we hate you for making us keep working, suck a dick and spend 20 minutes running around this god forsaken shit-hole of a city. I feel so immersed.

Put the scrapper in the stand by the docks where the honorbound medal vendor is. Swap the places of tradeskill trainers and vendors with all the useless flavor vendors on the tier between the Inn and the Docks. Put a banker down there somewhere.

City design sure is hard, guys.

xzi

Mouthbreather
The Horde city was obviously designed as a raid area first and a functioning city second.

Which is super obvious, but now that I'm thinking about it, after their city was under siege they could have kinda.. fixed it up a bit.

It won't matter with flying but it's just weird.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
To be fair Borallus has a terrible design as well, they just gave up on it and shoved everything you would expect to see in a city on the docks and called it a day. The rest of the city is pretty freaking huge and largely wasted.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Laedrun

Molten Core Raider
it helps to do the "get hek'd" achievement, then jani gives you a quest to become her main follower. you loose the paku totems or gonk speed totems but get to use trash piles as scrappers, and theres one by the dabloon vendor on the docks. =p

Serpens

<Silver Donator>
To be fair Borallus has a terrible design as well, they just gave up on it and shoved everything you would expect to see in a city on the docks and called it a day. The rest of the city is pretty freaking huge and largely wasted.
It's a good example of the numerous terrain, or get around puzzles in the game. Can't wait for flying.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think Boralus is supposed to be under some sort of turmoil. That's why you see places like Hook Point where it's all agro mobs. There are actual vendors and stuff scattered around the city. If you want to complete the achievements for pets and drinking alcohol and such you have to go out if your way.

From a game play standpoint Boralus isn't the worst designed city ever. I feel like they hit the perfect city with Dalaran and it will be hard to top the circle with everything in a 1 minute run loop but anything is better then that Horde PoS.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Dalaran is perfection. When I first stepped into it I knew it was going to be hard to ever top and I was right. Hell they ended up re-using it in Legion because it is so damn perfect from a gameplay standpoint.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Hopefully we get to use it again after the Old Gods fuck up the surface world.

Either that or Ulduar hub city for underground expansion.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
So why would anyone ever do LFR when easy heroics give better gear?

Am I missing something other than just to see the raid?

Rime

<Donor>
I have known several people who would not even do heroic dungeons, as they did not like the 'pressure'. They enjoyed LFR. So there certainly is an audience for it.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Blizzard just posted a recruitment ad out for hiring...... 3 months after firing 900 people.

It's an old video they made but not sure about reuploading it lol