World of Warcraft: Current Year

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I always hated the different levels in raiding... "Oh cool Ragnaros normal mode!". "Oh look surprise Ragnaros again in Heroic". Just always bored me, you're ultimately still killing the same shit you did earlier in the week this time just with more hit points and some overwhelming aoe. It's an integrity issue, it's always weird to kill the same boss with different difficulty levels. I get why they do it, but in a perfect world one can dream. And yes luckily original Ragnaros didn't have a Heroic level.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I tried out flex because, hey, you can kick fails right? So 3 wipes to spoils (timer) and I'm like yeah, we should really stop blaming tanks and start kicking the underperforming dps. Only the lowest dps was the 60k dps faggot who was leading the raid and blaming everyone else while doing half the damage he should be doing with his gear.

I got 4 bosses done in 5 hours of Flex.
I would not be shocked at all if he had ilvl requirements of above his when he was forming the raid either...

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Flex isnt that bad ~ Just go over what to look for on every boss and it cuts the issues with Flex Pugs in half. A lot of the time, people think they know a boss, but they dont. Its annoying as shit asking people to /msg you if they dont know the fight that well and never getting a tell, only to watch someone stand in a puddle of shit and die. If you want to "wing it", fine. But at least pay the fuck attention to what you're standing in. No one should die on the first boss of SoO in any difficulty.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I personally find heroic rather dumb since they dont really include any "new" items on the table, just more stats. If they gave more incentive other than peen swaying rights it would be cool. Like an item only available on said mob on heroic mob with a very unique graphic or something. The way it is now is kind of lame but im sure blizz will milk it since not enough that care will voice opinions and if they did the masses would quickly post in opposition.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Most of the heroics have enough new gimmicks to make them into a new fight at least. But now we have flex/normal (soon to be normal/heroic) which really is just the same fight with +harder, and that's lame.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Hey, my heroic gear is Red, XXEXX. Plebs are forced to wear non-red, inferior versions of the same gear.

Red is for leaders!

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I have a noob question about Flex Raids. I just started back playing a couple of weeks ago and I'm up to 516 ilvl and have cleared all of SoO in LFR.

What's the barrier to moving up to Flex Raids? I'm assuming you need a certain ilvl or do you simply find a pre-made on your server or...? How do I move up from the LFR?

My current guild runs heroic SoO, so I'm on my own for now.

Zefah

<Gold Donor>
Any of you guys in cool casual guilds? I'm thinking about subbing again, starting a new character (Human), and playing super casually, but I'd love to have some people to play and chat with.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I have a noob question about Flex Raids. I just started back playing a couple of weeks ago and I'm up to 516 ilvl and have cleared all of SoO in LFR.

What's the barrier to moving up to Flex Raids? I'm assuming you need a certain ilvl or do you simply find a pre-made on your server or...? How do I move up from the LFR?

My current guild runs heroic SoO, so I'm on my own for now.
When I made my own Flex raids, I typically went up by 5-10 points each tier. 510 for 1, 515 for 2, 525 for 3, 535 for flex 4. ~ Honestly, its much easier to make your own flex group if you're a DPS (Especially a Melee DPS) than it is to look for a group doing it. Its just so often that youll run into asshats asking for iLvLs that are well above where they need to be to do well. Asking for anything higher than 535 for Flex 4 is just downright asinine.

I personally find heroic rather dumb since they dont really include any "new" items on the table, just more stats. If they gave more incentive other than peen swaying rights it would be cool. Like an item only available on said mob on heroic mob with a very unique graphic or something. The way it is now is kind of lame but im sure blizz will milk it since not enough that care will voice opinions and if they did the masses would quickly post in opposition.
HC Garrosh drops the Iron Juggernaut mount, if that isn't a unique graphic then I don't know

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Anyone know how much a normal garrosh kill goes for? Would like to pick up that cool mount before WoD. On Area 52 if anyone has a guild that sells em~

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
HC Garrosh drops the Iron Juggernaut mount, if that isn't a unique graphic then I don't know
Bleh if you're playing the game to collect mounts then you're kind of on your last leg of enjoyment here. That aside yeah its the single "cool" thing i guess but i honestly could give 2 fucks about mounts.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I hit 85 over the weekend... anything I should be paying attention to or do specifically in Pandaria? I have that reddit link about what to do to get geared as soon as I hit 90, but hate missing shit that I should have been doing the entire time I was leveling
frown.png

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I hit 85 over the weekend... anything I should be paying attention to or do specifically in Pandaria? I have that reddit link about what to do to get geared as soon as I hit 90, but hate missing shit that I should have been doing the entire time I was leveling
frown.png
No reason to not push yourself into the highest zone you can.

Do the farm quests when you get to halfhill, they are decent XP and you will "need" them anyways for your farm.

Do each dungeon once they have quests inside at the door that is good xp/loot.

There is a way to level fast in a dungeon that is real grindy and boring if you wanted to do it asap but I don't think you do.

They made the leveling faster and it's pretty quick now.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What? Collecting mounts is one of the best solo things to do. But I agree with heroics. They need more unique encounters like sinestra. But not just one. Would be nice if heroic unlocked a whole new wing.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I definitely underestimated how fast leveling is, and I have been doing each dungeon once as soon as it opens/has quests I can get. I did 80-85 with no heirlooms and all I did was Hyjal, Deepholm, Stonecore once, and about 25 quests in Uldum.

What is the grindy dungeon way? I need to know this for future alts!

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I definitely underestimated how fast leveling is, and I have been doing each dungeon once as soon as it opens/has quests I can get. I did 80-85 with no heirlooms and all I did was Hyjal, Deepholm, Stonecore once, and about 25 quests in Uldum.

What is the grindy dungeon way? I need to know this for future alts!
Umm there is a dungeon with a bunch of monkeys in it. You only need to kill a certain amount and then the rest run away. More than what you need will spawn though and keep coming. So you can kite them into a big ball and then AOE them down and stunn them before they run off. You then reset the dungeon and go back in. You can find groups advertising for it in the group matching type addons.