World of Warcraft: Current Year

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Speaking of legendary quest, as a returning player is it even worth to do that quest line? I know I need tokens from the 1st tier raids for the questline and I was wondering how are the drop rates on them? Will it take forever or I can get them in a few weeks?
I think you can expect 14-16 weeks if you do all the raid bosses that drop legendary items every week. SoO drops them as well as the t13 bosses for the Sigils of Power and Wisdom.

The only 100%, non-RNG cockblock is step 3 where you have to get 3k valor before you can progress. This obviously takes a minimum of 3 weeks.

Edit: If you start this week you will almost certainly be able to enjoy it for a couple months before WoD hits.

seanc_sl

shitlord
I wish they would just make it so that once you got the cloak on one character, you could buy it from the black prince vendor in the tavern on your other characters. Cause fuck doing the quest on all of my chars.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
I enjoy playing alts...I just can't force myself to run all those thousand LFR raids needed to collect all the stupid tokens again.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
How the shit do they still not have a similar item to tome of cold weather flight? This continent is by far the most annoying to traverse over. I'm looking at you Kun Lai summit.

"We're not sure if we'll be doing this. The tome worked out well enough for Wrath of the Lich King as an experiment, but so much of the experience we spent a lot of time and effort shaping in Pandaria is negated by flying. In addition to the upcoming reputation changes for alts (when a character on the account hits Revered), we'll consider other methods of potentially speeding up the leveling process for alts, but we don't think "allow flying" is necessarily the best answer."
"We're super super proud of ourselves for the environment so we'd like to make players experience it three or four times"

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
How the shit do they still not have a similar item to tome of cold weather flight? This continent is by far the most annoying to traverse over. I'm looking at you Kun Lai summit.

"We're super super proud of ourselves for the environment so we'd like to make players experience it three or four times"
This wouldnt Rustle my Jimmies all that much if, like WOTLK, we could start on the other side of Pandaria and have different leveling content. I bet a good percentage of the players havent even really done anything in Bug Zone, much less Townlong Steppes. Doing Jade Forest over, and over, and over, and having to put up with those stupid quests over and over is just mind numbing. Actually, fuck it, Ive just gotten to the point I hate Jade Forest. Great zone, but it wears quickly on Alts.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
I tabbed out for my third character when Lorewalker Cho was doing his intro speech, walked downstairs to grab a beer, walked back upstairs, watched a Yahtzee video, tabbed back in and that motherfucker was STILL TALKING. Can't skip it either since you're rooted.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Speaking of legendary quest, as a returning player is it even worth to do that quest line? I know I need tokens from the 1st tier raids for the questline and I was wondering how are the drop rates on them? Will it take forever or I can get them in a few weeks?
I don't really play anymore, but doing the Legendary questline was probably the best part of being a casual LFR raiderman. Gives you a reason to clear shit every week, and at the end you have a crazy as fuck dps upgrade for like 2 weeks before you boredom quit again.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
I'd work on the cloak. There is no reason not to and if you are lucky it will be nerfed before you get to the harder parts.

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
I tabbed out for my third character when Lorewalker Cho was doing his intro speech, walked downstairs to grab a beer, walked back upstairs, watched a Yahtzee video, tabbed back in and that motherfucker was STILL TALKING. Can't skip it either since you're rooted.
Some of the cinematics and role play interludes need a 'Click to Skip' button. After you see/hear it once, i don't need to see/hear it on every alt.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
None of it is especially hard. It's all just infinite tedium
Yeah, I started to pursue the cloak quest after coming back to WoW a couple of weeks ago. However, I'm about halfway through it and realize that there's really no point. I'll have the cloak for 2-3 months max before the expansion comes back, when I could use that time to level another toon.

Shrug. The tedium part is super frustrating as well, since I have the time to sink into the quest, yet I'm roadblocked by artificial barriers.

For example, I'm currently stuck in LFR at 513 ilvl. I did every 528 ilvl instance yesterday and got zero drops, even after using the bonus rolls. So, I'm stuck in a dead zone for yet another week, even though I'm top 8 dps in every run with people who have 20+ ilvl on me... Blah!

Needless

Toe Sucker
I was driven to get my cloak on my main (rogue) but that ended up just burning me out.. there is nothing fun about doing raid content that you literally need absolutely nothing from as a side benefit. Fuck ToT.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Granted, im sure most of you know this... but ive met people that thought flex and normal/heroic were on the same lock out. Keep in mind that you can do SoO three times in one week. Lfr+flex+normal. Lfr you can queue for, flex is pretty easy to find a group for and so is normal.

Like others have said, there is no reason not to do the legendary quest. You dont HAVE to do ToT or any difficulty of SoO that you dont want to do. Youre going to be doing the content anyways, just have it in your quest log.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Granted, im sure most of you know this... but ive met people that thought flex and normal/heroic were on the same lock out. Keep in mind that you can do SoO three times in one week. Lfr+flex+normal. Lfr you can queue for, flex is pretty easy to find a group for and so is normal.

Like others have said, there is no reason not to do the legendary quest. You dont HAVE to do ToT or any difficulty of SoO that you dont want to do. Youre going to be doing the content anyways, just have it in your quest log.
The drop for items is shared amongst those though. So if you do Sha of Pride on LFR and get it, you won't get another from Flex or Normal. Same goes for the rest of the bosses.

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
The drop for items is shared amongst those though. So if you do Sha of Pride on LFR and get it, you won't get another from Flex or Normal. Same goes for the rest of the bosses.
This isfalse. They do not share a loot lockout. If you run LFR and run Flex, two different loot lockouts. It's the Flex in Flexible. So using your example, if you got loot on LFR Sha, you can certainly still get loot on Flex Sha and again on Normal/Heroic.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/10175200/

We plan to unlock the Flexible Raid difficulty in wings, similar to Raid Finder, but on an accelerated timetable. This new difficulty also has a separate Raid lockout from Raid Finder and Normal difficulty, allowing you to take part in all three if you so desire. You'll also be able to complete portions of your "Glory of the Orgrimmar Raider" raid meta- achievement in Flexible mode as well as in Normal or Heroic to earn cosmetic rewards such as an epic mount. This will allow Raid groups the opportunity to switch off nights between raids to complete achievements. Finally, taking part in Flexible, Normal, or Heroic difficulty will provide access to additional rewards that won't be available in Raid Finder.