World of Warcraft: Current Year

xzi

Mouthbreather
I've not set up any groups since bfa launched, which is probably most of it. lol. I might just set a day aside and do it

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
While we were posting this I snagged a Reins of a Tamed Bloodfeaster for 50k and relisted it for 100k

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I dont want to sub unless Im fully prepared to play classic. I dont want my smidgin of money to be seen as a boost to BFA.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I just spent literally 4 hours ganking levelers in STV on my feral with a friend who is also feral.

feels good to be a complete fucking dick because one guy sheeped me earlier today and I was mad about it

Tactician

Ancient
On thing I am curious about is if there will be a big change in the WoW token price once classic is released.

The only time the price for tokens has ever gone down was BFA over the first few months because they murdered so many gold faucets from legion and implemented some crazy sinks like the 5million auction house mount. Otherwise there is always a huge spike when something "new" can be bought with tokens. Destiny 2, CoD, new WoW expansion etc. Chances are good the price will spike at classic launch

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
The only time the price for tokens has ever gone down was BFA over the first few months because they murdered so many gold faucets from legion and implemented some crazy sinks like the 5million auction house mount. Otherwise there is always a huge spike when something "new" can be bought with tokens. Destiny 2, CoD, new WoW expansion etc. Chances are good the price will spike at classic launch

That is the safe assumption for sure, then again if people decide retail can suck a bag of sour doggy dicks then gold acquisition is going to plummet as well as their being less of a market to sell too. So it will be interesting. Since tokens are at like 120k a piece right now I will probably drop 3-4 million on them that way I can add another year or two if I desire and not have to worry about it.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That is the safe assumption for sure, then again if people decide retail can suck a bag of sour doggy dicks then gold acquisition is going to plummet as well as their being less of a market to sell too. So it will be interesting. Since tokens are at like 120k a piece right now I will probably drop 3-4 million on them that way I can add another year or two if I desire and not have to worry about it.

Jesus how do you make money? Do you just setup TSM groups and target specific markets you want to go after? Do you do any crafting (I would guess enchanting and alchemy are the only money makers)?

Rime

<Donor>
Tools of the Trade enchanting Tool really shocked the Enchanting market. Materials are dirt cheap, so margins on enchanting are razor thin for most servers (unless someone is cornering the market to artificially inflate it).

Alchemy is slowly springing back, but the Tools of the Trade cauldron exploit had tanked it for a while.

Herbing/Mining are the best money makers, assuming you have the time to invest.

Blacksmithing/Tailoring/Leatherworking will get a nice cost bump when the new crafted-alt items come out with 8.2.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Tools of the Trade enchanting Tool really shocked the Enchanting market. Materials are dirt cheap, so margins on enchanting are razor thin for most servers (unless someone is cornering the market to artificially inflate it).

Alchemy is slowly springing back, but the Tools of the Trade cauldron exploit had tanked it for a while.

Herbing/Mining are the best money makers, assuming you have the time to invest.

Blacksmithing/Tailoring/Leatherworking will get a nice cost bump when the new crafted-alt items come out with 8.2.

Everyone always says gathering professions are money makers and I always point out that gathering shit is for retards and chinamen, since you can just buy their shit in bulk on the cheap and craft stuff for bank without having to bot or spending 3-4 hours gathering herbs or other stupid shit.

• 1Like

Rime

<Donor>
You need money to make money or you need time to make money.

If you have money, you can turn it into more. However, if you have none, you can get that initial egg by farming Herbs/Mining relatively quickly. If you have the skills/group/etc, there are certainly faster ways (Selling M+ runs/Dungeon PL/Raids/whatever).

• 1Like

xzi

Mouthbreather
Most of the gold has gone from the economy. Mogs, old mats, etc that I used to be able to sell for 60k+ now sell for about 5k at most, 10 if I'm lucky. Shadowmourne mount used to get me about 550k and now it's around 150k, etc.

Everything has slowed down considerably unless it's potions/flasks and that's about it. Herbs/ore/enchanting mats constantly sell for an okay price. Okay enough that I'll do armor wqs to d/e. They may not sell for a lot, but they sell 100% of the time and are extremely reliable and easy to farm.

• 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
I bet taking the gold out of the game put a massive dent in token sales. I've purchased two since BFA release and I have 3 months time remaining. Once that time is up, game over for me.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
For someone who was suppose to be so good at Vanilla Swifty is stupid as shit. He doesn't understand the Whirlwind Axe quest or why it's good, he is talking about how he needs to multibox classic. It's just full on stupid for someone who people talk about as the pinnacle of Vanilla WoW.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
As someone who multiboxed for farming efficiency in retail, everything that makes multiboxing worthwhile (multi-tap, personal loot, BoA) doesn't exist in classic. The only reason I can see to multibox classic is if you're an anti-social neckbeard.

Zhro

Silver Knight of the Realm
For someone who was suppose to be so good at Vanilla Swifty is stupid as shit. He doesn't understand the Whirlwind Axe quest or why it's good, he is talking about how he needs to multibox classic. It's just full on stupid for someone who people talk about as the pinnacle of Vanilla WoW.

I think he was only pinnacle of pvp in Vanilla, other than that he just seems real cringe to me and kind of clueless about things.

xzi

Mouthbreather
iirc last time I watched Swifty he was talking about multiboxing to level up because he's 100% playing on a pvp server and doesn't want to be permanently camped while leveling. Which is probably a good move if you don't have a legion of spergs that would come to your defense if you were getting camped like some other streamers would

Khane

That philosophy falls apart when you realize leveling multiple characters with quests that don't share drops or have multi-tap completions will take far longer than having to move around to avoid getting ganked every once in a while. And you make yourself a target to the enemy faction who will be in zone chat asking for people to come kill you with them.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Not if you never leave a dungeon like some kind of weirdo.

Which is how I leveled my mage 40-late 50s anyways so it's not like it's impossible

• 1Solidarity

Khane

Can do that much more efficiently on a single character joining dungeon running groups. Multiboxing in classic really is for the anti-social more than anything else. None of the mechanics that make it profitable or efficient exist in Classic.