World of Warcraft: Current Year

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I noticed they nerfed the freebie catchup gear to 425 instead of 430, I guess even the Dev's realized giving Heroic Ilvl gear for running around looting shit off the ground was a little to absurd even for them.

xzi

Mouthbreather
meh, heroic is already easy enough it's not like it would matter too much other than filling a slot out you're unlucky on

xzi

Mouthbreather
I figured out how to export everything out of the game to bring into other 3d programs instead, including textures. It's neato, thinking of building my own mini dungeon with props etc in Unreal Engine.

Only problem is I can't get ANY of the ground geometry out of the game, it just simply doens't work I can only pull the textures. So I'd have to make my own which is kind of annoying.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
meh, heroic is already easy enough it's not like it would matter too much other than filling a slot out you're unlucky on
Since my guild took a break I have been pugging around. Heroic is hard as fuck for some people. You wouldn't believe it.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I figured out how to export everything out of the game to bring into other 3d programs instead, including textures. It's neato, thinking of building my own mini dungeon with props etc in Unreal Engine.

Only problem is I can't get ANY of the ground geometry out of the game, it just simply doens't work I can only pull the textures. So I'd have to make my own which is kind of annoying.

I would guess its because of the mapping that you can do with access to it. Though, I'm sure you can find a work around to get access to it. Although its neat, I still think you're breaking the NDA.

xzi

Mouthbreather
It falls under a grey area, along the lines of machinima tools which they generally allow. However if I for example made a dungeon in unreal engine 4 I can show it off, but I can't give that file to anybody else to play in unreal engine 4 otherwise they can consider it as redistribution.

Which is slowly what I'm doing, just out of fun really. (not the redistribution part)

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So im fucking around on live just to pass the time and shit, but so much has changed since I played last, where the fuck does one find Heirloom legs? Ive been able to purchase everything else, but legs for some reason. Is this shit hidden behind some bullshit?

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I think most all heirlooms are able to be purchased in Undercity. Although heirloom legs might be tied to the old guild levels thing if I recall now. Again the game is bloated with so many systems now it's hard to tell.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Only helms and cloaks show up for me. it might be some stupid guild achievement shit? dont know, everything I google on this subject is from like 2012. I want my last 10% exp godammnit!

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So second querstion, anyone on Arthas here horde side with their guild that unlocked that shit can invite me?

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
If you have darkmoon faire tickets I believe you can buy heirloom legs from vendor there as well and then upgrade them normally.

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
It is indeed an achievement. I believe its all tradeskills maxed, but even if you join a guild that has it you will need to raise you reputation with the guild to a certain a amount, I think Honored, to be able to purchase it.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
LOL why lock one fucking set piece behind some bullshit like that, thanks obama.

And I aint grinding for that shit, lol. Fuck that, im only here to pass some time. Figured I would roll up a warrior and fuck around tanking. BTW this game is easy mode now. With the hirlooms I have my warrior is one shotting everything in trisfall. There is not really any challenge. Last week I got a hunter leveled up to 75is or so and same thing, like 3 bow shots and everything dies, wtf did they do to this game?