World of Warcraft: Current Year

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Player housing is always better as an idea than in practice. It's not possible to give good reasons to be there other than "because I want to" without drastically changing the focus of the game, or a large portion of it.

I always wanted player housing until I played a game with it, where I'd ignore it because it was pointless.
It does provide extreme lulz at times though;

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There is a high chance 8.3 results in all of us dying.

I would love a 8.3 we all fail storyline. 9.0 is shadowlands, we have to figure out a way back to the land of the living. 10.0, we are back but a lot of time passed and the black empire took over.

What is the Black Empire?

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
What is the Black Empire?

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
I think player neighborhoods would make housing work. Your plot shares an instance with the same 50-100 people.

There are no vendors that live in your house; you all use the inn, tavern, and stores on main street, making it where you are always interacting with the same people. A goblin or gnome engineer near the inn can teleport you or shoot you out of a cannon to your front door.

If you unsub or don't log in for 30 days you effectively "moved out" of the neighborhood and your plot is open. It doesnt cost anything to be moved to another neighborhood at random(to fill in plots and keep hoods full as subs fluctuate). You could pay gold to move to a fixed community (say, with your guild).

Now add in consumables for special buffs from BBQ's, house parties, a festival in the village square, and each person can invite 4 other people to their neighborhood, you can actually have a community. It would also make a great gold sink since the whales would buy all sorts of expensive decorations to make their house look the best.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Also the fact that they literally didn't make a city in WoD, there was close to 0 reason to ever go back to org during that time.
They made an alliance and horde city and then changed their mind on the game design and abandonened them.

The horde one in frostbite springs I think is fully explorable and is a frostwolf quest hub. The alliance one one was Black Temple and they closed off all of the inside bits.

xzi

Mouthbreather
The giant ogre city that you liberate in the opening of the game was clearly meant to be the horde city, but yeah they didn't do anything with it. Probably because it was a shit layout and awful to navigate without flying which they wanted to not have.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Did they remove the ability for hunter pets to fetch loot, or am I mis-remembering that this was once a thing?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
It's still a thing, you need to complete a class hall quest in Legion to obtain the book that teaches it I believe.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Ok, strange cos I remember having it on my main, but can't find the spell in my spell book now.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
WTF is this shit.

wowpet.jpg

• 2Worf
  • 1Barf
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 3 users

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Lmao.... That onesie outfit looks like something that would be in Fortnite.

• 1Like

Dalien

Registered Hodor
It really does look like Fortnite bullshit. My 9-yo nephew spent like $100 of his mom's money on skins and emotes and other useless shit in Fortnite a couple weeks ago.

There's no doubt that Activision-Blizzard™ is chasing that money.

• 1Barf

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
It really does look like Fortnite bullshit. My 9-yo nephew spent like $100 of his mom's money on skins and emotes and other useless shit in Fortnite a couple weeks ago.

Oh hey what do you know shitty parenting destroying more good things.

Nola

Trakanon Raider

My 8 year old son asked me the also if that's a Fortnite skin.
I'm wondering why they didn't reveal Diablo 3 wings yet. I'm thinking it's either have to do something with the new WoW expansion or D4. Hopefully D4.