World of Warcraft: Current Year

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
My 8 year old son asked me the also if that's a Fortnite skin.
I'm wondering why they didn't reveal Diablo 3 wings yet. I'm thinking it's either have to do something with the new WoW expansion or D4. Hopefully D4.

More likely they just haven't made them yet

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I feel like WoWs story is so bad because it's always been bad. Like you base something on shit and you are going to get shit. It's core story from classic is so brain-numbingly weak. If you go deeper then hitting a highlight reel and maybe watching some cool explosions then I feel bad for you.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I don't think WoW's story is bad at all, it's just barely half of it is dealt with in game and the other half you find out through quests which nobody reads ever.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I feel like WoWs story is so bad because it's always been bad. Like you base something on shit and you are going to get shit. It's core story from classic is so brain-numbingly weak. If you go deeper then hitting a highlight reel and maybe watching some cool explosions then I feel bad for you.
Obviously the universe is out there but that doesnt mean the character actions and whats going on cant make some sense. When you take that twitter thread into account it becomes painfully obvious why Anduin basically doesnt care when one of his allies capital city is burned to the ground and it's citizens defiled. The logical reaction would be "toxic masculinity" and we cant have any of that!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
The Warcraft 3 to Wrath story of Arthas was pretty good.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
It would be fun if WoW classic splintered off into a different direction via subtle shift. Like if the Gilnean wall came down before Burning Crusade and the new races were Blood Elf and Worgen instead of Blood Elf and Draenei...

Anything would be more interesting than what we see in the retail non-classic at this point.

Argarth

On the verandah
It would be fun if WoW classic splintered off into a different direction via subtle shift. Like if the Gilnean wall came down before Burning Crusade and the new races were Blood Elf and Worgen instead of Blood Elf and Draenei...

Anything would be more interesting than what we see in the retail non-classic at this point.

If they forked Classic off to a different timeline/storyline or something significant like that, AND then brought back all the fantastic high quality models/artwork/transmog etc. that we have in BfA, I'd almost certainly start playing full time again. Probably better for my life and sanity that they don't then.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't think WoW's story is bad at all, it's just barely half of it is dealt with in game and the other half you find out through quests which nobody reads ever.
This is my biggest problem. A lot of major story beats are located in stuff that people playing the game may never come across. WOD was the biggest and craziest example of it. If you did not read the novel nothing in the expansion story wise made any sense.

• 2Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
This is my biggest problem. A lot of major story beats are located in stuff that people playing the game may never come across. WOD was the biggest and craziest example of it. If you did not read the novel nothing in the expansion story wise made any sense.
It made sense if you read the novel?

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Needing to read the novel to understand stuff is bullshit. In WOTLK, they put a lot of effort into flashbacks so you could know who Arthas was and why he was doing what he was doing. In BFA, I have no fucking clue who Arthas' sister is, what she's done, why Sylvannas is doing what she's doing, who what where or why anything to do with the renewed war against AvH, and a dozen other missing points in the storyline. How am I supposed to give a shit about a story I can't follow along with?

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Cybsled

Needing to read the novel to understand stuff is bullshit. In WOTLK, they put a lot of effort into flashbacks so you could know who Arthas was and why he was doing what he was doing. In BFA, I have no fucking clue who Arthas' sister is, what she's done, why Sylvannas is doing what she's doing, who what where or why anything to do with the renewed war against AvH, and a dozen other missing points in the storyline. How am I supposed to give a shit about a story I can't follow along with?

• 2Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Don't forget the conclusion to the "Missing Diplomat" quest chain about how Varian was kidnapped in vanilla was... a comic book.

Theres a novel released with each expansion and it basically contains 80% of the story for said expansion.
What I'm saying is no amount of books is going to make that expansion make sense.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Even if the story is explained in a novel, I'm just not going to do it. I shouldnt have to do it. Thats fine if they want the game and the novel to follow each other. But both products should be able to stand on their own without the other. I dont think anyone would be very happy if the reverse happened. You only finish parts of the novel if you play the game. Id throw that book in the trash within the first few chapters. Instead of running around picking up bat shit, and collecting bear asses - why are we just not questing through the GD story?

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
I don't disagree with you but also there are people on this forum are still saying the war campaign shit/story in BFA made no sense when literally all you had to do is read quests/talk to npcs or even pay attention to dialogue so even if those entire novels were in the game as anything other than a cinematic it wouldn't make any sort of a difference really