World of Warcraft: Current Year

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I assume they're bitching about BG's on principle and not on how long it actually takes. I've done it a few times now and maybe had to do one of them twice per character because the first was a loss.

In a perfect world, all classes would have level based progressive training the same way monks do (imo). Monks are essentially taught their skills, though I suppose not the perfect rotation. I guess 11 classes x 3 specs each (+1 for druids) would be a lot of expensive dev time to spare Johnny Awesome from googling "Icy Veins."

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I think it took me five to get temple done, but at least the losses were quick.

What's fun is when all of the people doing half your DPS are in the guild with the raid leader. And they are talking about how they are xx/14 heroic on their mains and this is all a joke and American Inventor this American Inventor that. That would be my blackfuse group that wiped three times on trash and never got him past 40% while a parade of tanks came and went.

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
I just dont get what people are doing for DPS in some of these raids. On my tank > Im usually 110-150k depending on solo target or AoE. When im out DPS'ing people that have the minimum ilvl for the raid, it blows my mind. I have a Mage that was 510. I lied about his ilvl and got him through all the flex's. I was constantly 3rd or 4th out of 14 people, in DPS. WoW needs to encourage people to learn proper rotations or something. Getting carried is one thing at that ilvl.. but I dont even know what you call it when you're more valuable than those with much higher ilvl's.

You guys act like the 2 Battle Ground that you have to do for PVP take weeks to do. They take maybe an hour, or two hours of your time if you're unlucky. Im 4/12 Runestones on week two. Wut >.>
You cant compare tanking dps with regular dps class this expension. Tanks just never did so much dammage and add vengeance stacks on top of that and they become literally competitive dps. A dps class can have the required ilvl but until he actually has weapons of said ilvl, his dps can remain shit. Saw it on my enh sham until i scored flex weapons. Then it just exploded.

Regarding pvp part in a pve quest, i agree with you. People just cry too much. You cant expect to roll in a bg this late in an expension and score wins without a bit of pvp gear. Its hardly demanding for the end reward.

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm
I think it took me five to get temple done, but at least the losses were quick.

What's fun is when all of the people doing half your DPS are in the guild with the raid leader. And they are talking about how they are xx/14 heroic on their mains and this is all a joke and American Inventor this American Inventor that. That would be my blackfuse group that wiped three times on trash and never got him past 40% while a parade of tanks came and went.
Sounds like my experience with my brief visit to the Illidan server. I've never been in vent with such social rejects in all of my life.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I lucked out and got both of my PVPs done in my first attempt.

Also, 8/12 in titan runestones in first week. Yeeeah.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If any of you want to message me, Ill tank for you on a Flex run thats not so... fail? I wont mind inviting you again if you can at least stand in a Malkorok puddle and pull 140k+ as a DPS. Inbox me for Battletag so I can weed out Lurkers :p

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Been pretty lucky in LFR, but 3 wipes on Paragons just now though is by far my worst run.

and no Sigil of Wisdom the for the first 3 wings of SoO... such a cold streak!

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm at ilvl 492, basically timeless with one 500+ item and a shit shit shit shit shit, yes 5 times shit, weapon (the ilvl 450 from the scenario). I did pull a 80kish dps single target and 160ish AE on a destro lock, which is probably extremely shitty (yet I was in the first 7 or 8 on the charts), but in my defense I didn't play warlock since WotLK, although the priority is a lot less retarded than in Cataclysm, where I just hit 85 and shelved the class, I still have to get used to it 100%.
I keep trying to get a LFR weapon, but I'm always unlucky. Any suggestion to get something in between? Been off the game for so long that I'm a bit lost.

Sterling

El Presidente
I'm at ilvl 492, basically timeless with one 500+ item and a shit shit shit shit shit, yes 5 times shit, weapon (the ilvl 450 from the scenario). I did pull a 80kish dps single target and 160ish AE on a destro lock, which is probably extremely shitty (yet I was in the first 7 or 8 on the charts), but in my defense I didn't play warlock since WotLK, although the priority is a lot less retarded than in Cataclysm, where I just hit 85 and shelved the class, I still have to get used to it 100%.
I keep trying to get a LFR weapon, but I'm always unlucky. Any suggestion to get something in between? Been off the game for so long that I'm a bit lost.
Can buy a bunch of Mogu Runes and run the ToT lfrs repeatedly and use the runes on the ones that drop weapons you'd be interested in. Runes are only 1k coins and a 502 weapon would be a huge upgrade for you. Aside from a chance at a weapon you might get some 502 stuff to replace your timeless isle stuff anyways.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I got in a weird normal run this weekend. I guess it was a guild doing progression but they only have three members? Other than using the super controlling tactics and overall hardass approach typical of a casual guild that thinks that's how hardcores act, they were semi-competent. Their rogue seemed to not understand that tanks need to hit first and their DK was shit dps.

Weird calling it progression when you pug in half the group or more.

I've just about finished shaman (87) and my monk hit 66. I imagine I'm done soon as I get the 5 90's nerd points. I like the shaman well enough to play him more though. Feels like old ret Pallies with a totem. Fuck holy power.

Also fuck grinding secrets on my SoO geared lock in ToT. Second cloak looks like it won't happen.

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Greivous pvp weaps.

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Every expension needs one or more quests like the legendary cloak.
Gives a reason to farm old content.

Lethality

Lord Nagafen Raider
Every expension needs one or more quests like the legendary cloak.
Gives a reason to farm old content.
I don't like that the story of Wrathion is locked behind the Legendary. I actually couldn't care less about the cloak because, let's face it, items are temporary. But experiencing the story is something that shouldn't necessarily be locked behind a raid grind when that raid grind is LFR, otherwise known as the most miserable group gaming experience ever.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
This legendary quest line drop rate is bullshit. Ran all of ToT and only got 3 secret drops. Then I still need 2 more wisdom drops for my monk. At this rate I doubt I'll get my cloak for my monk. Also I don't know which character to keep playing. I have a 90 DK and a monk both around 515 ivl each. Seems like everyone prefers either a monk or pally tank for flex raiding. Right now I'm only doing LFR but when I get better gear I want to do flex. But at the same time I love dpsing as a frost Dk rather than a windwalker monk. It just seems something missing as a dps monk. They just seems shallow to me. They're a great and fun talking class but dpsing it's meh to me.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
So what spec is topping dps for hunters these days?
Surv for any hardcore raiding and definitely AoE but MM isn't far behind if you are doing LFR level stuff, I run it and top meters every fight. I like the flow of it better but I haven't touched Surv in a while.