World of Warcraft: Current Year

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If you do the three assaults each week and lessers visions and the dailies each day, you will earn 4 keys a week. If I hadn’t burned 1 extra key to get the elite sanity restore trait on the tree in preparation for full clearing org, I would have entered the reset with 3 keys. That would put me at 6 keys after next week and I would have to burn 3 keys to not over cap. You can only sit on 7.5 keys so it’s not a big deal.

As long as you enter rank 12 week with 7.5 keys, you are fine. You would probably get more out of the keys if you waited to burn them until he absolutely had to, but meh.

Can you not sit on some of the turn ins for the assaults to let you effectively float another key or two?

Merrith

I’m not brave/crazy enough to risk the assault quest disappearing on reset.

Yeah I guess it would only work within a week...probably. Or can you hold on to caches you get as the reward? Can't remember if the coalescing visions come out of chest or not.

Rime

<Donor>
In theory, you could sit on one of the lesser invasions (It resets tuesday at 10pm est), but all of the others are daily.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah I guess it would only work within a week...probably. Or can you hold on to caches you get as the reward? Can't remember if the coalescing visions come out of chest or not.

They are independent of the chests.

Merrith

In theory, you could sit on one of the lesser invasions (It resets tuesday at 10pm est), but all of the others are daily.

Yeah it's mainly the bigger rewards of the key or the 5.5k coalescing visions you get from clearing lesser assault that you might want to "bank" by sitting on it but if resets can't really do it anyways.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
I call that the "George Lucas problem", where your subordinates will never tell you anything because you are their God, father, mother, role model, favorite celebrity and also their boss.
While this is indeed a possibility, I seriously have to doubt this happened at Blizzard. MMORPG development is a team effort, and there was loads of turnover in the development team. Even Adham left at one point in time, and the only visible developer from the outside was Ghostcrawler, who also has long since left.

What may have really happened is that Ion just outargues anyone challenging his ideas and vision with his lawyer experience and anyone is afraid to speak up only to be dragged into half an hour long debate why his ideas are great and you just don't understand them. At this point you are getting tired of these debates, because it leads to nowhere and you won't get shit done.

But part of game development is the ideas and the other half is implementation. And there seems to be a rift between the two - like someone gets the big idea sheet on what to do and half-asses the implementation detail, making the end product terrible. Look at warfronts and azerite gear - both sound awesome at first, but the actual implementation is a mess.

On the other hand I have to ask: Who here is even remotely excited for Shadowlands, except for the fact that it is "moving on from BfA".

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Daidraco

The new story and setting is always something ..."interesting". It's only when the mechanics, new itemization and class changes start to be the focus does the game either nose dive or shine. So yes, to both of options. Yes, Ill be happy that BFA is over and yes, I'm looking forward to Shadow Lands. As it stands right now, I dont want to play WoW at all. Not Classic, and definitely not BFA.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Fucker

Log Wizard
Who here is even remotely excited for Shadowlands, except for the fact that it is "moving on from BfA".

The team that pinched out bfa is pinching out sl. Sl is going to be no different than bfa is right now.

• 1Like

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
The team that pinched out bfa is pinching out sl. Sl is going to be no different than bfa is right now.
By this same logic, shouldn't BFA have been no different than Legion?
Shouldn't Legion have been no different than WoD?

Not saying it won't be crap... just that this logic doesn't hold up.

Shadowlands will be a real test to the "Good Expansion, Bad Expansion" cycle theory. Any answer sucks for Blizzard though. If Shadowlands is great then it further cements the cycle theory which will make people wary of the next expansion... If on the other hand Shadowlands sucks, then it will make it look like the game is on a never ending decline which will make people wary of the next expansion.

• 1Picard

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
By this same logic, shouldn't BFA have been no different than Legion?
Shouldn't Legion have been no different than WoD?
But BfA was more of the Ideas that made Legion innovative and fresh: world quests, zone storylines culminating into dungeon quests, leveling weapons as a secondary form of progression, grinding out reputations and then having tangible rewards for more rep grinding, minigames like the withered horde dungeon, interesting storylines and content tied to class halls.

But BfA took all of the new ideas introduced with Legion and made them ... uninteresting. Rep grinds tied hard to world quests, with reduced rep rewards, timegating them, some zones like Zuldazar having terrible navigation (unless you unlock flying), and the nerfs to dynamic cross-server grouping for world quests/rares and alt leveling.

Everything new in BfA like warfronts and island expeditions didn't work out, like, at all. Some sort of mindboggling PvP without enemy players. What was the point of that? Making PvE players hyped for the "real" PvP experience? That worked out just as well as trying to funnel players into raiding with LFR.

The worst thing of all was that the storylines were a hot mess making no sense at all, and hence the players were not interested in exploring more of it. We have a giant sword wound in the planet but it is not really mentioned or revisited anymore, instead we have Sylvanas having a bad case of PMS.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I'm only hopeful for shadowlands because they're taking the WoD route of "this game is trash lets just work on the next expac" and then Legion became one of the best expansions ever save for Legendaries. Which were fucking fantastic if you were lucky.

I don't know about you guys but it definitely feels like they've abandoned BFA by the time 8.2 rolled around. They even somehow managed to make m+ feel less enjoyable. New affix is fucking cool admittedly, but yeah.

• 1Like

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, but why are we supposed to feel hype about Shadowlands? That it's not BfA anymore?

Revamped Leveling! Like in Cataclysm? That was an expansion somewhat like an ice bucket challenge.
Infinite Dungeon! Like in FFXIV? Am I the only one to fail to see the appeal of doing the same content daily? Even in FFXIV you weren't forced into it because it used an alternative character progression system.
Choose your own covenant! Wow, choose your own faction, what a novel idea. I choose .. to be happy and play classic, waiting for a BC release.

You know what could bring me back to retail WoW? An interesting new battleground, like the teased "Defense of the Alehouse".

• 1Solidarity

xzi

Mouthbreather
yknow what the sad thing is right now too? I do think the game feels pretty good to play right now. If you get lucky and get all your preferred corruption it's probably a lot more enjoyable too.

But there's just so much accumulated over the last 2 years that for some reason makes it disheartening to play.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Well from the outside looking in since I have played 8.3 yet is all the new systems on top of systems they can't seem to get away from. New currency to grind, new legendary to grind, to reserve the effects of these new corrupted items that are crazy busted on top of ilvl which seems to be worse than titanforge, you guys are talking about these horrific visions and saving up currency to not get fucked on some sort of Withered Daily type horseshit. It just sounds fucking awful.

One of the things I really enjoy about classic is the simplicity of some of it. There is an item and there is only one version of said item "there isn't a blue hue, red hue, green hue, faggot forged corrupted pig shit version you just get the fucking item then you equip it and done. No more need to refarm it on a higher ilvl in a new season, no need to sim it 400 times. WoW suffers badly from the sheer bloat of loot and mudflation dipshits like Ion can't seem to grasp.

I can see why people would love to see something like Classic+, just basic gameplay and gearing with more advanced and complex boss fights. Don't need 10,000 bloated shit systems, currencies and aids level development ideas that were added then abandoned then readded then abandoned again.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Well from the outside looking in since I have played 8.3 yet is all the new systems on top of systems they can't seem to get away from. New currency to grind, new legendary to grind, to reserve the effects of these new corrupted items that are crazy busted on top of ilvl which seems to be worse than titanforge, you guys are talking about these horrific visions and saving up currency to not get fucked on some sort of Withered Daily type horseshit. It just sounds fucking awful.

One of the things I really enjoy about classic is the simplicity of some of it. There is an item and there is only one version of said item "there isn't a blue hue, red hue, green hue, faggot forged corrupted pig shit version you just get the fucking item then you equip it and done. No more need to refarm it on a higher ilvl in a new season, no need to sim it 400 times. WoW suffers badly from the sheer bloat of loot and mudflation dipshits like Ion can't seem to grasp.

I can see why people would love to see something like Classic+, just basic gameplay and gearing with more advanced and complex boss fights. Don't need 10,000 bloated shit systems, currencies and aids level development ideas that were added then abandoned then readded then abandoned again.

I was talking to xzi about that today. Just give us loot and bosses and shit. I don't need lasers popping out of my dick hole for one raid tier

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I was talking to xzi about that today. Just give us loot and bosses and shit. I don't need lasers popping out of my dick hole for one raid tier

Yeah seriously I just wanna go from X 100dps weapon to Y 120dps weapon. Instead of wonkey willies dildo of dick lasers that proc's randomly 2x3 times per minute and does a big bang piss attack that stacks with other raid members big bang piss attacks.

With them resetting the Characters to level 60 they might as well do a real squish down to Vanilla level numbers. Yet somehow these days you go from start of an expac 10,000 dps to end of the game expac 200,000,000 dps.

Since they are wiping the slate clean with Shadowlands then wipe it all, get rid of 20 different currencies to grind, get rid of 20 useless factions tied to dailies with worthless retards that are obsolete before you get to them. Get rid of every item adding it's own proc, laser, shield, and tramp stamp. Just good ole simple shit.

• 1Like