World of Warcraft: Current Year

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
It would be nice to be able to raid log to play BFA. But they sell an addiction, not a game.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
It would be nice to be able to raid log to play BFA. But they sell an addiction, not a game.

Addiction is the game.

MMO_Wolf_McQuaid.jpg

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Always feels good to drop by this thread every now and then and realize that I might be a piece of shit and have tons of other vices in life but at least I don't play this garbage.

• 3Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
I still love wow, and I want nothing more than to waste my entire life on it but yeah I just can't bring myself to play it either. This is the first raid tier I've ever missed. Even last tier when I said the same thing I squeezed in a kill like the very last hour before reset, this time I don't even know what the bosses drop and it's been 2 weeks.

eh

visions are good, corruption COULD BE good, but everything else is just everything else that I've been doing since wotlk. I literally only play the game for the AllTheThings addon and I can play autistic collectathons in other games too.. so whatever. Taking a break til Shadowlands at the least.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Look at how garbage the faggots at Blizzard have become.

In 2020 where everything is displayed everywhere on Internet, there's no real value anymore to not disclose to a customer you've just banned why he was banned. The whole "we won't tell you otherwise someone will be able to circumvent it next time" is plain dumb, genuine cheaters / hackers communities spend a lot of time trying to do exactly that, disclosing it won't make anything worse or prepare them better, they're already there. If it's just a ToS infraction for breaking the rules without any malignant motive, then 6 months is a lot especially if you're not going to disclose what provoked the ban / flagged your account. Nowadays a lot of computer unsavvy people use a lot of programs / app they don't understand, like VPN or third-party programs. Not telling them why there's a problem is counterproductive.

MMORPGs "Game Masters", or customer support, is modern tantalum torture; it's an entry job, you get low wage, and as soon as you get enough seniority to get a decent wage, you're in the layoff cart so the company could replace your senior ass and your decent wage to a fresh ass with low wage again in a neverending roll. Regarding Blizzard it's not uncommon nowadays to get horrible customer support because there's not enough experienced / senior / personnel to run things smoothly. I'm not saying it's only a management issue, it's also what you get when you're running an aggressive cost-cutting campaign. So you get drone GM who will absolutely not give any fuck to your problem and run you down the line because who cares, or you can also get competent GM like the guys who right now give people Heroic Warfront quest completion manually because it's still bugged ingame.

Regarding this guy, he has visibility so he's using it, for people without visibility, if you're ever in a "not telling ya" customer support situation regarding a ban, just keep opening tickets, at some point your case will get "elevated" and most of the time you'll get a GM with seniority / clearance enough so he'll be able to tell you why and how that loli nude program you run to make all your wow characters look like they're from some asian hentai anime is against the ToS.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
In 2020 where everything is displayed everywhere on Internet, there's no real value anymore to not disclose to a customer you've just banned why he was banned. The whole "we won't tell you otherwise someone will be able to circumvent it next time" is plain dumb, genuine cheaters / hackers communities spend a lot of time trying to do exactly that, disclosing it won't make anything worse or prepare them better, they're already there. If it's just a ToS infraction for breaking the rules without any malignant motive, then 6 months is a lot especially if you're not going to disclose what provoked the ban / flagged your account. Nowadays a lot of computer unsavvy people use a lot of programs / app they don't understand, like VPN or third-party programs. Not telling them why there's a problem is counterproductive.

MMORPGs "Game Masters", or customer support, is modern tantalum torture; it's an entry job, you get low wage, and as soon as you get enough seniority to get a decent wage, you're in the layoff cart so the company could replace your senior ass and your decent wage to a fresh ass with low wage again in a neverending roll. Regarding Blizzard it's not uncommon nowadays to get horrible customer support because there's not enough experienced / senior / personnel to run things smoothly. I'm not saying it's only a management issue, it's also what you get when you're running an aggressive cost-cutting campaign. So you get drone GM who will absolutely not give any fuck to your problem and run you down the line because who cares, or you can also get competent GM like the guys who right now give people Heroic Warfront quest completion manually because it's still bugged ingame.

Regarding this guy, he has visibility so he's using it, for people without visibility, if you're ever in a "not telling ya" customer support situation regarding a ban, just keep opening tickets, at some point your case will get "elevated" and most of the time you'll get a GM with seniority / clearance enough so he'll be able to tell you why and how that loli nude program you run to make all your wow characters look like they're from some asian hentai anime is against the ToS.

I mean this is all true and known but it is really sad to see how far Blizzard has decayed over the years, between piss poor customer support, to piss poor products, hell look at the Warcraft 3 thread here as an example. In the case above that Linus guy's youtube channel is massively popular, not saying that they deserve special treatment but just from PR optics here is an example of one GM taking a few seconds to generate a positive spin on a story that just shits on the whole company.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I mean this is all true and known but it is really sad to see how far Blizzard has decayed over the years, between piss poor customer support, to piss poor products, hell look at the Warcraft 3 thread here as an example. In the case above that Linus guy's youtube channel is massively popular, not saying that they deserve special treatment but just from PR optics here is an example of one GM taking a few seconds to generate a positive spin on a story that just shits on the whole company.

How about the fact that they can't even take 10 seconds to google something about their own game that has been available information for 15 years? That's a start.

qUI1NDc.png

• 4Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 4 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I miss the days when monthly subs were legitimized by providing services like customer support, and not just an access fee with shitty support being something they toss to you as scraps

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
I miss the days when monthly subs were legitimized by providing services like customer support, and not just an access fee with shitty support being something they toss to you as scraps
I mean, servers aren't free to run..

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
How about the fact that they can't even take 10 seconds to google something about their own game that has been available information for 15 years? That's a start.

qUI1NDc.png
The sad part is they eliminated so many CS jobs. They're probably outsourcing now too. I mean I don't keep up with it, so I don't know if they've said that or not but I just assume so.

I remember GMs in EQ2 coming out and spawning random bosses and community events and shit. EQ2. FUCKIN EQ2 had better GMs than this game. EQ2 OF ALL GAMES.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
They even outsource things like music now. I wouldn't be surprised if they outsource a lot of art as well, and that's like the main quality element that Blizzard is renowned for.

The whole thing is like watching Betsy - the wholesome cute neighbour you grew up with - turn out to be a crack whore turning tricks for for a hit.

xzi

Mouthbreather
The sad part is they eliminated so many CS jobs. They're probably outsourcing now too.

Not that I know about, but they are re-posting jobs for the same people they fired 6 months ago with lesser pay and more responsibilities.

Which isn't out of the ordinary for businesses, but while everyone is pissed off at blizzard it's worth to point out.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Not that I know about, but they are re-posting jobs for the same people they fired 6 months ago with lesser pay and more responsibilities.

Which isn't out of the ordinary for businesses, but while everyone is pissed off at blizzard it's worth to point out.

Shit they can hardly pay them any less. Plus how hard is it to tell customers to go fuck themselves really.