World of Warcraft: Current Year

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
What!

You cut off the punch line! You monster!

So what, on retail you've got essences plus corruption mechanics to dissuade making and playing alts when people really like making and playing alts? Are alts just casual things and casual things are bad so fuck them?

Fucker

Log Wizard
Well yeah, it's dumb. I mean I like flying but they designed themselves into a corner here. Just remove it

Or just grow a pair of balls for once and give it as a reward for completing the story line for the new zones. Exploring a zone once is fun. Running all over hell's half acre doing WQ's or dailies is pure tedium.

Knowing the current team, they'll introduce corrupted flying. If your mounts don't have the legendary saddle that counteracts corruption, then your mount flies slower and slower until it is 1/16th the speed of walking.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Well it isn't like they could make the system WORSE than corruption right? Could they make the game even less friendly for alts? Hrmmmmm?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Well it isn't like they could make the system WORSE than corruption right? Could they make the game even less friendly for alts? Hrmmmmm?

And somewhere Ion and "the team" just said "Challenge Accepted"

• 1Solidarity

Leon

<Silver Donator>
What!

You cut off the punch line! You monster!

So what, on retail you've got essences plus corruption mechanics to dissuade making and playing alts when people really like making and playing alts? Are alts just casual things and casual things are bad so fuck them?

To make it hard as fuck to swap mains or keep several alts raid ready, again the goal being to fuck end game guilds in their 'race'

Funnily enough, dudes playing for a living will still maintain a stable of alts raid ready up to date with all the shitty grindy mechanics whereas everyone else basically stops playing alts cause they fucking suck to catch up with.

So fuck you plebs how dare you not play this game 15 hours a day to catch your alts up to all their grindy ass chores?

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Take flying away for an expansion (the whistle works fine) and then bring it back the expansion after with it properly incorporated from the ground floor.

Basically you switch to New Coke and then Coke Classic.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
To make it hard as fuck to swap mains or keep several alts raid ready, again the goal being to fuck end game guilds in their 'race'

Funnily enough, dudes playing for a living will still maintain a stable of alts raid ready up to date with all the shitty grindy mechanics whereas everyone else basically stops playing alts cause they fucking suck to catch up with.

"To make it more difficult for the best couple hundred people on the planet to do splits" is so fucking retarded I'm afraid it's true. It alts are really easy people will use them for all kinds of things and that's bad because reasons!

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Nailed it!

They have been so adamant not changing the essence system for alts it's fucking mind boggling. Truely the stupidest serie of decisions of any expansion in the history of MMOs since forever.

I'm sure right before the shadowlands pre-patch comes they will open up ways to catch up easily, by then no one will give a fuck cause all that shit will be obsolete.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Nailed it!

They have been so adamant not changing the essence system for alts it's fucking mind boggling. Truely the stupidest serie of decisions of any expansion in the history of MMOs since forever.

I'm sure right before the shadowlands pre-patch comes they will open up ways to catch up easily, by then no one will give a fuck cause all that shit will be obsolete.

Yep it's like the final shit cherry on top of the fuck you Sunday.

Legion we know it has been fucking aids for people that didn't get the class defining legendary you needed so here in the last patch when nothing matters anymore is a token system and you can buy them. We did this just as a reminder we could of done it since the beginning but fuck you.

Accountwide essences are not going to happen. Oh well since Shadowlands is out in three weeks we made them account wide just to prove we have the highest level of disdain for our playerbase.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Nailed it!

Gates of Discord was a superior expansion to 8.3... My god.

• 1Worf

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Fwiw, not sure why you'd leave an upgrade ilevel wise in your bag just because of corruption. Can cleanse the corruption off items for basically nothing.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
A fucked up part of my brain is whispering to me to play four druids in shadowlands. Four specs, four covenants, it just makes sense!

• 2Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
Really solid video honestly, it's rare that they talk about raid design/their process in this type of way that doesn't really.. feel like marketing? Even talks about some of the boss design and bugs on a deeper level.

I honestly still like Ion, I feel like he's shackled by some oversight cause the dude clearly loves the game and I do feel like it shows in this video.

• 2Picard
  • 2Cringe
Reactions: 3 users

Leon

<Silver Donator>
If you like this dipshit after the clusterfuck that bfa has been because of all of his decisions, you are most definitely part of the fucking problem.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
If you like this dipshit after the clusterfuck that bfa has been because of all of his decisions, you are most definitely part of the fucking problem.

I feel like he's shackled by some oversight

bolded the important part. My sub is dying in a week and not being renewed and I don't have 4-5 accounts like several people in this thread but yeah I'M the problem.

Yes, I like when someone who was the lead encounter designer for years talking about the encounters of the game. Encounters which are the BEST the entire MMO genre has to offer and you are fully aware of it.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Ion comes off as smug and robotic in every interview he does. Particularly in the Q&A's where the questions are handpicked softballs and he still doesn't seem genuine or forthcoming even though he knows the questions ahead of time.

He doesn't seem shackled at all. It's not impossible his hands are tied and he's just beating the corporate drum but the way he carries himself and the decisions that have been made in BfA seem more like they are his to make and he's happy to make them.

I think he has as much disdain for the playerbase as the playerbase has for him.

Last edited:
  • 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users