World of Warcraft: Current Year

xzi

Mouthbreather
It would be interesting but we all know the mount will just be another reskin while they add a new store mount :Mad PC:

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
That's perfect. We can now have Looking for raid, Normal, heroic, looking for mythic, normal mythic, heroic mythic, and mythic mythic. And then for the 0.1% of the 0.1% of the 0.1% we can introduce Mythic Mythic+ with keystones that deplete if you wipe to a boss once. Only obtainable from Mythic Mythic difficulty. Once per week.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
That's perfect. We can now have Looking for raid, Normal, heroic, looking for mythic, normal mythic, heroic mythic, and mythic mythic. And then for the 0.1% of the 0.1% of the 0.1% we can introduce Mythic Mythic+ with keystones that deplete if you wipe to a boss once. Only obtainable from Mythic Mythic difficulty. Once per week.

There's probably some room to blend Normal and LFR together and then Heroic and Mythic together to just have Normal, Mythic, and Competition.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
I would kill for 10 man mythic. This is why I enjoyed MOP the way I did. Cleared it all with a small group of people.

Fuck 20 man raids, the upkeep on that large of a guild fucking sucks.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
There's probably some room to blend Normal and LFR together and then Heroic and Mythic together to just have Normal, Mythic, and Competition.
I think the general consensus outside of mouthbreathers is just delete LFR and normal, make heroic the defacto difficulty for every-day raiders and then leave mythic for the guys seeking the challenge.

Id be in favor of only having a mythic difficulty.

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
Hearing about what Limit and Method were doing leading up to it (yet again) just makes me less likely to ever re-sub. I'm still on the fence about even purchasing Shadowlands. I have no faith in Ion and "the team" to make a fun game and I really, really don't give a shit about raiding anymore. The current state of Mythic has sucked all the fun out of it and raiding Heroic is entirely pointless since I can just do Mythic+ instead.
There's been two expansions with daily required wizard chores. So I'm not seeing that change now.

Also they consider world quests to be a "success"

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I would sorta like them to rework their difficulty scale or otherwise introduce a tier above mythic that was the competition tier. People feel like the game is too often balanced (at least at the start of a content cycle) around the top 0.01% of players. To alleviate that and the "you beat it after it was nerfed" comments that always show up as a tier progresses there could just instead be a competitive difficulty. The bosses drop no loot with the only prize being an achievement, a title and a mount for completion. The content is fixed if bugged but never has its difficulty lowered through changes. Once a set number of guilds worldwide beat it than it becomes unavailable. You're either in the world first race or your not. The guilds not in the race do not have their play experience impacted by it in any way.

A tournament realm for the world first race would be beneficial to the rest of the playerbase.

And to echo the 10 man raid size. That was the best version of raiding in any game I've ever played. It was the perfect size. Enough people to feel like a raid, not so many people that half the raid is being carried by the other half and you have to deal with cliques and other horseshit that comes with trying to herd larger groups of people to a common goal.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
There's been two expansions with daily required wizard chores. So I'm not seeing that change now.

Also they consider world quests to be a "success"

There have been way more than 2 expansions with daily required wizard chores. World Quests just gave you more options in your dailies and less travel time. World Quests admittedly are a better version of dailies, but they are still dailies and dailies will always suck, no matter what dress you put on them.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

xzi

Mouthbreather

Visualized

EQxGhdr.png

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 4 users

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't think you can say Ion's direction only caters to top mythic raiders nowadays. Limit / Method put a lot of time and dedication to the "normal" patch progression (islands grind to 80 neck, craft BiS). The two things they did competition wise was raid splits to circumvent personal loot (hardly a decision factoring top mythic raiders) and alts gearing, the latter in my opinion being a class stacking opportunity which wasn't quite mandatory for the last world first races as we now know it.

Regarding raiding difficulty, nowdays there's "content for everyone". LFR is basically a raiding tutorial, Normal is "what happens when tutorial is over", Heroic is standard and Mythic is competitive. I don't think it takes them a lot of time setting different modes since most of them below Mythic is just a damage taken factor, where you can ignore anything because it won't kill you. You can of course blend both LFR / Normal together, but there will always be someone finding it "too difficult", which is a no-go for Blizzard nowadays.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The two things they did competition wise was raid splits to circumvent personal loot (hardly a decision factoring top mythic raiders) and alts gearing, the latter in my opinion being a class stacking opportunity which wasn't quite mandatory for the last world first races as we now know it.

The GM of Limit tweeted that they blew 250,000,000 gold in their search of a world first. That's an incredible barrier.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The GM of Limit tweeted that they blew 250,000,000 gold in their search of a world first. That's an incredible barrier.

250m golds on a 20+ player roster isn't telling anything: Draenor garrisons, Legion and BFA boosting inflation really made people loaded as fuck if one goes into daily goldfarm. Of course 250m is a lot, but regarding 8.3 it was mostly about buying BoEs, some of them (EU) having their value inflated by "brokers" leveling the price between Method and Pieces.

It shouldn't be regarded as a "world first fee", especially because "in debt" doesn't really mean anything. Both Limit / Method guilds need 2nd crew raid split players rather than gold sponsorship, especially when you're a profesionnal organization with sponsors and twich viewers in a game where buying gold is as mundane as selecting a character.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
It's another "you need to be this tall to ride the roller coaster" requirement to be competitive entirely outside of the raid itself and the skills to excel at it.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Being in debt does mean something to these people now though, they're borrowing gold from the Gallywix community with interest and as long as they pay them back, in the future the Gallywix community will loan them more gold. They now have basically a literal goblin bank funding their raiding.

Honestly it's one of the coolest things about the race for me is that there is a deeper economy now being formed around it. Partially because it's literally called the Gallywix community which is also lore friendly and fits the WORLD of warcraft itself as if it's just a 5th Goblin faction.

As a fellow Goblin, get me in on dat shit.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
They did admit they spent a lot of cold cash on buying tokens. Their strategy was to fire up an alt on some other server cluster buy out every BOE that existed then transfer back to their actual server.

That is complete retard shit dude.