World of Warcraft: Current Year

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
That's my point. Complaining about loot in WoW? "You've come to the wrong place..."

Levels. Complaining that you were unlucky enough to not get something for 20 weeks is one thing, but you still knew exactly what to kill for a chance at it. Shit in Vanilla when it came to the Leaf or the Eye for Hunter/Priest epics, our guild actually got 28 Eyes in a row to start. Granted all we got was druid/warlock loot otherwise, too, it seemed, and everyone argued about whether loot seeds were real (they were). But even with bad luck streaks of that nature, you still knew exactly what could drop your upgrade, and what could drop similar things.

With Corruption you have to be lucky enough for something to drop and have ANY corruption, then it needs to be one of the few really good ones, AND the proper rank to boot.

It's not the same.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The idea of effects that change the way you play has always been good. It's usually the implementation that sucks. It was probably at its best in WoTLK when it was set bonuses and you could get the set pieces in a variety of ways via tokens that had multiple classes associated with them so the items themselves didn't just rot because Druid gear keeps dropping but you only have 2 druids and they are already completely geared.

Azerite and Corrupted gear might be the worst implementation of it to date. Almost entirely because of acquisition and randomness of obtaining the effects themselves. Imagine if your different set bonuses could roll randomly from a pool of 10 effects. Only one of which is worth a damn. Hooo boy!

Shit... I feel like I just gave them a new, awful idea...

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
The idea of effects that change the way you play has always been good. It's usually the implementation that sucks. It was probably at its best in WoTLK when it was set bonuses and you could get the set pieces in a variety of ways via tokens that had multiple classes associated with them so the items themselves didn't just rot because Druid gear keeps dropping but you only have 2 druids and they are already completely geared.

Azerite and Corrupted gear might be the worst implementation of it to date. Almost entirely because of acquisition and randomness of obtaining the effects themselves. Imagine if your different set bonuses could roll randomly from a pool of 10 effects. Only one of which is worth a damn. Hooo boy!

FUCK I got another paladin piece that buffs crusader strike by 2% damage instead of the one that gave me permanent wings.. guess I'll wait to see what drops next week.

repeat for 2 years

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>

I think they could have spent more time making the Azerite traits all closer to parity and it would have been a lot better.

Even now, the corruptions are pretty close to parity aside from TD which is just insane for any cleaving and m+ is basically ALL cleaving and so are half the raid bosses.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Actual topics in one of the most popular MMORPG in 2020:

- Gear vendors
- Account-based progression
- Server / guild interaction limits
- QoL relying on community addons

Malakriss

D3 still had a team in early 2016?

I dont believe you. The Diablo team had been jerkin off at their desks for the past 5 years
The amount of time they had before moving over was determined by RNG, and no one wanted to grind at their desks for so long so most gave up after RNG screwed them.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sad part is people still defend this bullshit. I am sure our resident fanbois are typing up a retort about how corruption is amazing and how they wanna gargle Ion's ballbag.
Corruption is as stupid as legendaries.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's just also far more stupid on top of the max level of stupid that legendaries hit.
Is it? I mean, I rolled the wrong legendaries so my only recourse was to roll an alt for the first 3/4 of the expansion. At least this is just super McForging so it's always available and just luck. Both systems are dumb, people around here just forget the first 18 months of legion. Legendaries had skins donut was awesome.....

Merrith

Is it? I mean, I rolled the wrong legendaries so my only recourse was to roll an alt for the first 3/4 of the expansion. At least this is just super McForging so it's always available and just luck. Both systems are dumb, people around here just forget the first 18 months of legion. Legendaries had skins donut was awesome.....

Well are they going to change how corruption is acquired? Unless they make it far more easier to get the ones you want, or even put in a token system where you can purchase them...

Jox

Molten Core Raider
Getting a bad legendary also removed it from the pool. You could play the rest of bfa and potentially not get what you want.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Were you in such a competitive guild that you actually had to do this? I've only heard of top level guilds doing that

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Were you in such a competitive guild that you actually had to do this? I've only heard of top level guilds doing that
I didn't take that recourse, I said it was the only one available in the game. I quit WoW and played other stuff until it was fixed.

I know you played tank so it wasn't as big of a deal but for dps it was kind of a big deal.

Rime

<Donor>
Corruption system would be better with a few tweaks...

1) Make it so you can spend Mementos/Visions to re-roll the corruption on an item or to put corruption on the item. If you want to keep it time sink, then make a limit to how many times you can do it per week or double the cost each time you do it in a given week.

2) Vision items should ALWAYS roll with a Corruption. It is so stupid that they do not. There are already a limited number of times you can get gear from a Vision in a week.

...but that would make people happy, so it would never happen.

xzi

Mouthbreather
yeah, if visions guaranteed a corruption I'd be totally fine with the whole system. I'd still be mad about the RNG of which corruption you get but at least you can actually do something for them.

& since corruptions scale off ilvl it would actually matter to do mask runs as well.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I mean you already get 2 guaranteed corrupted items per week from m+ and pvp, but yes that would up the value of 3, 4 and 5 mask runs quite a bit.