World of Warcraft: Current Year

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I agree with this. I still don't have BFA flying because getting gnome rep is boring as fuck. At least with Legion you did 4 world quests a week and got it in like 2 months.

Gnome rep is probably the easiest to do super casually in that you really only have the single WQ (aside from pet battle one) each day, and it's usually super easy to complete for something like 850 rep each day. Just knock that out daily for a few weeks and you're gold. Anything extra just makes it faster.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I'm talking about right now, in this exact current state of the game. I don't know what to tell you, Naz and Mechagon rep were easy as fuck and took the exact same amount of time or even less if you actually did everything there was to offer as Legion pathfinder. Groupable content which forced respawns when more than one person is there which is no longer a thing and rep bonuses that don't go above level 109 are pretty irrelevant.

Either way I don't care, they should remove flying from the entire game so they can finally kill it.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Pretty good visual representation on the fucked server issues in BFA, lol

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Got 1/3 into Unshackled and haven't touched Mechagon just yet.

Finished the questline to get my legendary cloak and still churning through the follow on quests.

Got up to 401 ilvl from like 360.

Neck to 67 from 20.

• 1Barf

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
And thats why you get a slide show every time somebody engages a 8.3 world boss or the epic bg two main forces slap into each other.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Got 1/3 into Unshackled and haven't touched Mechagon just yet.

Finished the questline to get my legendary cloak and still churning through the follow on quests.

Got up to 401 ilvl from like 360.

Neck to 67 from 20.
The neck catchup mechanics are super aggressive you will get it up to max just doing basically anything with a character if you play.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I once caught Khane inside one of those Argus portals with his level 25 alts so for some reason that nullifies every opinion he has of the game

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Says the guy who devastated an entire guild full of fellow forum readers and literally let all of us down. Driving the minivan over a cliff and killing all his forum children.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Had to kill the minivan full of forum kids so that they'd be in the Shadowlands. 4D chess

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Actually not totally hating this catch up so far. A lot of the quests going back and forth are dumb but that’s just how it is sometimes.

Mechagon is like a Broken Isles or is that Nazjatar?

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Mechagon is relatively freeform grinding, nazj is structured progress. It was a nice attempt to please both groups

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Mechagon is an easy grind. Do the 1 WQ and the 150 parts daily available in war mode ever day and you will be revered in no time.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Actually not totally hating this catch up so far.
Having caught up a new character after not playing for 8 years I really didn't get the complaints either, until I rolled a second character and realized how much bullshit wasn't account bound.

Luckily I picked The Correct Class on only the second try.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
Pretty good visual representation on the fucked server issues in BFA, lol

This is a hypothesis BTW. And probably wrong.

PVP lags in 40v40 in Classic now as well. 40v40 pushes in AV had little lag originally. They changed something fundamental in the last 10 years to fuck everything.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm

PVP lags in 40v40 in Classic now as well. 40v40 pushes in AV had little lag originally. They changed something fundamental in the last 10 years to fuck everything.

Eh, I remember some AV lag back in the day, though was mostly during the crazy NPC spawns (which they later nerfed)

xzi

Mouthbreather

If you want my honest opinion, sometime during Legion (I want to say 7.3 launch) they changed all the server population tags so like Hyjal which was Medium-occasionally High became Full. My low pop server went from low pop to High.

This was also during my time of grinding Warlord of Draenor, and the lag was not very present in Ashran until after these server changes it became borderline unplayable with 5-10sec spell delays. Within the same week it just became fucked.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Preach's hypothesis also doesn't explain why Dazar'alor is a lag fest even with a good machine

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If I'm dabbling back into retail, what's the best map addon to show me location of all treasures/rares, etc.? Is it still TomTom?

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Next time that crazy pet encounter is available that makes leveling pets easy I am going to grind it out.

I have been wanting a strong pet base to get some of these free faction rewards and stuff but it's such an annoying thing to get into. Now I am seeing this addon out there called Rematch that will save and plan out teams so you can just import them from guides.

Going to do some research and see if there is some kind of real strong list of teams to do all the dailies in a specific expansion.