World of Warcraft: Current Year

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This is some bad bait.

Bullshit. No one is retarded enough to say "oh hey guys we had no idea your complaints where valid because we are playing an entirely different game than you!". Its merely an excuse for just ignoring their customers.

It would be nice to play something other than a paladin. But Im not gonna spent 3-4 hours doing the cloak quest, then spend hours farming visions, then spend hours farming up the necklace/essences, for every alt. It is simply a retarded mechanic and its mind boggling a company that is supposedly all about hours of engagement has completely stifled incentive to play more than 1 character.
It's not bait. As far as video game stories go it's perfectly fine. I enjoyed the alliance plot.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I wouldn't say I play it for the lore, but I do pay attention to all the lore. A lot of people don't read any of the quest texts at all and then go and say things don't make sense because a character isn't explicitly talking to you in an audio clip.

But BFA is probably the worst offender for abandoned plotlines that don't make sense or only make sense if you play the other faction. (Like the entirety of Uldir, and alliance not having a reason for being there).

I used to read quests, like you, but then I took a quest that said that the Naaru turn into mass murdering Darkstars because they get sad, to the knee.

That was in WoD...

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
A major plot of legion was helping crack addicts and crack babies get more crack....

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
So apparently they are planning on "upgrading" the mission table to auto-chess:

Why won't they just let the stupid "garrison/order hall/mission table" mini game die...
From this thread all I see is people who don't like azerite, corruptions, mission table, personal loot, warforging, item sockets, visions, etc.

You know they make this thing called WoW Classic right? You might want to be in the other thread?

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Honestly, I'd love to see them take the mission table in the direction of a minigame. If it has to be limited, then by all means - add energy. But I personally would love to see that evolve into what is basically Team Fight Tactics in League of Legends. Other games have came up with similar games, such as Heroes of Might and Magic dev crew. We have enough different factions in WoW to make it really interesting. The game itself doesnt stand on its own two feet, at least not in my opinion. But if it was tacked onto a game like WoW.. I could see it getting some love. Take it a step further - you start with your horde or alliance cards that have a few factions inside of it and add additional cards out in the world for more factions. Xzi would eat that shit up.. and I probably would too. Once you're good at the game, it's just a luck of the draw kind of thing - but if you dial in the rewards to fit the investment and adjust for the risk that you may lose to RNG - It could be Yuge.

• 1Worf

xzi

Mouthbreather
yo holy SHIT these sets coming out

This legit might make me finally level my death knight

924572.jpg

• 3Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
From this thread all I see is people who don't like azerite, corruptions, mission table, personal loot, warforging, item sockets, visions, etc.

You know they make this thing called WoW Classic right? You might want to be in the other thread?

Yes Mist. BfA sucked and classic exists. What does that have to do with Shadowlands and discussing shit systems that don't belong in MMOs?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Honestly, I'd love to see them take the mission table in the direction of a minigame. If it has to be limited, then by all means - add energy. But I personally would love to see that evolve into what is basically Team Fight Tactics in League of Legends. Other games have came up with similar games, such as Heroes of Might and Magic dev crew. We have enough different factions in WoW to make it really interesting. The game itself doesnt stand on its own two feet, at least not in my opinion. But if it was tacked onto a game like WoW.. I could see it getting some love. Take it a step further - you start with your horde or alliance cards that have a few factions inside of it and add additional cards out in the world for more factions. Xzi would eat that shit up.. and I probably would too. Once you're good at the game, it's just a luck of the draw kind of thing - but if you dial in the rewards to fit the investment and adjust for the risk that you may lose to RNG - It could be Yuge.

It already was a minigame, called the Garrison.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well that makes my decision for me
At least other than mail at least the new sets are back to form for quality after so many bland sets in bfa. Mail still is sucking the hind teat though from what we have seen so far.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Yes Mist. BfA sucked and classic exists. What does that have to do with Shadowlands and discussing shit systems that don't belong in MMOs?
If you ask this forum, nothing belongs in an MMO besides raids and extremely static loot.

Everyone plays with the exact same loot that's on the exact same spreadsheets before the patches ever come out. Any deviation from your spec's BIS list means you're garbage, etc.

• 1Like

xzi

Mouthbreather
If you ask this forum, nothing belongs in an MMO besides raids and extremely static loot.

Everyone plays with the exact same loot that's on the exact same spreadsheets before the patches ever come out. Any deviation from your spec's BIS list means you're garbage, etc.

4 stam 4 strength leather belt?

• 1Mother of God