World of Warcraft: Current Year

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Still really fucking mad about this. Farming old dungeons actually became really enjoyable, and it wasn't just because I could complete them extremely fast but because I was now trying to break my own records.

I've toyed with the idea of making a speed druid to farm real low level shit but you have to cap them at like 111 and for some reason I feel like the scaling in next expac is going to completely break them so I don't know if I waste 2 months gearing it properly. Dark Iron warrior can also get insane speeds, but again same thing.

Between portals being removed, bear tartare nerf, and glider nerf it really makes me wonder if they were buttmad that a lot of players preferred to farm old shit instead of their BfA wizard chores. Or if they saw that players were spending a lot of time in old content and decided to try to milk more "time played" from it. Also their snarky one liner responses when certain bosses were broken for months upon end i.e. "What do you guys need that boss for anyways?" (looking at you, first boss in Hellfire Citadel). I know that's fixed now but it took them like 6 months to even look at it.

Anyways, I made this pimp to farm like a year ago and he's really fucking fast: Daliron - Character - WoW

I don't remember why I stayed 110 instead of 111, I think because secondary stats are higher for Longstrider and Aggramar's. Downside being you need Mythic Argus raid carries for BiS in a lot of slots where at 111 you can use BfA crafted shit, or something like that.

We'll see if the level squish breaks it but I'm already expecting the worst.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
I don't think it's a case of people preferring older content that current, because they basically got rid of bear tartar and gliders in instanced content in prepatch, but it sure fucking feels like they did it completely to slow everyone down. I can't think of any other reason. There's not a real giant downside to stay at 110, iirc it's just that 111 is the "cutoff" for the even higher scaled damage or some shit.

kind of related, but I never really cared about them removing a bunch of portals because my paladin has almost every single item in the game that can port you somewhere + engineering wormholes, but I get why people hate it for alts for sure.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
I don't think it's a case of people preferring older content that current, because they basically got rid of bear tartar and gliders in instanced content in prepatch, but it sure fucking feels like they did it completely to slow everyone down. I can't think of any other reason. There's not a real giant downside to stay at 110, iirc it's just that 111 is the "cutoff" for the even higher scaled damage or some shit.

kind of related, but I never really cared about them removing a bunch of portals because my paladin has almost every single item in the game that can port you somewhere + engineering wormholes, but I get why people hate it for alts for sure.

Yeah, I have all the port clickies I need to get around, it was more of a fuck you to everyone who had alts parked in Pandaland (especially while leveling).

It was also they way they went about doing it, like "hey we're removing portals right now but you can have them back in 3 months with our new portal room! but not Caverns of Time." Then when people bitched about CoT being removed, the same snarky one liner responses "why would you even want to go there anyways guys??".

As far as 110 vs 111 goes, I found an old thread about it. The differences are pretty minor but a 110 does end up with better secondary stats and scaling vs. mobs in some areas. The tradeoff being that 110 is much more of a pain in the ass to gear up because of needing multiple Mythic Antorus runs. And by runs I mean carries because the 120s doing transmog runs won't take a 110 along unless you're guildmates, or paying them, etc (source: have been kicked from Antorus pugs when they noticed I was 110).

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Between portals being removed, bear tartare nerf, and glider nerf it really makes me wonder if they were buttmad that a lot of players preferred to farm old shit instead of their BfA wizard chores. Or if they saw that players were spending a lot of time in old content and decided to try to milk more "time played" from it. Also their snarky one liner responses when certain bosses were broken for months upon end i.e. "What do you guys need that boss for anyways?" (looking at you, first boss in Hellfire Citadel). I know that's fixed now but it took them like 6 months to even look at it.

Anyways, I made this pimp to farm like a year ago and he's really fucking fast: Daliron - Character - WoW

I don't remember why I stayed 110 instead of 111, I think because secondary stats are higher for Longstrider and Aggramar's. Downside being you need Mythic Argus raid carries for BiS in a lot of slots where at 111 you can use BfA crafted shit, or something like that.

We'll see if the level squish breaks it but I'm already expecting the worst.

So, on average how much move speed does that dark iron dwarf have?.... jeez

Someone linked it in Uldam and I was watching it for a few minutes. He abused eagle eye to climb way up and over some mountain to content that wasnt fully populated for .. what appeared to be a raid entrance. Then, all of a sudden he died. One of the guys in his group was a Blizzard Employee, so I'm not sure why it took so long to begin with. But a lot of the NPC's that were in that little orc type area that reminds myself and others of Mordor from LOTR, looked amazing. Too bad he had his graphics scaled way the hell down though.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
So probably planning on picking this back up again after Trials of Mana, I want to play a Maghar orc but obviously I don't have shit unlocked cause I haven't played since wotlk, from what I understand, the way to do it is to just roll whatever race/class, level to 120, grind some rep shit(which they have doubled for now until the Shadowlands events start so for a few months right?) and then it's unlocked account wide and I can make a new char with the right race, correct? Shadowlands is changing some of these restrictions but that won't happen until it actually launches right?

Thinking I'll make a druid so I don't have to look at the ugly races too much and I'll have access to healing and tanking if I want to do that.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dalien

Registered Hodor
So, on average how much move speed does that dark iron dwarf have?.... jeez

Around 160% base and pushes up to 240-250% with Sephuz and crit procs. Hopefully won't get screwed too badly by the level squish but we'll see.

edit: note to anyone doing this, all the move speed enhancing stuff goes off your highest secondary rating number, not the actual %. Which is why my guy is gemmed/enchanted for crit instead of mastery.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Maghar Orcs cannot be Druids, just FYI. Would suck to do all the rep grinding only to find out you can't even make the class you wanted. Unless you mean just make a druid to grind out the rep needed for Maghar

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Maghar Orcs cannot be Druids, just FYI. Would suck to do all the rep grinding only to find out you can't even make the class you wanted. Unless you mean just make a druid to grind out the rep needed for Maghar
Yeah I meant I'd just be making a druid to unlock the orcs and then roll whatever on orcs, probably monk first to check it out. Can't say I'm a big fan of still having class/race locks though, feel like this shit should have been removed a while ago.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Maghar is from the war campaign (you don't have to complete 100% of it anymore) and Honorbound rep, and Honorbound rep is probably the easiest out of all of them. Shit even just doing weekly islands (4 heroics, 3 mythics)) right now is worth 3000 rep. I do them for that alone.

Assaults are every 7 hours, I think right now it's 1500 rep for just the end turnin and then whatever rep for the quests themselves.

you can probably get exalted with honorbound in like 2 days if you want to go real hard.

Also if you level as druid, consider leveling resto but still using spells or cat form. You do significantly more damage as healer spec up until like Legion. I mean ltierally 2x the amount of dmg. Only if you want it to go faster ofc.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Maghar is from the war campaign (you don't have to complete 100% of it anymore) and Honorbound rep, and Honorbound rep is probably the easiest out of all of them. Shit even just doing weekly islands (4 heroics, 3 mythics)) right now is worth 3000 rep. I do them for that alone.

Assaults are every 7 hours, I think right now it's 1500 rep for just the end turnin and then whatever rep for the quests themselves.

you can probably get exalted with honorbound in like 2 days if you want to go real hard.

Also if you level as druid, consider leveling resto but still using spells or cat form. You do significantly more damage as healer spec up until like Legion. I mean ltierally 2x the amount of dmg. Only if you want it to go faster ofc.
Wait how do you do more damage as healer, that doesn't make sense? Are the resto talents somehow oriented for damage? I do definitely want to go faster(I mean killing mobs faster) just don't seem very logical but eh.

Also does preordering shadowlands give you BFA yet? I thought there was something like that with BFA preorders giving Legion, just not sure when that happens or if that happens with this expansion too.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Wait how do you do more damage as healer, that doesn't make sense? Are the resto talents somehow oriented for damage? I do definitely want to go faster(I mean killing mobs faster) just don't seem very logical but eh.

If I remember right, a while back they gave healers some sort of artificial multiplier to their damage so it wouldn't be such a slog to level them outdoors. At lower levels the scaling is off the charts and they do lots lots more than a dps spec would.

• 1Like

xzi

Mouthbreather
Correct, they wanted them to be able to actually level without swapping specs. Like I said it only works up to like Legion, maybe even wod.. but it's so much more damage it's hilarious.

Preordering doesn't give you BFA yet, the way it worked in Legion->BFA is that as soon as BFA released, your subscription now paid for vanilla through legion. It's just whatever is current content is the only expansion you have to buy

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Correct, they wanted them to be able to actually level without swapping specs. Like I said it only works up to like Legion, maybe even wod.. but it's so much more damage it's hilarious.

Preordering doesn't give you BFA yet, the way it worked in Legion->BFA is that as soon as BFA released, your subscription now paid for vanilla through legion. It's just whatever is current content is the only expansion you have to buy
Yeah I googled it and it seems it's not like Legion > BFA, have to buy BFA then buy Shadowlands. There's a pack and it seems fairly good value at the current prices, 80euros for BFA(which is 45euros atm, no sale anywhere and no real cheap keys on non shitty places), 13euros for 1month sub, 2 boosts(110 and 120) which is whatever money and Shadowlands which is 40euros(for some reason cheaper than BFA), but if I could find BFA for cheap it'd probably be better to do individual purchases, hmm. Guess I'll have to think about it.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Eh is it possible for characters to have disappeared somehow? I tried checking the various realms and servers but can't find my old Blood Elf Paladin from BC release. I remember clearly playing it with the frenchies so it wasn't on my old US account. I don't think you can transfer characters between accounts right? I can find my DK and Druid from wotlk fine and even some random shit chars like my alliance rogue alt from vanilla, but can't seem to find the blood elf paladin at all. It's not a HUGE deal mind you I'm just wondering if there's a way it got deleted somehow.

Also is there any point in playing a populated server? My characters are on the 2nd most populated EU server, but obviously since I haven't played in forever they reclaimed all my names so now I have to rename all my shit, and naming characters in wow is still fucking archaic(no space, no underscore and not even caps in the name, what the fuck, am I supposed to find a one word name that's not taken still?). Thinking it could be worth just making my new shit on a medium pop server or whatever, isn't everything more or less cross server nowadays? Maybe world quests or whatever the fuck they are would be a problem?

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The only thing a populated server matters for is if you want to mythic raid. The more people there are, the easier it is to find 20.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Best way to find a lost character if you're convinced it's on your account but you don't know which server, GMs can and will still check if you open support for it. I did it for a mage a while back but sadly it wasn't on this account (I sold my first account to a real life friend when I quit ages ago lol)

The perk to playing on a high pop server is the economy is generally very active, and competitive if you're into that but more importantly shit just sells more often. Aside from that the only reason to play on a high pop server is if you're interested in pushing mythic progress, mythic is the only thing that is server specific, until it's opened up for cross-realm but that's only after 100 guilds on horde & 100 on alliance full clear the raid so it takes MONTHS cause there's 6 alliance guilds).

tl;dr unless you intend to neckbeard the AH or neckbeard raiding then servers don't mean anything

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Alright I see, guess I need to reactivate my account to check what's on my characters and see if it's worth staying there or going to one that has a few less people.

As for the lost char I got it I think, I assumed the server list would show all the servers I had chars on, but apparently it's just a piece of shit that only displays characters after I logged on them at least once(since whenever it was wiped), I just found a 80 alliance hunter clicking a server name that sounded familiar, must have made that when I was bored, so the paladin is probably somewhere too.

Did they merge EU and US servers at some point? How do I get on the US servers? Tried logging on Americas Battle Net shit but it opened the same server list it looked like.

Last edited: