World of Warcraft: Current Year

xzi

Mouthbreather
servers were never merged, you can only join US or EU servers with a US or EU account, exception being Oceanic realms share with US

also after hours of committing genocide against the Algan race, I finally got the very last rare I needed for the nazjatar mega achievement to get this big boi (there's no groups for the rares anymore rip)

WoWScrnShot_042820_064437.jpg

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Hmm guess I don't know what happened to my US account, don't have login info anywhere and my EU account is registered to my oldest email that I still use so that one's lost, no big deal was just wondering if I remembered wrong and my paladin was US but I don't think I played US since Naxxramas.

Clicked every server and didn't find the paladin, guess I'll ask a GM. Did find a lvl 1 naked blood elf with 170g and nothing else on a random server though, not sure how that happened.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Did find a lvl 1 naked blood elf with 170g and nothing else on a random server though, not sure how that happened.

It's most likely a sign your account might have been hacked and its purpose was to farm / sell /mule gold, it got reported and the GM deleted almost everything. I could be wrong but unless there's someone else have access to your account, characters NEVER get deleted.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
It's most likely a sign your account might have been hacked and its purpose was to farm / sell /mule gold, it got reported and the GM deleted almost everything. I could be wrong but unless there's someone else have access to your account, characters NEVER get deleted.
Na it is named Mulepyros(then a bunch of characters because the name was reclaimed like all my chars). I assume I had an actual character on that server that I server transferred off, but forgot the gold on the mule. Just resubbed so I can check my high lvl and my DK still has 5k gold which doesn't seem like it'd happen if anyone hacked this shit.

Now I need to parse through these mountains of garbage and clean this shit up.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
5k gold is like 2.5 invasions. It's possible it's left there even if you got hacked.
Yeah but there's no reason to think it was hacked, yeah I don't know where my paladin is but that's probably because I don't remember what I did 12years ago, other than that everything looks untouched with a bunch of character that are higher lvl than the paladin was and all gold left. Never got an alert from someone trying to log in and I have an authenticator, and I did change passwords over the years like when I was playing hearthstone and then overwatch and I think I had to change again recently when they did some shit with Destiny so it's whatever.

Anyway made a trial character since apparently that's a thing now, checked out ret paladin, looks braindead easy to play so probably will boost that to 120, grind rep for maghar orcs and then start actually leveling properly. Spent about an hour setting up UI shit so at least that's mostly done(still some tweaks and I'll probably change shit as I play more anyway).

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Check out Prot as well while you're derping about. Lots of buttons hit lots of things. A regular pull is like five and then if you are blowing cooldowns it's just however many you can get on you.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Why aren't the servers up yet? I want to be disappointed faster.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah but there's no reason to think it was hacked, yeah I don't know where my paladin is but that's probably because I don't remember what I did 12years ago, other than that everything looks untouched with a bunch of character that are higher lvl than the paladin was and all gold left. Never got an alert from someone trying to log in and I have an authenticator, and I did change passwords over the years like when I was playing hearthstone and then overwatch and I think I had to change again recently when they did some shit with Destiny so it's whatever.

Anyway made a trial character since apparently that's a thing now, checked out ret paladin, looks braindead easy to play so probably will boost that to 120, grind rep for maghar orcs and then start actually leveling properly. Spent about an hour setting up UI shit so at least that's mostly done(still some tweaks and I'll probably change shit as I play more anyway).

What server did you go with? If you went with the FOH guild server - I'll toss some gold your way if you need it.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
With Ion going again to a live stream interview, I guess they definitely changed their communication, being more close to the communities rather than doing interviews on fansites / web magazines.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Lore
  • This is the real Jailer. What we saw at Blizzcon was a silhouette of the Jailer that wasn't final.
  • We'll learn some about the history of the Arbiter and Jailer, the rulers, and what forces shaped the Shadowlands.
  • There are parallels between the Titans that rule Azeroth and the Pantheon of death that rules the Shadowlands.
Pre-Expansion Patch
  • The current plan is to tell the story of what happened to all of the Undead after the Helm of the Lich King. Main experience will be in Northrend and Icecrown.
  • Fight the way to the center of what happened to save our world. Bolvar and Death Knights will mobilize alongside the Horde and Alliance.
  • There will be a few one time story moments, time to resolve some of the threads, such as Nathanos.
  • There will be some re-playable outdoor content to help people coming back to gear up and get ready for Shadowlands.
More Lore
  • The team is generally planning two expansions in advance. Not a super detailed plan, but a higher level plan.
  • Bwonsamdi was really loved by players, so the team is happy to incorporate him into Shadowlands.
  • The Tyrande scenario is a piece of an endgame quest line, not the introduction.
  • Tyrande will be important in Shadowlands, has a connection to Ardenweald, her story is far from over.
Shadowlands Launch
  • The window given for launch at BlizzCon was just 2020, nothing has changed there.
  • Everyone can see development moving along.
  • The team will announce an exact release date when they are confident the expansion quality will be where it needs to be.
Covenants
  • Covenant Abilities will be a gameplay choice. It's part of playing a RPG.
  • As you go through each zone, you'll get to sample each Covenant's ability and aesthetic.
  • The team is going to use all of the aspects of Covenants to create packages with no one best choice.
  • The team has heard the feedback on the cost of changing Azerite armor. It was supposed to be expensive to discourage people from doing it often.
  • Soulbinds can be used everywhere.
  • Upon joining, you'll have access to two Soulbinds that you'll know from questing. You'll unlock a third by doing your Covenant campaign questline.
  • You can swap Soulbinds when you go back to your Covenant's sanctum.
Torghast
  • The team is still tuning things. You might get one legendary item every 2-3 weeks. Probably similar to the rate you could acquire Legendary items in Legion, but not as random.
  • The team can't let you do 20 Torghast runs a day and get rewards from all of them, but they want to let players have the ability to experience Torghast whenever you want.
Leveling
  • Layering will be used as needed at launch.
  • The new Horde starting zone should be on Alpha in the next few weeks.
  • The team did the Alliance zone first so that they could fix bugs and respond to feedback before they build the Horde version.
  • The team wants leveling to be faster than it is today. Having to do 120 levels feels like an impossible barrier for new players.
  • Seven hours to level is probably too fast, but powerlevelers who are trying to do it as fast as possible are an outlier. Leveling speed hasn't been tuned on Alpha.
  • The team is still figuring out how Shadowlands flying will work for new players that are leveling through Battle for Azeroth.
  • The team is still listening to feedback on how to handle flying moving forward.
Dungeons and Raids
  • The team will continue with Seasonal Affixes, so Shadowlands Season 1 will have one. It hasn't been designed yet.
  • There might be some balance adjustments to existing affixes, or replace a couple if they have better ideas.
  • The team wants to make all of the dungeons playable on Mythic to understand what mechanics they can layer on top of them.
  • Legendary items will use the hardcore Maw set.
Customization
  • The additional customization that is being added in Shadowlands was overdue.
  • Many of the Allied Races already had more customization, so the team will come back to them at some point for more customizations.
  • Character customization will never be over, it's an ongoing project.
  • The focus is Covenant armor and sets that match the raid's team, but the team wants to return to class themed sets later in Shadowlands.
  • The team is open to more Allied Races, but there are no plans for any in Shadowlands.
  • There are no plans for blue eyes on Blood Elves.
  • You can apply any texture to any model, that doesn't mean it'll be a customization that you can get.
  • Character customizations will be on Alpha in the coming weeks, and then you'll be able to see what options are actually planned.
PvP
  • PvP vendors are back, Conquest and Honor as well.
  • No new battlegrounds planned for launch, potentially a new arena.
  • Battlegrounds can be added in patches.
  • High end PvP accomplishments demonstrate what you did on that class. There aren't plans to make PvP rewards account wide right now. The team will probably revisit this decision and see if it still makes sense and accomplishes what they want, especially with Mythic rewards being account wide.
Endgame
  • The team will announce more about endgame as the Alpha cap gets to 60.
  • There will still be world quests, no more Emissaries. Covenant calling gives you world objectives with more variety than do X world quests.
  • Epic Covenant campaign that spans multiple weeks, unlocks Soulbind, tells story of Covenant.
  • Maw and Torghast progression.
  • Level up Covenant sanctum as a longer term goal. Get Anima and Souls to power it back up.
  • The Maw will open in the Alpha in a few weeks.
  • Shadowlands will take you to the Maw as soon as the expansion starts. You'll go back in a few times while leveling, rescuing souls that are important.
  • The Maw will be a max level zone, with the Eye of the Jailer mechanic.
Controller Settings
  • There are no current plans to bring WoW to consoles.
  • The controller settings were added to help improve accessibility.
Misc
  • The team likes updating the old world, but they have to maintain a balance between improving old areas and creating new ones.
  • There are no plans to overhaul Stormwind and Orgrimmar right now.
Classic
  • The team is working on figuring out what will come next.
  • Burning Crusade is a logical option.
This article was originally published in forum thread: Shadowlands Developer Interview - Ion Hazzikostas started by chaud View original post

xzi

Mouthbreather
I wish I could go back to just being content with healing only for 14 years, this whole doing all 3 roles shit is cool in theory but I'm sick of carrying around 25+ extra pieces of gear in my bag lmao

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Torghast
  • The team is still tuning things. You might get one legendary item every 2-3 weeks. Probably similar to the rate you could acquire Legendary items in Legion, but not as random.
  • The team can't let you do 20 Torghast runs a day and get rewards from all of them, but they want to let players have the ability to experience Torghast whenever you want.

Why not Ion? Seems to work fine letting people run UBRS 20 times a day in classic.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
you're not 100% guaranteed loot in UBRS like you are in the tower though

just an opinion but gear is the complete opposite of a problem in the game right now, it's so absurd how much loot you have access to now. I'd like them to either go full blown ARPG and give you 5x more drops or make them actually useful not this weird inbetween they've got going on

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
What server did you go with? If you went with the FOH guild server - I'll toss some gold your way if you need it.

Twisting Nether EU, that's where my chars were. I figure while I could make my new chars somewhere else, having a bunch of 80s would let me save time if I ever want to level other classes to 120. Have a DK, Druid, Warrior and Hunter already, although most of them I'd probably race change if I cared about playing, fucking old models look like trash.

Cleaned up the trash in my bags/bank on DK by dropping everything on the AH and see if it sells. I have a bit of gold to get started, just not all that much by today's standard, got like 6k now that I opened my mails, which back in wotlk was a really good amount but yeah now it sucks.

Fucking great my UI settings somehow got deleted when I tried to copy them to another character and this shit doesn't have an undo command and the backups were instantly fucked too. Have to redo everything, it's great.

Last edited:

Khane

Got something right about marriage
you're not 100% guaranteed loot in UBRS like you are in the tower though

just an opinion but gear is the complete opposite of a problem in the game right now, it's so absurd how much loot you have access to now. I'd like them to either go full blown ARPG and give you 5x more drops or make them actually useful not this weird inbetween they've got going on

I would like, for the first time in a long time in WoW, to be able to choose when and how I farm. I cannot stand worrying about maximizing my efficiency by logging in every day to get my daily shot at the good stuff. If I don't want to log in Monday through Thursday I'd like to be able to go all in on Friday and Saturday to make up for lost time.

This idea "The Team" has that they have to limit the amount of times a person can do something for rewards in any given time period is nothing more than lazy development aimed at creating addiction based on FOMO. I'm done with it personally.

Torghast was really the only thing that interested me in coming back and it seems like they're going to continue with their long tradition of artificially time blocking progression. Oh well, guess Shadowlands won't be getting purchased.

• 3Like