World of Warcraft: Current Year

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I honestly stopped reading a good 98% of quest dialogue back starting in cata and going forward. I read most of the Nightborne story cause I thought crack heads were neat and I liked Legion. But most of the time I dont even care about what is going on around me. Game is basically a character progression game lobby for most everybody as far as Im aware.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Man the last 2 pages of this thread have been way more entertaining then BFA ever was.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Jox

Molten Core Raider
I don't think the stories for the expansions really count as lore. To me lore is about how the world was effected by certain things from the past and why things are what they are. In that sense, the only thing recently that qualifies would be the Suramar stuff.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I honestly stopped reading a good 98% of quest dialogue back starting in cata and going forward. I read most of the Nightborne story cause I thought crack heads were neat and I liked Legion. But most of the time I dont even care about what is going on around me. Game is basically a character progression game lobby for most everybody as far as Im aware.
Quests have text other than [Accept] and 0/X counters?

• 1Worf

deathproof17

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Reckful just killed himself. Guy had a ton of mental issues but looked like he was getting help and picking himself up. R.I.P

First player ever to hit 3k rating 117-4

Merrith

I don't think the stories for the expansions really count as lore. To me lore is about how the world was effected by certain things from the past and why things are what they are. In that sense, the only thing recently that qualifies would be the Suramar stuff.

Well if you're going to narrow lore down to that (as opposed to ongoing lore), quite a bit of many expansion stories comes down to events that happened pretty far back in the past. Black Empire and all that shit for current stuff, whatever the fuck the Titans had a hand in creating the Shadowlands for way back when for next expansion.

Again...much of that isn't written or used very well, at least for the real big picture stuff, but you can find it

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Reckful just killed himself. Guy had a ton of mental issues but looked like he was getting help and picking himself up. R.I.P

First player ever to hit 3k rating 117-4

Who? I barely remember Noodlebutt and Alkorin and Kurn. Any other names from WOW are green noise to me.

• 1Solidarity

Argarth

On the verandah
Found the timestamps useful, watched a couple of segments, and then quickly skipped through a couple of other videos.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like once again it won't be possible to fully optimize all specs of a chosen character in Shadowlands, because of the way Covenants work. For example, one Covenant might be really advantageous to a DPS spec, but not so for the healer or tank spec, and they are really hard to change. Seems like there are a few other systems involved like Soulbinds etc, but I've hardly been following.

Always feeling like your off-specs are "compromised" and/or playing Alts going to be like having a second job all over again?

Am I reading this right? If so, then hard pass, and Blizzard can go ahead and - "die on the hill of meaningful choices they built" - with my blessing.

Merrith

Seems pretty standard, everyone said they wouldn't be able to balance this just like other similar systems in the past. Shame to hear it could be THAT bad, though. Preach/Asmon make it sound like otherwise the expansion is shaping up very well but this could torpedo it for a lot.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Am I reading this right? If so, then hard pass, and Blizzard can go ahead and - "die on the hill of meaningful choices they built" - with my blessing.
This has always been a problem with Blizzard and their "meaningful choices" since TBC and the Aldor/Scryers. You get to choose, but at that point you know nothing about the ramifications and the game doesn't explain it to you except for flavor text.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
In this case, you do know though, you get to play with all of them as you level up I believe, and you only choose once you reach cap. They'll probably fix the issue after launch after they've "checked the metrics" and "heard the playerbase".

Daidraco

The game still looks like it'll be worth playing on one character with one spec. At least in the beginning, but totally invalidates switching specs, as usual, and with that - then also alts. Fan boi or not, I still like a lot of what I've seen. I have no idea how long I'll play it this time cause I'm worried about how they are going to balance Covenants. My concern stems from where they havent really changed some abilities that are obviously too strong. So we're all going to go hard core into one of these covenants for that ability and then two months into the game, they nerf it into the ground... and now you have to switch Covenants if you want that character to stay relevant. I know that's going to leave a bad taste in my mouth, so Blizzard is just asking to be kicked in the teeth again with this idea.

Streamers are f'n retarded and it showed in BFA. They complained non stop about how Blizzard sucked and the game sucked and then act all desperate when their viewership drops off like a rock. So I wouldnt be at all surprised if they at least learned that obvious fact the hard way and are pushing players to come back as hard as they can for Shadowlands. Somehow, Asmongold has launched into the top streamer and that continues to blow my mind for how goofy the guy is.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Streamers are f'n retarded and it showed in BFA. They complained non stop about how Blizzard sucked and the game sucked and then act all desperate when their viewership drops off like a rock. So I wouldnt be at all surprised if they at least learned that obvious fact the hard way and are pushing players to come back as hard as they can for Shadowlands. Somehow, Asmongold has launched into the top streamer and that continues to blow my mind for how goofy the guy is.

I'd like to know which streamers you're talking about because I don't think any WoW BFA top 100 streamers saw their "viewership drops like a rock", especially since progress races and MDI got so popular.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Hey now, this system totally encourages alts!

Of the same class!

;)

Just roll 4 druids and you're good to go. 4 specs, 4 covenants, 4 characters, makes perfect sense.

• 1Barf