World of Warcraft: Current Year

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ordered the $119.99 physical ce. You can all laugh at me now
They at least seem to be going it in a logical way this year not having to basically rebuy it fully again if you got the digital collectors edition earlier.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
They can and should make covenant choice matter for zone, minigame (party, arena, abom raising, farm), sanctum etc, all the flavor stuff basically with some minor differences on gameplay maybe, but they should make it so you don't need to change covenants because the important stuff is slotted and not determined by covenant.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think the reputation thing they are doing is kind of their place holder/catchup so if you switch covenant you get that level worth of stuff unlocked. So switching back and forth could potentially be not that bad.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
119 for CE? Wtf? Didn’t they used to be like 80?
Game price barrier is being broken this year.

Games used to cap at 69.95 for almost a decade, because "psychological barrier". First games (some 2K shit yearly sport? NBA? FIFA? Somethingsomething) have started to get to 79.95 this year, and there's already pre-orders for "get it on current console and next year on new XBOX" at 99.95. Just normal game, but available on both consoles.

(you know, the stuff that is priced exactly the same on Steam, regardless on what platform you install it, Win, OSX, Linux)

• 2WTF
Reactions: 1 users

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
My CE's of Classic through Pandaria say I have no right to judge.

I'm missing Classic, TBC, and WoTLK. I feel like I'm missing out if I dont get the ce.

Instead of buying the wotlk ce I bought the warhammer online one that year. Lmao @ me

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So they put all the systems from WoD through BfA in a bowl, mixed them up, and then served them up to us in SL.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Game price barrier is being broken this year.

Games used to cap at 69.95 for almost a decade, because "psychological barrier". First games (some 2K shit yearly sport? NBA? FIFA? Somethingsomething) have started to get to 79.95 this year, and there's already pre-orders for "get it on current console and next year on new XBOX" at 99.95. Just normal game, but available on both consoles.

(you know, the stuff that is priced exactly the same on Steam, regardless on what platform you install it, Win, OSX, Linux)

Shit I remember some old SNES games that went for $79.99 at release.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Any game costing more than $60 I pirate.

I hate to say that, but I'm in the same boat. Paying that much for a game is outrageous. Then add in the loot boxes and other cash shop shit that seems to be in every game, even single player games, and it's highway robbery. At least loot boxes have to listen to UK Gambling restrictions now.

** Even Collectors Editions are starting to get ridiculous as far as what they come with. Cyberpunk 2077 is going to be $250 for it's CE, but all the shit you get with it looks cool as hell. Not $250 kind of cool, but I would have paid $130 easy for all that.
vs
3696845-wow.jpg

Last edited:

Cybsled

Shit I remember some old SNES games that went for $79.99 at release.

The RPGs, ya. N64 games were pricey also. Shadows of the Empire was 80 if I recall.

Nothing beats Neo Geo, though. The original system, the games were like $200 per and system was like 800. I remember going to a kids bday back in the 80s and his parents got him system and a game. We were all spazzing out about it because that was so insanely expensive and we never thought we would actually know someone with the system.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
They can't just delay a game to ensure quality and polish man, what company do you think they are?
I dunno, do we really want to go back to Old Blizzard delaying games for 3+ years only to have to rebalance the shit out of them post-release anyway?

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I dunno, do we really want to go back to Old Blizzard delaying games for 3+ years only to have to rebalance the shit out of them post-release anyway?

Yes you worthless cunt. Every opinion you ever have is wrong.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Yes you worthless cunt. Every opinion you ever have is wrong.
I think this is a stupid way of thinking. They delayed Diablo 3 for how many years only to release AND THEN WE DOUBLED IT Inferno difficulty and an absolutely terrible economic system that then had to get ripped out in the first expansion and replaced with "woops now there is no economy."

D3 is a perfect example of how delaying a game forever doesn't necessarily make it better.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I'm missing Classic, TBC, and WoTLK. I feel like I'm missing out if I dont get the ce.

Instead of buying the wotlk ce I bought the warhammer online one that year. Lmao @ me
I'll sell you mine if you want them... Mint condition.