World of Warcraft: Current Year

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah I don't think calling Drustvar trash is fair. It had a cool feel to it, and the story was pretty solid throughout. Compared to somewhere like Tiragarde Sound, which felt like 4-6 different little bs stories.

KDow

Blackwing Lair Raider
If you have a lot of gold you can probably buy some benthic gear. Basically get the ilvl needed to get into mythic 0 and raid finder, then start working on unlocking WQs, lower mythic keys and normal raids. Then also go around to mechagon and naz for essences and rep and flying but this will be time-gated. Then you do the quest from wraithion for the legendary cloaks. Then you start doing the nzoth assaults and start doing horrific visions to increase the ilvl of the cloak and corruption resistance. Then you gather echoes to get the right corruptions for your gear. Then you aim to do mythic raids and m10+ keys.

TLDR: GTFO while you still can bro

Well, prior to seeing this I started by getting rep to friendly and unlocking WQs. Along the way I kind of just did questlines in the applicable zones and killed rares and found chests as I went. I thought I was doing alright. My ilvl was going up steadily, I was getting some azurite levels (like 13!) Then, I went back to Boralis (sp?) and started doing the orange ! quests. Well, a couple of hours later my azurite neck is 50, I've seen a bunch of cut scenes and have no idea what the fuck is going on, I felt more powerful for about 5 minutes and then went to Uldum and was getting my ass handed to me (least I can fly though) but completed the zone event thing (is that a daily?? If so, fuck that) and realized where I thought the order of operations as far as character progression was headed and reality are very far apart. I'm not sure if I didn't hate my job as much as I do I'd keep messing around with this, but I do so I'm going to keep playing. Probably be a while before I try to level and do the allied race quests on Horde though.

Merrith

I don't feel like this was true at all, with the exception of the Cataclysm revamped low level zones.

I know they turned Silverpine and Stonetalon into pretty good Horde stories with that revamp from what I heard. Never got around to actually going through them, though.

Araxen

Out of all the leveling zones, I still fell Duskwood was the best one. It just had the right amount of everything especially atmosphere.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

I don't feel like this was true at all, with the exception of the Cataclysm revamped low level zones.

Wut? John J Keeshan would like to have a word with you. Massacring an army of Orcs with a 50 cal = lol

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Out of all the leveling zones, I still fell Duskwood was the best one. It just had the right amount of everything especially atmosphere.

I haven't played WoW in almost 15 years, but I still remember how awesome Duskwood was. One of my favorite zones in any game I've ever played.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Suramar is legit top tier. Probably my favorite part of coming back near end of Legion was catching up and playing through that zone. Honestly all the crazy shit brother and I did duoing WQ's way undergeared in the actual city ninjaing around probably best time I had in Legion.

I couldn't wait every day to be finished with my suramar dailies and questline. Zone was just an annoyance. On top I didn't like the look of it either.

• 1Like
  • 1Seriously?
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I couldn't wait every day to be finished with my suramar dailies and questline. Zone was just an annoyance. On top I didn't like the look of it either.

Listen to this fuckin guy

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Araxen

Same, it was an annoying zone.

Edit: I started playing again(fucking shoot me), and I'm doing the save Baine quest. Horde and Alliance grouping up again. WoW lore is a fucking joke.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
It is very true in bfa. Their zone stories all focus around the looming treat in uldir so with the build up the first raid ties it all together. The alliance has three different stories non of which tie together very well then suddenly you are told to go to uldir which is barely if ever mentioned.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
The alliance has three different stories non of which tie together very well then suddenly you are told to go to uldir which is barely if ever mentioned.
To be fair there are zone end dungeons you are encouraged to visit, which was nice. But on the other hand "the big bad in the raid" just pops up out of nowhere after you managed the "local group content bad."

I think Blizzard believes their playerbase can't bring up the attention span for two storylines at once. Sadly, they may be right on that.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I think Blizzard believes their playerbase can't bring up the attention span for two storylines at once. Sadly, they may be right on that.
Nah the people in the writing department are seriously retarded. See the main writer making Sylvanas the focus and on top of that inserting himself into the game(Nathanos) to worship her.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

It is very true in bfa. Their zone stories all focus around the looming treat in uldir so with the build up the first raid ties it all together. The alliance has three different stories non of which tie together very well then suddenly you are told to go to uldir which is barely if ever mentioned.

In theory the Alliance story is that the important families or whatever that used to be balances at whatever councils they have are now absent due to "problems" which you're obviously supposed to go resolve or discover. That allowed Ashvane to have as much influence as she did.

Having not played Horde side at all that high, can't comment on their "stories", but I thought most people ranked their zones pretty low overall? Was that more aesthetic or story based?

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The main story line of Zuldazar was pretty good. Nazmir had cool parts and overall was fine. Vuldun was a complete waste of time.