World of Warcraft: Current Year

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
A lot of them were great though from what I understand. Some not so great. There is some new ones too, forgot which site had a list with the sources and a few were from Torghast anima effects rather than legion legendaries.

Some of the effects were powerful, sure, but mostly just rehashes? I guess it makes sense they wanted to move away from set gear for classes, since they couldn't come up with interesting bonuses anymore.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
I'd rather have them go back to a formula or effect people liked than completely get rid of something people liked after one expansion. So maybe in some odd sense they're leaning after 16 years. Baby steps for a small independent developer.

• 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

I'd rather have them go back to a formula or effect people liked than completely get rid of something people liked after one expansion. So maybe in some odd sense they're leaning after 16 years. Baby steps for a small independent developer.

Might need something different from "baby steps" if learning means going back to stuff from 2-4 years ago that people liked while neutering it some. Tiniest light at end of tunnel?

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Might need something different from "baby steps" if learning means going back to stuff from 2-4 years ago that people liked while neutering it some. Tiniest light at end of tunnel?

Oh I wasn't very serious at all when I said that. I mean it's better than gutting/getting rid of entirely a system people liked. Artifact weapons seemed fine, I liked the progression, the effects, etc. Blizzard insists on redoing it every time for some stupid reason or another instead of going "ok that worked, keep it, go find the next good thing to add that people like enough to keep - if people stop liking it, then we can get rid of it"

• 1Moron

Xerge

<Donor>
World of Warcraft is like that smart guy who works him self out of a job. You had some basic fucking goals to meet on a bi-yearly basis and they shit all over it with these smrt iders of regrinding to the same power level creatively over and over again.

Playing max level ff14 and ESO , then try and play WoW at end game. Holy shit did Blizz ever drop the fucking ball. The game is so bad to play now... it's really not aging well.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Araxen

I've never understood why they don't cater to alt characters more. It's the easiest way of keeping people subbed. At the very least, the last couple expansions have been very alt unfriendly. It took a ton of prodding to get them to put the rep shit in for alts this expansion.

• 3Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I've never understood why they don't cater to alt characters more. It's the easiest way of keeping people subbed. At the very least, the last couple expansions have been very alt unfriendly. It took a ton of prodding to get them to put the rep shit in for alts this expansion.

Yeah it's like they dislike people playing alts to be honest. Make rep account wide., fuck wizard chores up there stupid assholes.

• 5Like
  • 4Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Fucker

Log Wizard

Legion was fine for alts. It was the first xpac I had more than 1. I had 7 or 8. The leveling was fast, gearing was easy. WQ's were fast to do on all of them for good gold. I had piles of gold for tokens just derping around. I started buying tokens with gold the day they went live and played WoD/Legion/part of BFA before they ran out. I played them all up to BFA prepatch.

BFA trashed all that. WQ's utter pain to do even with flying. Gearing a major grind. Leveling sucked because it sucked the first time around. Gold income sucked. No special rewards for doing WQ's. At least in Legion we got a few interesting mounts. I had one max level alt and quit it the day the corrupted garbage came out, and unsubbed a few days after that. I am not going to return until the last month of SL.

The gold nerf was weird. I'm sure a lot of people bought them with gold which meant that a lot of people were paying $5 more/mo to keep us in game. Gold nerf I am sure evaporated a lot of players.

Level scaling really dumb. My main didn't feel any more powerful with 8.3 gear than at the start. Why gear up then?

Defies imagination how IH still has a job, because of BfA and SL is certainly going to be lots more of the same.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Daidraco

I think they are disillusioned by the fact that the game is 16 years old and think that the decline in player base is because of that. But just a glance at our forums and you can tell it doesnt matter how old the game is, as long as its fun. Another strike against them is that the higher ups are likely to have developed rose colored glasses about how much money they were making at one point and time. Then the shit rolls down hill - which is part of why I dont "completely" blame Ion. I have impossible goals to meet every day - someone out there may be able to accomplish those goals, but it isnt me. Knowing those types of corporations - even if they replaced me with someone that could theoretically achieve those goals, then we know that all the corporations are going to do is just move the needle even higher and restructure the pay plan once again.

I doubt we will ever see WoW get away from the ideas and concepts that make it money, whether they be from players having fun or scamming players, ever again. WoW is just one of those games that as much as some of us may want it to be the only game we play.. it's best just to leave it when you're unhappy. It'll be there when you decide to play again, and you wont have missed a thing. As others have said, max lvl ffxiv and ESO is fun up until content gaps. Neither is going to penalize you for doing so either.

• 2Solidarity

KDow

Blackwing Lair Raider
So I made it to 120 with my alliance character. Basically did all of it in the first zone I went to. Now I have no clue what to do. My first thought was try to get my Azerite levels up and find better gear but not sure the best way to do that. I had thought WQ's but I don't know if I need to complete the storylines in the zones for those to open up.

I will say that while I've never really been a lore guy, leveling through BfA I had even less of an idea of wtf was happening than usual.

Merrith

So I made it to 120 with my alliance character. Basically did all of it in the first zone I went to. Now I have no clue what to do. My first thought was try to get my Azerite levels up and find better gear but not sure the best way to do that. I had thought WQ's but I don't know if I need to complete the storylines in the zones for those to open up.

I will say that while I've never really been a lore guy, leveling through BfA I had even less of an idea of wtf was happening than usual.

Frankly Drustvar is the only alliance zone of the 3 in BFA worth a shit as far as story, etc.

• 2Solidarity

Fucker

Log Wizard

Brikker

Trump's Staff

now you unsub and uninstall

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Noice_noise

Golden Knight of the Realm

If you have a lot of gold you can probably buy some benthic gear. Basically get the ilvl needed to get into mythic 0 and raid finder, then start working on unlocking WQs, lower mythic keys and normal raids. Then also go around to mechagon and naz for essences and rep and flying but this will be time-gated. Then you do the quest from wraithion for the legendary cloaks. Then you start doing the nzoth assaults and start doing horrific visions to increase the ilvl of the cloak and corruption resistance. Then you gather echoes to get the right corruptions for your gear. Then you aim to do mythic raids and m10+ keys.

TLDR: GTFO while you still can bro

• 2Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 2 users

Araxen

TLDR: Grizzly Hills #1, He didn't rank Zuldazar as awful. It makes his tier ranking invalid.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Zuldazar as a zone is fine. Dazar'alor is complete trash as a capital city.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
What a trash tier ranking.

Bunch of generic zones at the top, with crap like vashj'ir and suramar.

Merrith

What a trash tier ranking.

Bunch of generic zones at the top, with crap like vashj'ir and suramar.

Suramar is legit top tier. Probably my favorite part of coming back near end of Legion was catching up and playing through that zone. Honestly all the crazy shit brother and I did duoing WQ's way undergeared in the actual city ninjaing around probably best time I had in Legion.

Vash I get it if some hated it, but I think he made decent points about how big it was and different compared to anything else.

As for the rest he had some weird shit, the strange human leveling zone bias putting them all in top tier was kinda bs. Redridge and Duskwood I could buy, not Elwynn Forest, though. Also Teldrassil was a pretty shitty starting zone to be honest. His TBC rankings were a little weird, Blade's Edge should have been further down. Hellfire was honestly not a great zone, either. All the rest of TBC were at least decent.

Trying to think of any others that were wildly off...no idea why he had Icecrown and Nazjatar as low as he did. I never really did most of the old classic zones after the Cata revamp, though, and skipped a ton of Panda/WoD stuff. Never did any BFA leveling as a Horde character either, little surprised everyone seemed to think they all sucked.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Suramar is definitely one of the best zones they've ever done, and Suramar City is one of the best cities in the entire game.

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 7 users