World of Warcraft: Current Year

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Yes. The idea is simple: level 1-10 in a new starter experience, then 10-50 in any single expansion or vanilla, then off to the shadowlands.

Their problem with the scaled XP was that people were doing 20-30% of an expansion, then outleveling it and moving to the next, which felt odd. Even worse if you're one of those most unusual of people - a first time player.

This way, everyone can level in WOTLK, and move straight to Shadowlands, because there's no reason to do anything else.

This is what I imagined it would be. I plan on giving it a go to see how the game is, I haven't been current in WoW for like decades.

• 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Unless they go back and specifically label main story quests and do raids and solo instances, its just not going to relay a story.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah there was a video about that not too long ago, if they really want to tell the full expansion story, they need to do a much more massive rework of stuff. Currently it's still fucked.

I did the "new player experience" on alpha, basically the new starting area into BFA(the only expansion you can play if you're new) and then some of the new stuff(but got tired of questing and moved to another game). The new starting area is pretty cool and efficient and you get a lot more items than you do in the other places(blue gear, all slots covered, bigger better bags etc). Story however is that you're some sort of new recruit going to an island to train and your boat gets wrecked and you have to rescue people, nothing special.

Anyway once you're done, you go back to SW/Org, and as soon as you arrive, the King/Warchief somehow requires you, Newb McBoots to come because they have an important message about the war. And then it starts BFA, which already doesn't make any sense. Anyway BFA starts and you do the usual stuff and start questing and oh it's war and Nzoth and all that shit, then you finish the BFA leveling basically at the apex of the war with many threats foreshadowed and... you just kinda stop, go to some fancy death shit, during which you get to see the other faction's leaders just having a chat all chummy while raging at Sylvanas again(which if you're horde 5mins ago was personally giving your orders but now is the "bad guy"?).

Whole shit is absolute garbage story-wise. It's nice to see each zone full story and get somewhat of an idea of the expansion, but you basically stop before resolving anything at all in that expansion, which is completely pointless. In BC you'd basically do war preparations against the burning legion then leave, same for Legion, in wotlk you get to Icecrown and then say peace Arthas then 5mins later you see that the Lich King wasn't Arthas anyway and who's that bald toasty guy anyway. Don't know about Pandaria or WoD but I'm sure it's the same. It's just extremely disjointed shit the way it's done, the only redeeming part compared to current leveling is you get to do more zones in an expansion so there's some consistency in design(instead of doing a bit of panda and a bit of demons and so on).

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
If they want to go this faggot shit route then just get rid of levels completely, it’s not like they give you new abilities for leveling these days, in fact they actively try not to.

Since the game scales with you leveling then even less of a reason to level, they made gear ilvl their leveling metric, just fucking increase gear each new content patch while pissing in out faces and pretend that lessons learned while we wait for our golden shower

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
MMORPG truly benefit from an intentionally vague storyline. Shit can be going on and there's stuff out there to find but you aren't the center stage for it. Why? You should just be an adventurer doing stuff adventurers do. If you do it this way it can still be very fulfilling and you don't have to deal with constant retconning for your complete retardation.

You would have Epic questlines to a degree that allow the overarching world to acknowledge your achievements and the culmination of your journey. Like the Thunderfury quest or something.

You are told that you are more important to the storyline in WOW, a MMORPG, than you are in most single-player games. Think about that for a moment.

Last edited:
  • 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
If they want to go this faggot shit route then just get rid of levels completely, it’s not like they give you new abilities for leveling these days, in fact they actively try not to.

Since the game scales with you leveling then even less of a reason to level, they made gear ilvl their leveling metric, just fucking increase gear each new content patch while pissing in out faces and pretend that lessons learned while we wait for our golden shower

Lol. If they did this then WOW would essentially be a fucking mobile game. Where your progress just resets every 90-180 days entirely.

I support this.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah there was a video about that not too long ago, if they really want to tell the full expansion story, they need to do a much more massive rework of stuff. Currently it's still fucked.

I did the "new player experience" on alpha, basically the new starting area into BFA(the only expansion you can play if you're new) and then some of the new stuff(but got tired of questing and moved to another game). The new starting area is pretty cool and efficient and you get a lot more items than you do in the other places(blue gear, all slots covered, bigger better bags etc). Story however is that you're some sort of new recruit going to an island to train and your boat gets wrecked and you have to rescue people, nothing special.

Anyway once you're done, you go back to SW/Org, and as soon as you arrive, the King/Warchief somehow requires you, Newb McBoots to come because they have an important message about the war. And then it starts BFA, which already doesn't make any sense. Anyway BFA starts and you do the usual stuff and start questing and oh it's war and Nzoth and all that shit, then you finish the BFA leveling basically at the apex of the war with many threats foreshadowed and... you just kinda stop, go to some fancy death shit, during which you get to see the other faction's leaders just having a chat all chummy while raging at Sylvanas again(which if you're horde 5mins ago was personally giving your orders but now is the "bad guy"?).

Whole shit is absolute garbage story-wise. It's nice to see each zone full story and get somewhat of an idea of the expansion, but you basically stop before resolving anything at all in that expansion, which is completely pointless. In BC you'd basically do war preparations against the burning legion then leave, same for Legion, in wotlk you get to Icecrown and then say peace Arthas then 5mins later you see that the Lich King wasn't Arthas anyway and who's that bald toasty guy anyway. Don't know about Pandaria or WoD but I'm sure it's the same. It's just extremely disjointed shit the way it's done, the only redeeming part compared to current leveling is you get to do more zones in an expansion so there's some consistency in design(instead of doing a bit of panda and a bit of demons and so on).

I know their reasoning for making completely new players do BFA first is because they wanted them to have some backstory about the most recent stuff to how we got to Shadowlands current story line...which makes sense in a way. The problem is exactly what you and others are noting in that you don't actually get to see all that story while you're going from 10-50. Obviously it's better than just one or two zones than moving on to another expansion, but you still don't get the full story and there isn't a way anyone would unless they made some form of solo scenario where you do the raids/important story bosses/moments from those expansions to fill out everything that happens.

• 1Like

Cybsled

You are told that you are more important to the storyline in WOW, a MMORPG, than you are in most single-player games. Think about that for a moment.

Except they do a shit job of it. FFXIV at least makes you feel like a badass main character with a supporting cast. WoW makes you a main character until it isn’t plot convenient.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Hello Hero.. Champion of all of Azeroth.. Destoryer of Deathwing.. Vanquisher of the Burning Legion.. Conqueror of the old gods.. Could you please go collect 84 bear asses for me, and sift through some piles of shit.

775152.jpg

73YnT4x6CVLsCqHZ3EJg3mnHzMsUZn0LqodG5x-3V9A.jpg

• 9Worf
Reactions: 8 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Not sure where to put this but.. fucking lulz

This might come off as callous but fuck em. Anyone who wants to like in a shithole like Cali and work for woke bullshit gaming and tech companies deserve to suffer.

Here is another thought, if a company isn't paying you enough to make to make it worth wild.. fucking QUIT. Or maybe contribute enough that you aren't some faceless no name peon cuck who can get shit on I bet Alex and Jeff ain't worried about affording a lunch room Quesadilla.

Blizzard are greedy faggots and Activision and Bobby Kotik have no shame in fucking people for dollars.

• 5Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 5 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
This might come off as callous but fuck em. Anyone who wants to like in a shithole like Cali and work for woke bullshit gaming and tech companies deserve to suffer.

Here is another thought, if a company isn't paying you enough to make to make it worth wild.. fucking QUIT. Or maybe contribute enough that you aren't some faceless no name peon cuck who can get shit on I bet Alex and Jeff ain't worried about affording a lunch room Quesadilla.

Blizzard are greedy faggots and Activision and Bobby Kotik have no shame in fucking people for dollars.
The people who make the worst money are the WoW QA team lol.

• 1Like

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I can understand why they are angry about that but basically that is the US company system right now. Guys at the top make stupid money guys at bottom barely can survive. Hell our "essential" workers in our society we are unwilling to even pay enough to rent a room in a lot of cities.

• 1Solidarity

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
The people who make the worst money are the WoW QA team lol.
Oh yes QA people in most of the game companies make pretty miserable money you get what you pay for I guess. If you ever yell at a GM remember that guy is probably getting paid barely over what a fast food worker makes in the most expensive living costs in the country.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I thought Blizzard was famous for especially paying their employees shit because everyone would put up with it for the chance to work at Blizzard?

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I thought Blizzard was famous for especially paying their employees shit because everyone would put up with it for the chance to work at Blizzard?

This is basically every gaming company.

• 1Truth!