World of Warcraft: Current Year

Rime

<Donor>
All armor transmog items that come from drops are ARMOR TYPE restricted, with the exception of special event/holiday transmog items (Summer garlands, bunny ears, and so on can be collected as any armor class). So your Plate character does not get Cloth/Leather/Mail drop transmogs.

Quest rewards award ALL of the transmog types that would be awarded, without regards to ARMOR TYPE restrictions.

Raid set tokens are Class Specific transmog locked (You do not get any other class transmogs when creating a token).

World drop tokens (Benthic/Black Empire/Etc) only has four sets, one for each armor type.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Quest rewards award ALL of the transmog types that would be awarded, without regards to ARMOR TYPE restrictions.
Note: Modern quest rewards are at least armor and/or class specific. E.g., if you finish a quest with a druid you get all those transmogs in the rewards. Finishing the same quest with a priest gets you another set of transmogs.

If you are remotely serious about transmogs you should install Can I Mog It?

• 1Like

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
not really directly related but Mike Morhaime has started a new company. And from the looks of it, who's who from the good old days of Blizzard is there. Self-financed, so investors or shareholders to fight.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
not really directly related but Mike Morhaime has started a new company. And from the looks of it, who's who from the good old days of Blizzard is there. Self-financed, so investors or shareholders to fight.

Jason's take on it (and also from the thread):

• 1Like

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Jason's take on it (and also from the thread):

We’ll see. The folks they highlight aren’t all from the glory days of 2000-2008 imo. There’s a lot there that came in after WoW and D3 shit the bed and were making games like Hearthstone and HotS.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
The original Activision team were goddamn rockstars. They (and to a lesser degree iMagic) forced the issue of 3rd party software development for gaming systems and set the stage for true competition in the marketplace.

• 2Like

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm

So their first game will be out in 10 years or so.

• 1Solidarity

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
We’ll see. The folks they highlight aren’t all from the glory days of 2000-2008 imo. There’s a lot there that came in after WoW and D3 shit the bed and were making games like Hearthstone and HotS.

Yeah pretty much everyone whos resume highlights are Hearthstone, HoTS, and D3 aren't anyone I give a shit about.

• 1Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Haven't most ex-Blizzard rockstars gone on to produce shit?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Brevik went on to Marvel Heroes which was a great game for the limited time it was alive. It folded shortly after he left Gazillion. And the Schaefer brothers made Torchlight.

Though I think Blizzard North is widely regarded as where most of the talent in Blizzard existed at the time.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Haven't most ex-Blizzard rockstars gone on to produce shit?
There’s a few gems, but by and large yes. None of the Warcraft and WoW guys that have left have done shit. And the various Blizzard North alum failures are the stuff of legend.

Rob Pardo created Bonfire Studios and as far as i can tell hasn’t even shown a fucking technical demo in 5 years.

• 1Worf

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Hey, you know how they said they'd talk about monks in a week? That 30 day week finally passed!

Some bug fixes and Energizing Elixir off the GCD (that's a pretty huge improvement for it). Increased stat-scaling for Xuen (Haste) to hopefully make some stats not suck as bad. Changed functionality for a couple covenant abilities. The 142nd claim that they've fixed SEF.

• 1Worf

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
So bottom line is this worth wasting $40 on, we know it’s not finished, we know it’s not balanced, we know it’s buggy as shit, we know the class balance sucks dick, we know all the reasons to stay away. Is it better or worse than BfA?

Does it hold true good xpac followed by bad xpac followed by good? A team then B team or is this breaking the mold and total fucking dogshit?

Is it fun?

• 2Pathetic

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
It legitimately looks and seems to play better than BFA - my strategy is pretty easy, join in on the fun of launch/first few months of new expansion and see how it goes. A few of the classes are better than they were in BFA as well and much more engaging to play. Covenants still looked fecked up and they'll constantly work to balance that, coupled with soulbinds/conduits.

That said, I've enjoyed what I've played of hunter/frost dk on beta and will have fun fecking around the first couple of months. To me though, it definitely needed another 6 months in the oven but the quicker they move away from the stain of BFA the better I suppose.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It legitimately looks and seems to play better than BFA - my strategy is pretty easy, join in on the fun of launch/first few months of new expansion and see how it goes. A few of the classes are better than they were in BFA as well and much more engaging to play. Covenants still looked fecked up and they'll constantly work to balance that, coupled with soulbinds/conduits.

That said, I've enjoyed what I've played of hunter/frost dk on beta and will have fun fecking around the first couple of months. To me though, it definitely needed another 6 months in the oven but the quicker the move away from the stain of BFA the better I suppose.

I agree launches are always fun to play at least.

I am shocked booze is even asking, given his history of dislike/hate/rage against retail wow, it shouldn't even be a question of giving them money.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users