World of Warcraft: Current Year

Fucker

Log Wizard
Havent played in a while and figured I would try out some of the new changes. Rolled a new Alliance Druid and tried out hte new player experience, and holy shit, the voice acting and scripting is so bad I had to turn it off. Everything about it was just out right terrible.

This is NOT an improvement at all...wtf is Blizzard doing?

It is pretty jarring to see the massive drop in quality and creativity since BFA. I've been playing in Legion on my new toon and that expac is a billion times more fun than BFA.

In Legion, we got order halls, class mounts, legendaries, artifact weapons, and pretty sizeable content patches at decent intervals.

In BFA, we got a dumb neck thing no one gave a fuck about, a shitty cloak, fucked up corrupted gear, island things no one did, and warfronts that people only played a few times.

Oh yeah! The best content patch of BFA was the one that let us not play BFA.

WoW would be fucked beyond belief if they didn't have Classic to cloak how poorly they are doing at conjuring up new ideas.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I wonder how many people resubbed just to play through the old xpacs again. Legion is standing room only in a lot of places. It's kind of an odd feeling to load an MMO and see actual people playing it. BFA has been dead on my server for a long time.

Technical fuck ups aside, the new way of leveling is pretty decent.

i started a monk, since i've never leveled one... decided to do legion just to get the artefact weapon and mount... did the exile's reach starter zone and straight to broken isles. some panda i've never heard of runs up and tells me all the greatest monks are gathering and they want me to join them. then i run around in pandaria and after 15 minutes they are asking me to be the new grandmaster.

broseph.. i don't even have shoes on. i haven't gotten a single boot drop or quest reward and *I'M* the best this order has to offer?

that aside, i do agree, i like being able to focus on a single story instead of doing a single zone from an expansion before outleveling it

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I enabled the RTX today on the 3080 and the shadows got less sharp and stole 30fps. Did not notice much else.

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
the level of ambivalence in this thread is staggering. no one seems to be happy, no one seems like they want to play, but everyone keeps subbing. personally i sub when a new expac comes out, and then sub for a few months sporadically throughout the expac cycle. no real complaints other than the obvious (story is B-A-N-A-N-A-S and sjw nonsense is getting awfully pervasive).

obviously blizzard isn't the company it used to be, but that's life. people got a serious case of "Back in MY day!"
Yeah, I cancelled my sub about 30 mins after logging into the 'new' game.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
the level of ambivalence in this thread is staggering. no one seems to be happy, no one seems like they want to play, but everyone keeps subbing. personally i sub when a new expac comes out, and then sub for a few months sporadically throughout the expac cycle. no real complaints other than the obvious (story is B-A-N-A-N-A-S and sjw nonsense is getting awfully pervasive).

obviously blizzard isn't the company it used to be, but that's life. people got a serious case of "Back in MY day!"
You're talking about a bunch of faggot uncle rico's that have a skillcap that classic wow is right under.

BFA sucked, I played one month. I'll try shadowlands and if it sucks I'll do the same. If it doesn't I'll play

• 2Pathetic
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
1602856179022.png

eo62r.jpg

• 1Tiresome

Chris

Potato del Grande
Do people really care about gearing up a brand new level 50? I know myself personally just getting them to max level and will worry about gear when I can just buy the ilvl 100 stuff from a vendor during the scourge event. No point into getting more at this point, unless I was getting carried for heroic/mythic raid gear.
Yeah you need a maxed out lv50 so that you can be even quicker at face rolling the lv51 content that gives you rewards that instantly obsoletes your gear.

WoW is hard.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Holy shit, who thought these mouth animations were a good idea. Characters look like fish gasping for air when they speak.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah you need a maxed out lv50 so that you can be even quicker at face rolling the lv51 content that gives you rewards that instantly obsoletes your gear.

WoW is hard.
Except every expansion it has been the case that previous high end gear lasted through at least half of the levelling experience

• 1Picard

Chris

Potato del Grande
Except every expansion it has been the case that previous high end gear lasted through at least half of the levelling experience
And it's desperately needed! Sometimes those mobs have a single ability, like a 3 second poison or frostbolt. Occasionally there's an AoE you have 10 seconds to move out of. Brutal.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Enjoying leveling up a Zandalari - going through WOD, forgot what a good journey that was to max, shame about that xpacs end game. I'm at 32 in a few nights of just casually playing

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
After putting some time in, this feels like a very different game, and not in good ways. The VO's, animation, new models, and very dumbed down gameplay all feel really bad to me. I am truly in shock at how much they damaged this IP.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
i started a monk, since i've never leveled one... decided to do legion just to get the artefact weapon and mount... did the exile's reach starter zone and straight to broken isles. some panda i've never heard of runs up and tells me all the greatest monks are gathering and they want me to join them. then i run around in pandaria and after 15 minutes they are asking me to be the new grandmaster.

broseph.. i don't even have shoes on. i haven't gotten a single boot drop or quest reward and *I'M* the best this order has to offer?

that aside, i do agree, i like being able to focus on a single story instead of doing a single zone from an expansion before outleveling it
People pay attention to the story? I noped out the moment they put pandas in the game. I tuned in for a moment during Legion just long enough to hear someone say someone was the chosen one, then noped out again.

Every game needs a storyless mode that allows the player to skip all cutscenes and story related scenarios.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Don't forget to minmax the fuck out of your leveling experience with Raibots, install Leatrix to skip dialogues and be the first to access the endgame zone:

unknown.png

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
So no word on Khadgar again? he just fuck off and die? Or did he break the 4th wall and quit Blizzard?

• 1Like