World of Warcraft: Current Year

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
the level of ambivalence in this thread is staggering. no one seems to be happy, no one seems like they want to play, but everyone keeps subbing. personally i sub when a new expac comes out, and then sub for a few months sporadically throughout the expac cycle. no real complaints other than the obvious (story is B-A-N-A-N-A-S and sjw nonsense is getting awfully pervasive).

obviously blizzard isn't the company it used to be, but that's life. people got a serious case of "Back in MY day!"

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rime

<Donor>
I let my expansion lapse for the first time since Cataclysm.

The loss of the borrowed power and the level squish make everything a chore.

May come back for the actual pre-patch event. May not.

• 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Have the May Windows 10 2004 version and enabled DX 12 in the client?

You are not missing much, you only get some faint shadows for some static objects for halving your framerate basically.
Sweet, was the 2004 update. There’s a difference but not a ton, thx

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
but everyone keeps subbing.
Speak for yourself.

This is the first expansion I'm only barely vaguely interested in maybe, someday in the future, checking. By then, I'll probably have problems finding my authenticator and stuff, so who knows.

• 1Solidarity

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Speak for yourself.

This is the first expansion I'm only barely vaguely interested in maybe, someday in the future, checking. By then, I'll probably have problems finding my authenticator and stuff, so who knows.
no, i'm speaking for you now. you're going to play it, you're going to mildly enjoy your time, you're going to sub for longer than you meant to because you keep forgetting to cancel and then you're going to tell everyone you hate it and that we should all vote with our wallet.

This is the way.

• 2Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Have the May Windows 10 2004 version and enabled DX 12 in the client?

You are not missing much, you only get some faint shadows for some static objects for halving your framerate basically.
Yeah, it's not a dramatic change. You pretty much have to turn it off and on while looking at different areas to see it. Which just shows how good they have become at faking realistic shadows over the years.

Hoping that Shadowlands will have better results because the artists might have designed for it. Probably not though. So ray tracing in WoW is not really worth the significant performance hit for most people.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, it's not a dramatic change. You pretty much have to turn it off and on while looking at different areas to see it. Which just shows how good they have become at faking realistic shadows over the years.

Hoping that Shadowlands will have better results because the artists might have designed for it. Probably not though. So ray tracing in WoW is not really worth the significant performance hit for most people.
I agree looking at it in BFA, Shadowlands I suspect will be no different. Makes me wonder just how big a technological leap RTX actually is, but that's another story for a different thread.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I am very intrigued by the storyline from the quasi-animated short trailers they came out with. Nothing about the actual gameplay has motivated me and so this is the first expansion I've not prepurchased.

• 1Like

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Only reason I’ve really tried it is I was subbed for Classic anyway. Though that’s on me still for subbing for Classic... I shouldn’t buy SL but knowing me, my boredom will probably get me in the end.

• 1Worf

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
fired up the warrior on hyjal and yep... have no idea what I'm doing. At least I can do the horde campaign since I haven't touched this guy in 2 years.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
You can be black now but when are they going to undead be undead versions of other non-human races? Undead elves at the very least.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Issued quest to do a dungeon in Legion - go to dungeon finder, and... its BFA dungeons. A++ so far.

• 1Worf

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Friendly reminder about RTX in Shadowlands: Ray Tracing Shadows Now Enabled on the World of Warcraft Shadowlands Beta

It's up to you if you care that much about shadow borders.
iu

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
You can be black now but when are they going to undead be undead versions of other non-human races? Undead elves at the very least.
I can’t be a black Israelite though. Fucking blizzard is a racist pos.

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
Havent played in a while and figured I would try out some of the new changes. Rolled a new Alliance Druid and tried out hte new player experience, and holy shit, the voice acting and scripting is so bad I had to turn it off. Everything about it was just out right terrible.

This is NOT an improvement at all...wtf is Blizzard doing?

• 1Worf

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Got my rogue to 50, and the BFA world quests are locked. They should just auto-unlock since I've already done it on my mage. Not that it matters I guess since the event shit should start soon.

• 1Worf

Malkav

French Madman
Scaling is so fucked.

Went to do the monk daily in the Peak of Serenity on a lvl14 monk. The master litteraly 3 shot me.

• 4Worf
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 4 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
Got my rogue to 50, and the BFA world quests are locked. They should just auto-unlock since I've already done it on my mage. Not that it matters I guess since the event shit should start soon.
pretty sure you just need to talk to whatever that dudes name that brown noses sylvannas is on the boat if you’re horde and they unlock

that said this prepatch is awful lmao

Fucker

Log Wizard
I wonder how many people resubbed just to play through the old xpacs again. Legion is standing room only in a lot of places. It's kind of an odd feeling to load an MMO and see actual people playing it. BFA has been dead on my server for a long time.

Technical fuck ups aside, the new way of leveling is pretty decent.