World of Warcraft: Current Year

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Twitch WoW Addon Updater is going away on November 17th. I would move to wowup or Cursebreaker asap. I switched to Cursebreaker due to it backing up my WTF folder every time it updates any addons. Do not install the Overwolf shit when it becomes available. It's literally adware.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Second Wowup. Twitch is a bloated POS. It does offer more functionality in that it has the addon information built right into the app, while wowup links to curseforge.

Also for those of us that use details (the superior race) you can download their test version which seems to be stable so far.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Took my L10 horde monk to Chromie, picked Legion. Did the legion weapon quest and poof...no other quests to pick anywhere for Legion.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Damn this sounds like a shitshow. If Blizzard would learn they could just stop adding new levels each expansion, not like they matter with scaling shit anyways.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Anyone been able to turn on the ray tracing setting? Drivers are updated, I've updated anything I can on Windows, DirectX12 is enabled and I'm fairly sure my card supports it (Radeon RX 580). Anything else I'm missing or am I just dumb and my card isn't good enough for it (or even dumber, does it require buying Shadowlands? The error says graphics related, though)?

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I dont give a fuck about some shit Scourge event. I had planed to resub, at most, a week before the xpac, to get UI straight and make ilev 87 gear for alts to level in (since the level 50 - 55ish quest gear will probably be in the item level 50 - 100 range)

Well now you log in a week before do your UI and go to a vendor and just buy some gear that is better then your planned crafted. The horror I know!

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Do not install the Overwolf shit when it becomes available. It's literally adware.

It's even worse than your typical adware, bordering on malware. It stays running in the background while you play and whenever you hit a loading screen it serves up video ads (via their overlay) that you can't click out of. When you close out the client it stays running hidden in the background (mining your data I presume) unless you manually kill the process in task manager. It's also been known to load on windows startup even if you tell it not to.

Shit is pure AIDS.

• 1Barf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Burns

Well now you log in a week before do your UI and go to a vendor and just buy some gear that is better then your planned crafted. The horror I know!

Wowheads write up says that you need to do the invasion shit to get currency for the vendor shit, so no, I cant just log on and outfit 6+ alts with better gear.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Breaking UI is the only feature of this patch I've heard about. Shadowlands is def gonna do Legion numbers.

• 1Worf

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anyone been able to turn on the ray tracing setting? Drivers are updated, I've updated anything I can on Windows, DirectX12 is enabled and I'm fairly sure my card supports it (Radeon RX 580). Anything else I'm missing or am I just dumb and my card isn't good enough for it (or even dumber, does it require buying Shadowlands? The error says graphics related, though)?
No, your card doesn't support RT, only nvidia cards 2000 and 3000 series

• 1Picard

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Wowheads write up says that you need to do the invasion shit to get currency for the vendor shit, so no, I cant just log on and outfit 6+ alts with better gear.
I mean I get it to a degree but at the same time who the fuck cares. Are you afraid leveling in Systemlands is going to be hard without an extra buff? You worried it might take 33 minutes per level instead of 37 minutes? The quests will probably shit out gear on your face as it always does. WoW for years now has negated any prep or work you might make, also shit gets invalidated patch to patch. You aren’t missing shit of value.

Burns

I mean I get it to a degree but at the same time who the fuck cares. Are you afraid leveling in Systemlands is going to be hard without an extra buff? You worried it might take 33 minutes per level instead of 37 minutes? The quests will probably shit out gear on your face as it always does. WoW for years now has negated any prep or work you might make, also shit gets invalidated patch to patch. You aren’t missing shit of value.

The first toon I level should have better than item level 87 gear, so, I don't give that many fucks about it. My response was more to the fact that they spent the time retooling the system, for nothing, and Cringe acting like you can just log in and buy BFA raid gear for alts without farming currency for days.

As for leveling speed, it probably wont matter that much for alts, but I do like shaving time off of levels, to get ahead of bulge of people competing for taps. They always seem to fuck up a handful of quest drop rates and respawn times, to which people accumulate and resort to spawn camping mobs. The mob of people wasn't so bad when the last 2 xpacs didn't have linear leveling paths, but now, I can turn Warmode on, as Alliance, once I am ahead the curve.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The first toon I level should have better than item level 87 gear, so, I don't give that many fucks about it. My response was more to the fact that they spent the time retooling the system, for nothing, and Cringe acting like you can just log in and buy BFA raid gear for alts without farming currency for days.

As for leveling speed, it probably wont matter that much for alts, but I do like shaving time off of levels, to get ahead of bulge of people competing for taps. They always seem to fuck up a handful of quest drop rates and respawn times, to which people accumulate and resort to spawn camping mobs. The mob of people wasn't so bad when the last 2 xpacs didn't have linear leveling paths, but now, I can turn Warmode on, as Alliance, once I am ahead the curve.

You can check on PTR, see how long it takes to get a full suit of the ilvl 100 stuff through the commendations. I tried it a while ago and I am pretty sure it was just a few hours of t running around questing/killing mobs but they could of changed it too, so dunno. Also I didn't kill any big bosses when I did it, apparently they can drop gear too.

Burns

You can check on PTR, see how long it takes to get a full suit of the ilvl 100 stuff through the commendations. I tried it a while ago and I am pretty sure it was just a few hours of t running around questing/killing mobs but they could of changed it too, so dunno. Also I didn't kill any big bosses when I did it, apparently they can drop gear too.

I dont care enough to install the PTR, but a few hours for a full set wouldn't be terrible and I might do it for 1 or 2 toons. Still, I would have preferred to just make the item level 87 gear from mats sitting around in the bank, and skip the event altogether.

Here is part of the Wowhead guide. It makes it sound like it will take longer, but it could depend on respawn times of "rares" and Scourgestone drop rates:

Argent Commendations​

Argent Commendation can be used to buy gear and other items from Quartermasters tied to the Scourge event. These tokens can be gathered from a variety of sources:​

Sources​

• The main questline rewards a total of 18 Argent Commendation.
  • The quest
    quest_start.gif
    Nathanos Blightcaller rewards 5 Argent Commendation.
  • Completing all available dailies should reward a total of 17 Argent Commendation per day.
    • The daily
      quest_start_daily.gif
      The Safety of Others unlocks from the beginning of the event, and rewards 5 Argent Commendation.
    • Icecrown dailies reward 3 Argent Commendation each. Some dailies are accessible from the beginning of the second week of the main questline, with the rest are unlocked with Continued Effort after you complete the main questline. In total, four Icecrown dailies should be up every day.
  • Most Scourge enemies in Icecrown drop Darkened Scourgestone and have a smaller chance to drop Pitch Black Scourgestone. Bosses drop multiple Pitch Black Scourgestone. These can be turned in to Veteran Crusader Aliocha Segard for Argent Commendation.
    • (
      quest_start.gif
      Darkened Scourgestones) rewards 1 Argent Commendation per every 25x Darkened Scourgestone
    • (
      quest_start.gif
      Pitch Black Scourgestones) rewards 3 Argent Commendation per every 25x Pitch Black Scourgestone.

Quartermasters​

The quartermasters are Quartermaster Renick (Stormwind), Quartermaster Lungren (Orgrimmar), Crusader Adevald Ironbeard and Veteran Crusader Aliocha Segard (Icecrown). This gear is item level 100 for level 50 players, which is on par with Normal Ny'alotha loot after the item squish, so it's decent catch-up gear for fresh alts. To buy absolutely everything from these Quartermasters, you would need a total of 170 Argent Commendation.​
ItemCost
All Gear15 Argent Commendation each. A full set of 9 items would cost 135 Argent Commendation in all.
Anti-Doom Broom15 Argent Commendation.
Putrid Geist20 Argent Commendation.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
This same shit happens every time there is a prepatch. Everybody start logging in to get their shit in order to start the new expansion and see how their class plays and putz with any new pre patch features. Honestly the fact that corruptions are gone actually makes me willing to do PVP again where I gave up on it due to the stupidity of the rando one shot corruption bomb idiots.
Not only that, but they finally nerfed Rextroy: No ilvl scaling in PVP anymore...
We are having 70000 mins queues right now here in the EU. I mean I totally understand that rolling out a large patch a small indie developer like blizzard with this shiny brand new game can encounter problems.
Seriously, every fucking their shit crash and burn. Every single mf time.
Every Blizzard game was fucked yesterday. Friend's daughter was complaining about how it was impossible to log-in for Overwatch's Halloween skin farming.

• 1Like

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
Not working for my 3080 either. Everything updated as well, pretty lame
Have the May Windows 10 2004 version and enabled DX 12 in the client?

You are not missing much, you only get some faint shadows for some static objects for halving your framerate basically.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users