World of Warcraft: Current Year

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
You know when toxic ass forum(s) are overwhelmingly positive about the change, you let that shit drag on for too long. Wish they did more Quality of Life changes like this more often.
What you don't like the weird moonkin swarms?? haha Yes this shit was long overdue for banhammering.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
Yeah maybe the druid army boters overdid it locking down entire zones. But they also prevented scalpers and price fixer to have an easy time with consumables.

• 1Like

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I think Blizz would get flak if dungeon runs were mandatory. FFXIV gets away with it, but that's not the same haha.

I usually power through each zone like that, and then come back to solo the required dungeons for the order hall campaign when I'm 50.

Ran a normal Maw of Souls with a pug at lvl48 and it was like pulling teeth. We wiped like 8 times on Helya before getting her, it was retarded.
Helya’s tentacles will 100-0 a tank in ~2 seconds. The tuning is fucked on that boss. I had to just spam heals on the tank in p1. Then her deck aoe in p2 is pretty much a one hit kill as well. It’s like everything is on heroic or mythic while leveling.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It's been a while since I've done Maw, especially as a tank - but for some reason I remember being able to dodge that non-sense. Easily at that. Dont fall in the holes, watch her queues and dodge appropriately.

(Granted, our supposed "Try Hard" group in Legion ran that dungeon probably well into the 100's of times. Thankfully Booze was tanking most of the time. :p)

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
It's been a while since I've done Maw, especially as a tank - but for some reason I remember being able to dodge that non-sense. Easily at that. Dont fall in the holes, watch her queues and dodge appropriately.

(Granted, our supposed "Try Hard" group in Legion ran that dungeon probably well into the 100's of times. Thankfully Booze was tanking most of the time. :p)

You have to tank the tentacles on the deck or they kill the whole group. For whatever reason a large percentage of tanks get straight up deleted by them right now.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How much you want to bet this had nothing to do with Johnny Everyman complaining that some guy with 10 characters was picking all the flowers but instead because Ion hated the fact that multiboxing was making it too easy for the bleeding edge to keep multiple characters relevant?
How is a Samboxer better at picking flowers than an individual player? I mean all the commands are mirrored anyways, one player picks as fast as a 20 boxer?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
How is a Samboxer better at picking flowers than an individual player? I mean all the commands are mirrored anyways, one player picks as fast as a 20 boxer?

Each herb only supports 10 individual picks (It might actually only be 8? Been a while). If one person is 10 boxing they get every herb pick by themselves and nobody else gets the herb. As a for instance.

WoW is incredibly boxer friendly which means its also friendly to everyone who is not also boxing. There isn't much to complain about when it comes to boxing so it's kind of hard to come up with examples. The only thing I can think of is some lame dipshit basement dwelling Sam wannabe turning war mode on and one shotting people while 40 boxing or something. Those people are fucking lame.

• 1Like

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
It won't solve anything. It will cause multi-boxers to quit, but the abusive ones or the bots will keep going. The abusive ones are obsessed and will find other ways, while the bots are used to getting banned every 6 months, so its just routine. This is just a hollow gesture for brownie points from the ignorant masses.

Khane

I kind of feel bad for Lax. WoW probably accounts for over 95% of all of ISBoxer subs and he's been working for a while on an ISBoxer 2. This is going to kill that income.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think multiboxing was one of those things that was just not enough for a problem to worry about for a long time but the tools have gotten so good and the flocks of nazjatar moonkin so in your face that they pretty much can't let that go into a new expansion so starting to lay the law down is correct. Otherwise when the expansion goes live you will never get any harvesting nodes at all and just have to buy it all off the AH.

• 1Solidarity

Khane

ISBoxer has not changed much at all in like 8 years. And it is the best multiboxing tool out there.

What has changed was Blizzard making everything personal loot and making pretty much the entire game multi-tap and multi-loot. Also hyper spawns based on kill counts and gathering counts. The more people in an area killing or herbing/mining the faster stuff respawns. Blizzard made the game so multiboxing friendly that there was almost no reason not to do it if you were trying to farm. Add the ability to buy tokens for gold which you can convert into game time and... well... there you have it. Adding a second account would net you more gold than it cost to pay for the game time on the account, and it goes on exponentially from there. All while mostly not having any kind of detrimental effect on the players around you.

I can guarantee you this wasn't Blizzard trying to "lay down the law" to fuck over multiboxers in general. It was "laying down the law" to stop bleeding edge players from utilizing multiboxing to keep multiple characters raid ready in a fraction of the time.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
Adding a second account would net you more gold than it cost to pay for the game time on the account, and it goes on exponentially from there.
30 days after the boxing ban, Wow's population drops to 409.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Khane

Keep in mind there are in game addons that allow players to be almost completely AFK while actually negatively impacting other players not using those same addons, and Blizzard is not looking at touching those at all. TSM is the biggest offender in that regard.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Araxen

I'm surprised they allow TSM. That has to tax their servers a lot.

• 1Truth!

Fucker

Log Wizard
Keep in mind there are in game addons that allow players to be almost completely AFK while actually negatively impacting other players not using those same addons, and Blizzard is not looking at touching those at all. TSM is the biggest offender in that regard.
I'm amazed at the lengths people go through to not play a video game.

Burns

I'm amazed at the lengths people go through to not play a video game.

What if I told you there was an addon you could run in WoW, while you were busy shitposting on FoH or out baking a pretty cake, that would make the game completely free (for you) to play?

giphy-227.width-704.gif

Last edited:
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Bots dont have to use isboxer or keystroke programs. In classic at least, there are bot programs with a master + slaves for self boosting. I'm sure theres the same in retail, it'll come down to player report since they dont seem to detect the hacks.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Those guys in Classic farming the shit out of Black Lotus won't disappear either. They'll still be monopolizing it.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I heard they patched teleporting but some people are working on getting it back. There's always been chinese farmers on my server that had like 14 level 1 rogues and 3 hunters on each faction in each zone (so they could attack you then pick with the other faction toon). Pretty wild but when it only costs you $2/month to subscribe to the game then why not?