World of Warcraft: Current Year

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
the factor that increases the Eye of the Jailer is the amount of Stygia gathered
So it's another one of those timegated grinds, where you are forced to do it daily to keep their performance metrics up? So we went from "it's for cosmetics" to "it's needed indirectly for unlocks", so you can do Torghast to unlock another currency you need for your legendaries.

And they will call it a success, because why else would so many players willingly do it every day, unless its fun? Why are players at the same time unsubscribing? A total mystery! We will never know!

Malkav

French Madman
So it's another one of those timegated grinds, where you are forced to do it daily to keep their performance metrics up? So we went from "it's for cosmetics" to "it's needed indirectly for unlocks", so you can do Torghast to unlock another currency you need for your legendaries.

And they will call it a success, because why else would so many players willingly do it every day, unless its fun? Why are players at the same time unsubscribing? A total mystery! We will never know!

Yeah, they seriously have a hard on for forcing people to log in daily to do crap. Can't even make them weekly, no no no, you have to come play every fucking day to do your chores.

You don't have to do the Maw for Thorghast/legendaries though. It's just some unlocks in the Maw can give you an easier time in Torghast (like there is an upgrade where you get at least the choice between at least 2 Anima powers instead of one when you get an Anima power).
Well, at least the Soul Ashes reward (currency for legendaries from Torghast) is weekly, and when you run a higher layer straight away you also get the reward for all the previous layers that week, so that's something.

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
So I know this xpac is gonna be garbage. But is there any sort of forum bros guild or anything that’s still going or plans on playing?
I seem to have a pathological need to play this when it releases.

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
So I know this xpac is gonna be garbage. But is there any sort of forum bros guild or anything that’s still going or plans on playing?
I seem to have a pathological need to play this when it releases.

Nothing concrete, so far there hasn't been in huge interest in the expansion. This xpac so far has the least amount of excitement from the community of any xpac.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I hated the islands. They were so boring at least the PVE ones. It was just gather up an assload of mobs and AE them down. I didn't find it fun at all. On my Mage, the best essence for him comes from there. I was so mad I had to do them.

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>

These assholes are lucky anyone plays their game anymore, and they are now rolling out a stricter stance on multiboxing? What a joke.

• 1Dislike
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Multiboxers really ruin the economy for everyone else, but so does TSM.

I don't understand why they don't dramatically rate-limit API calls to the AH.

• 2Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I quit BFA once visions came out. I couldnt stand grinding islands and visions. Is there any reason to jump in right now? Any fun pre-release events going on or just wait for xpac drop?

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I quit BFA once visions came out. I couldnt stand grinding islands and visions. Is there any reason to jump in right now? Any fun pre-release events going on or just wait for xpac drop?

If you are super undergeared, the scourge event content will give you ilevel 100 stuff. Not amazing, but will help, at least intially, in questing for SL. Also there are some unique drops from the raid mobs in scourge(like a new momento, 34 slot bag etc)

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Suddently, thousands of scan-spamming, gold hoarding goblins frowning at your proposal.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Two weeks before November 23rd-ish. Whenever the full prepatch drops (~9th). Youll have full access to everything that will get you set up for the launch (gear etc.) and a few cosmetic items for the 16th anniversary.

On the previous note : The Maw looks like it sucks. I dont want to do it, especially not daily. It would be really nice if it was just weekly so I could pick and choose when the hell I want to do it. I really dislike how I have to pull myself away from stuff I want to do in this game, only so I can make sure I hit whatever arbitrary agreement is implemented. As long as Im playing, then I meet your metrics. So fuck off with that shit, Blizzard.

Secondly - Even though this Maw implementation is bullshit, people are hyperboling the fk out of it. Not that Im being apologetic for it, but just trying to be my opinion in reality as much as I can. -

I dont think you'll be able to gem slot every single piece of gear you get, nor will you want to. Eventually, you'll get an upgrade that you believe will last you for at least a tier and thats the last time you'll have to socket that slot for that tier. Which tiers quite often last a lot longer than we want them too. I personally think Ill have enough saved up for one, if not two gem slots at a time. We wont get raid gear till December 15th, and its not even guaranteed that an individual will get a piece then. If a person is slotting a piece of gear from Mythic 0, or a normal raid with the full intent of being "hard core" then they are a moron anyways.

Cupcaek Cupcaek - There are plenty of people logging in right now. Asking the forum is not an accurate barometer for predicting the weather in the game's FOH guild. Classic is definitely carrying the game right now, but I highly doubt that the majority of players will not be trying the new expansion.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
I wonder if the new multibox stance has to do with Holly being on the WOW team (classic I think but still)

Khane

Got something right about marriage

Expand on how Multiboxers ruin the economy for everyone else. I would agree with you in a game world like EQ where nothing was instanced and some schmuck with 10 characters could permacamp contested mobs and have a monopoly on certain resources but in WoW? How?

And even if they could, that is Blizzard's fault. Did you ever join a "seed raid" in Legion? They were not boxers, but they were exploiting the changes Blizzard made during Legion with multi-tapping. Boxers cannot ruin an economy in a game that not only allows, but promotes mechanic exploitation.

Just look at the release of BFA where people were creating 40 person raids to farm world drop mounts because they could create hyperspawns that increased EVERYONE's chances at getting the mount. Look at Garrison fishing exploitation in WoD where people created instanced, in garrison raids to constantly spawn the murloc that everyone could tap for loot.

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Expand on how Multiboxers ruin the economy for everyone else. I would agree with you in a game world like EQ where nothing was instanced and some schmuck with 10 characters could permacamp contested mobs and have a monopoly on certain resources but in WoW? How?

And even if they could, that is Blizzard's fault. Did you ever join a "seed raid" in Legion? They were not boxers, but they were exploiting the changes Blizzard made during Legion with multi-tapping. Boxers cannot ruin an economy in a game that not only allows, but promotes mechanic exploitation.

Just look at the release of BFA where people were creating 40 person raids to farm world drop mounts because they could create hyperspawns that increased EVERYONE's chances at getting the mount. Look at Garrison fishing exploitation in WoD where people created instanced, in garrison raids to constantly spawn the murloc that everyone could tap for loot.

Don't hate the player, hate the game.
The fact that other exploitable things exist does not make multiboxing less of an economic problem.

Classic is also filled with all sorts of economic exploitation created by bots, instance farming, etc, that ruin the economic compared to the original vanilla WoW.

There's a reason a whole lot of games don't even bother having economies anymore; they're very difficult to balance.

At this point I hate both the player and the game, and probably will not reactivate for Shadowlands even though I purchased it already. I may buy a token since I have about 1.8 mil gold leftover from doing mythic mount runs, just so I can see the expac I paid for, but I don't feel like giving Blizzard any more of my money at this point.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
If there were enough multiboxers playing that they severely affected the economy: Blizzard wouldn't have been willing to lose the revenue from them to get rid of them

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Classic is a good example of where multiboxers negatively impact the experience for other players. Retail is not. Economies of scale are good for individuals in a game world where the individual is not hampered but rather benefits from multi-tapping. It's almost impossible for a multiboxer in retail to prevent an individual from also getting the resources they are after.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Classic is a good example of where multiboxers negatively impact the experience for other players. Retail is not. Economies of scale are good for individuals in a game world where the individual is not hampered but rather benefits from multi-tapping. It's almost impossible for a multiboxer in retail to prevent an individual from also getting the resources they are after.
The reason multiboxers hurt the economy is they drive down the value of any mats gathered during normal gameplay to basically nothing.

At this point, Blizzard should allow people to just take every gathering skill, since gathering skills as a source of income are just pointless vs multiboxers.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user