World of Warcraft: Current Year

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Sounds like the perfect opportunity to multibox as a time saver!

Oh wait...

• 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm curious if the new token bought 100 helms/shoulders/chests are better than Azerite armor. Azertie stuff has the weird increased main stat/stam but no secondary stats. Obviously in Shadowlands the abilities from Azerite won't work so the new stuff will be better there, but for right now I assume Azerite has the edge.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What class/spec, and who told you that? Pawn? Because Pawn has simple stat weights, but with 9.0 there are diminishing returns on secondaries unless you distribute them. So it depends if you are already stacked in that stat.

Prot paladin is really nice now, but somehow I don't feel as mobile. Not having to micromanage active mitigation is really good now. Will probably still play monk for brewmaster. Other than that ele shaman looks good.
Fury warrior and yes, Pawn.

I'm not stacking gear at all, I just started playing this guy again 2 weeks ago.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Compared to the demonic invasion prepatch (Legion?), this is a god damn slog, trickling out loot that will be irrelevant in weeks regardless, with the high point being a couple extra inventory slots (compared to the, what, Draenor bags most of us have on our alts?).

If this is their sales pitch for Shadowlands, most of us will probably unsub about one day after we hit 60.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Those diminishing returns don't kick in until you have over 30% in a given stat, and don't even become noticeable until over 60%.
25%. But it's a problem for classes that stack some secondaries exclusively while ignoring others.

Obviously in Shadowlands the abilities from Azerite won't work so the new stuff will be better there, but for right now I assume Azerite has the edge.
Depends on the class/spec, as some specs have something like "stat sticks" as azerite traits, while some have game-changing abilities, like the glimmer for holy paladin. I think if you leveled your azerite neck it's going to be good for 53 to 54, and will disable at 55 like the Legion legendaries in BfA. If you have a fresh neck it's pointless, because you can't unlock most traits.

Fury warrior and yes, Pawn.
Click the Pawn icon and check if you have somewhat reasonable scale weights ("scale" tab at bottom) to automatic or manual. Check the weights. It should be like this for Fury:
Screenshot 2020-11-13 200311.png

If you have "manual" you see scaling weights for all your specs, which can throw you off. Try to make a manual compare (third tab) between the items.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
25%. But it's a problem for classes that stack some secondaries exclusively while ignoring others.

Depends on the class/spec, as some specs have something like "stat sticks" as azerite traits, while some have game-changing abilities, like the glimmer for holy paladin. I think if you leveled your azerite neck it's going to be good for 53 to 54, and will disable at 55 like the Legion legendaries in BfA. If you have a fresh neck it's pointless, because you can't unlock most traits.

Click the Pawn icon and check if you have somewhat reasonable scale weights ("scale" tab at bottom) to automatic or manual. Check the weights. It should be like this for Fury:
View attachment 317470

If you have "manual" you see scaling weights for all your specs, which can throw you off. Try to make a manual compare (third tab) between the items.
1605294999398.png

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Pawn values the haste (1.89 per point) amd versatility (1.37 per point) more than any strenght (1.61 per point), while ignoring stamina (0.01 per point). For pure DPS this could very well be true.

If you want a detailed analysis: Go to askmrrobot.com, create a free account, load the addon and pump the addon string into the website.

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
Pawn values the haste (1.89 per point) amd versatility (1.37 per point) more than any strenght (1.61 per point), while ignoring stamina (0.01 per point). For pure DPS this could very well be true.

If you want a detailed analysis: Go to askmrrobot.com, create a free account, load the addon and pump the addon string into the website.

Yeah, primary stats have been kinda useless for a while compared to good secondaries. This + azerite traits made ilvl completely irrelevant in BFA.

Also, Azerite powers are flat out disabled in the Shadowlands, so you might as well replace your azerite armor pieces by the stuff from the event.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
My point is, at that gear level, that threshold is not even remotely being reached.
Not to be just a contrarian, but the catchup gear has a surprising amount of secondary stats, especially instead of azerite traits. My shaman has itemlevel 84 and (as resto) already 22% crit, 21% haste and 34% mastery.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Guys, we're in prepatch mode, no fucks should be allotted to gear yourself at all, just wait for release and level your character while enjoying the scenery, none of your +3 second stat choices will ever matter unless you're level 60. Shadowlands leveling is about a relaxed 1-2 evening playtime, you'll then have to wait for December when Shadowlands 1st season (mythic raid, M+, arenas) begins with the mundane hotfixes. There's no "catchup or die" rule, unless you're lvl60 on one gives a fuck about your gear.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Not to be just a contrarian, but the catchup gear has a surprising amount of secondary stats, especially instead of azerite traits. My shaman has itemlevel 84 and (as resto) already 22% crit, 21% haste and 34% mastery.
Mastery doesn't work the same way because you have to go off the number and not the percentage since the percentage conversion works differently for every class and the base is different for every class.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Guys, we're in prepatch mode, no fucks should be allotted to gear yourself at all, just wait for release and level your character while enjoying the scenery, none of your +3 second stat choices will ever matter unless you're level 60. Shadowlands leveling is about a relaxed 1-2 evening playtime, you'll then have to wait for December when Shadowlands 1st season (mythic raid, M+, arenas) begins with the mundane hotfixes. There's no "catchup or die" rule, unless you're lvl60 on one gives a fuck about your gear.
Well of course it will all be replaced, I was more curious with how stat weighting may have changed over the year+ since I last played BFA.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Mastery doesn't work the same way
That's besides the point my dear. The goal is that stacking a single secondary isn't going to bring more power. I get the feeling that Blizzard is trying very hard to curb the exponential power explosion between the first and the last tier of Shadowlands.

just wait for release and level your character while enjoying the scenery
We don't have anything else to do. No one is doing anything anymore for the next one and a half weeks. I'm even having theorycrafting discussions with Mist inbetween rares.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
That's besides the point my dear. The goal is that stacking a single secondary isn't going to bring more power. I get the feeling that Blizzard is trying very hard to curb the exponential power explosion between the first and the last tier of Shadowlands.

We don't have anything else to do. No one is doing anything anymore for the next one and a half weeks. I'm even having theorycrafting discussions with Mist inbetween rares.
The diminishing returns is extremely slight.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Well of course it will all be replaced, I was more curious with how stat weighting may have changed over the year+ since I last played BFA.

So, in order to use Pawn properly, you need to sim your own stat weights, as for most every spec, they change substantially depending on gear, azurite, and essences. I much prefer Raidbots (over AskMrRobot) for this, as they use the weekly simcraft (or nightly, if you want) builds.

If you want to fine tune it, you can change how long the fight lasts, as well as how many bosses for sustained AoE VS. Single target. I always use 2 weight sets per spec.

To use Pawn in conjunction with RaidBots, all you need to do is run sim weights on the webpage, then copy the pawn string, they list, over into the game.

Here are your weights (if this is actually your toon):

Single Target

2020-11-14 02.51.29 www.raidbots.com eb0697a53008.png

AoE sustained (that is used for high M+ keys)

2020-11-14 02.46.40 www.raidbots.com 3868db7c2cb5.png

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Stop wasting productive years of your life on WoW.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Stop wasting productive years of your life on WoW.
I don't know when the last time you've wandered out of your basement was, but the world out there is currently a scary place. Most things are basically shut down.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users