World of Warcraft: Current Year

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Is the bag why people are killing the nameds? After doing so much Icecrown for all the mounts / pets / etc. back in the day, I ran through the 'new' quests in five minutes and left.

Yeah but Koushirou Koushirou was talking about this yesterday. I guess the rares have a 20 min timer in a set order. So if you want your shot at the bag you it's once every 6-7 hours. Given it's a small chance they want to keep you logged and jerking your dick for days at a time. Piss poor unfun rare farming.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I get the feeling they hired a bunch of fired USPS workers to run WoW. This is the only explanation as to how emotionless and uncreative their efforts are.

Budget cuts. They shaved a lot from GMs and tech support but ultimately reorganization of Blizzard involved new financial management.

Activision wanted them on a tighter balance sheet similar to how Activision operated. Prior to that they let Blizzard run fat development budgets. Also add in the hiring problems for Shadowlands. There's a manpower shortage along with a balance sheet that might make it difficult to attract anything but interns.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fucker

Log Wizard
Yeah but Koushirou Koushirou was talking about this yesterday. I guess the rares have a 20 min timer in a set order. So if you want your shot at the bag you it's once every 6-7 hours. Given it's a small chance they want to keep you logged and jerking your dick for days at a time. Piss poor unfun rare farming.

It is a strange thing to be tightwads about loot that will be vendored or DI'd in less than two weeks. Timers should be 10 minutes, and I bet a lot of people quit after the first few bosses anyway. I did almost one full rotation today and got one item and one bag. Fat chance I am going to do it on alts.

• 1Like

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Just a friendly reminder to get WowUp soon to manage your addons. Twitch stops working on Dec 2nd and the Twitch app actually asks you to install Overwolf now (don't do it, it's AIDS malware).

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Which pretty much means you run it for your main, not your alts (unless you're a massive poopsocker or a multibo... oh sorry, multiboxing is now forbidden).

Fucker

Log Wizard
Which pretty much means you run it for your main, not your alts (unless you're a massive poopsocker or a multibo... oh sorry, multiboxing is now forbidden).

It's off the table for alts. I did the full run and ended up with 1 item and 1 bag. That's 5 minutes of fighting and flying every 20 minutes over 7 hours. Nah. Not worth it for stuff that will be thrown away 5 seconds after SL goes live.

Malkav

French Madman
10 min respawn definitely would help, but it's not THAT bad.

Between the gear bought with argent commendations (dailies, plus each boss enough stones to trade for 3/6 commendations) and the drops you can get, I've already geared up 2 characters. You need to check each boss drop table to see if they have anything relevant for a given character and switch between your alts accordingly (not bringing a plate class to a boss that only drops cloth/mail).

• 1Faggotry

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
check each boss drop table to see if they have anything relevant for a given character
Boss drop tables are not 100%, though. Also, I got a melee trinket for my shadowpriest. Thanks for the average itemlevel, I guess?

oh sorry, multiboxing is now forbidden
No, multiboxing is not forbidden. The key cloning (one keypress to many clients) is forbidden now. Expect people to find out ways around that.

Malkav

French Madman
Boss drop tables are not 100%, though. Also, I got a melee trinket for my shadowpriest. Thanks for the average itemlevel, I guess?

No, multiboxing is not forbidden. The key cloning (one keypress to many clients) is forbidden now. Expect people to find out ways around that.

The trinket is bugged and badly flagged for loot spec, aside from that, every boss has a fixed drop table.

I'm using this site on the EU side : Shadowlands Icecrown Rares , spawn time and drop table for every named.

Just killed Bronjahm on my hunter, got both the mail helm and the bag, feels good.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Multiboxing 2 accounts w/o key mirroring is fairly easy and 3 or 4 probably wouldn't be too bad (although a lot of work), after you got used to it.

When I did the RAF account (shortly before they nerfed it), I used AutoHotkey (I think) to send keybinds on my second action bar to the second account, to duo dungeons. The question is, can Blizzard tell when someone is mirroring keys across accounts versus setting up an action bar for each, to follow the new rules.

I wouldn't be surprised if they ban everyone using AutoHotkey and other such programs, regardless of how it is set up.

Last edited:

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Just killed Bronjahm on my hunter, got both the mail helm and the bag, feels good.
I wanted some gear for my alts, because I still haven't decided on a "main" for Shadowlands. I wanted to play feral or windwalker, but both specs have zero long-term prospects.

I have four bags now across my alts, and 1 or 2 items of actual gear. Fuck my life.

The question is, can Blizzard tell when someone is mirroring keys across accounts versus setting up an action bar for each, to follow the new rules.
Technically you can flag people using specific MAC addresses (basically your network card). If you are multiboxing on a single PC, then all sessions have the MAC address, after which they can correlate that the games some way or other all send the same input at the exact same time.

I wouldn't be surprised if they ban everyone using AutoHotkey and other such programs, regardless of how it is set up.
At the moment they are targeting ISBoxer specifically. I am using AutoHotkey myself and didn't get one of those sternly worded emails yet, but I wouldn't put it past them to change their minds.

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
I wanted some gear for my alts, because I still haven't decided on a "main" for Shadowlands. I wanted to play feral or windwalker, but both specs have zero long-term prospects.

I have four bags now across my alts, and 1 or 2 items of actual gear. Fuck my life.

Been luckier on the gear side myself, but yeah, I'm in the same boat. All my characters have crap gear and I'm still somewhat on the fence on what to play come release, so getting several to ilvl100. Leaning toward my Frost DK or MM Hunter so far. I'd play Prot Paladin as I love the spec but tanking for pugs seems kinda toxic in this game.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Very easy to detect ISBoxer from a technological standpoint anyways. It injects directly into the process without trying to hide itself, and they turned a blind eye to it for a long time.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have no idea how stat priority works anymore.

Item level 57 shoulders with +15 haste/ +9 vers but 19 less str/25 less stam are 20% better than my item level 85 shoulders?

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Item level 57 shoulders with +15 haste/ +9 vers but 19 less str/25 less stam are 20% better than my item level 85 shoulders?
What class/spec, and who told you that? Pawn? Because Pawn has simple stat weights, but with 9.0 there are diminishing returns on secondaries unless you distribute them. So it depends if you are already stacked in that stat.

Leaning toward my Frost DK or MM Hunter so far. I'd play Prot Paladin as I love the spec but tanking for pugs seems kinda toxic in this game.
Prot paladin is really nice now, but somehow I don't feel as mobile. Not having to micromanage active mitigation is really good now. Will probably still play monk for brewmaster. Other than that ele shaman looks good.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I agree seems odd to be stingy with the loot at this point. Either make it faster spawns or 100% drop rate. Both BFA and legion events had much easier loot gain for catch up. Legion had the added bonus of making it a joke to get anything to max level while you did it.

I couldn't sit there all day staring at screen waiting for spawns. It is perfect though if you just do something else. Move to new spawn, go afk to work, watch movie, 2nd monitor etc, then check back in when 20 minutes is up, fight for a minute, then rinse repeat. Does rule out gearing up every alt you have at max though, its just too time consuming for that. Instead just do maybe 1.5 complete rotations and then buy the currency gear to replace your heirlooms, ignore slots you can't upgrade. You can get enough comms just from turning in the pitch black stones from doing about that many rares. It will still take a decent chunk of time(9 hours or so given the 20 minute respawn) but will take much longer to try and get every slot with the 110 stuff off rares.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I agree seems odd to be stingy with the loot at this point. Either make it faster spawns or 100% drop rate. Both BFA and legion events had much easier loot gain for catch up. Legion had the added bonus of making it a joke to get anything to max level while you did it.

I couldn't sit there all day staring at screen waiting for spawns. It is perfect though if you just do something else. Move to new spawn, go afk to work, watch movie, 2nd monitor etc, then check back in when 20 minutes is up, fight for a minute, then rinse repeat. Does rule out gearing up every alt you have at max though, its just too time consuming for that. Instead just do maybe 1.5 complete rotations and then buy the currency gear to replace your heirlooms, ignore slots you can't upgrade. You can get enough comms just from turning in the pitch black stones from doing about that many rares. It will still take a decent chunk of time(9 hours or so given the 20 minute respawn) but will take much longer to try and get every slot with the 110 stuff off rares.

See that is the kind of game play design they can show the suits and say.. OH BOY player engagement is high, but the reality is they are alt tabbed for 19/20 minutes. At some point that stops being a game.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
What class/spec, and who told you that? Pawn? Because Pawn has simple stat weights, but with 9.0 there are diminishing returns on secondaries unless you distribute them. So it depends if you are already stacked in that stat.
Those diminishing returns don't kick in until you have over 30% in a given stat, and don't even become noticeable until over 60%.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
See that is the kind of game play design they can show the suits and say.. OH BOY player engagement is high, but the reality is they are alt tabbed for 19/20 minutes. At some point that stops being a game.

Basically. Its dumb, but I don't expect it changing at all. I was going to try and gear up multiple alts, but atm I just don't care now. I did a few on main(just came back so shitty gear), got momento and bag and done. Then did 1 rotation on alt, got 5 peices(got lucky) with weapon from nathanos and done. Wont bother with more most likely. I'll just use quest gear leveling up, instead of having gear to last to about midway then replace.