World of Warcraft: Current Year

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Maw is pretty simple once you get used to it, you can always grab a mount on the left after leaving the cave. Mount dudes are scattered all over map. Buy the cheap portal item to jump back to venari. Seems most of the named have some kind of quest item for rep. Do the Jailer event once a week for a chance at a decent item (?) Avoid killing stuff unless its for a quest, complete your stuff, then run around killing named ect, it will be obvious when you done for day. I spend like 20-30min there a day, that's going slow.

1000 anima isn't that bad, it adds up quick. The numbers are stupid, it makes it seem like it far worse of a grind. The pvp quest atm gives you 2-350 as well.

Expansion isn't perfect, but I'm having fun. Except doing torghast on warlock, shit fucking sucks, been eaten by a grue a few too many times. Easy and fun on DH so far though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Expansion isn't perfect, but I'm having fun. Except doing torghast on warlock, shit fucking sucks, been eaten by a grue a few too many times. Easy and fun on DH so far though.
Torghast on my lock has pretty much been a breeze besides Maw of the Maw with a bunch of shit anima powers.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
The Threads of Fate option is fucking great. Being able to work on shit that matters while levelling alts instead of redoing the linear storyline makes things far more tolerable

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
When it comes to the 1k anima weekly quest, I just look at what's available every day and pick which world quests are worth doing. Fuck trying to squeeze it all out in one day by doing stupid ones.

You want me to go do a multi-stage quest killing elites and gathering junk for 35 anima? Fuck off. Kill 10 retards for 105 anima? Game on.

Play smarter.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyone experienced with setting up their own, or editing anothers, weak aura? I've been using some made by Luxthos and I would like the change the position of the main skill icons to match up with my own keybinds. The match up for my keybinds and the WA icon layout (primary ones) look like:
mine - 1 2 3 4 5 6
WA - 2 1 3 5 6 4

So I'd like rearrange the WA icons to match up with my keybinds.

BigDirty

Security Director of Crisis and Weather Management
<Bronze Donator>
Anyone experienced with setting up their own, or editing anothers, weak aura? I've been using some made by Luxthos and I would like the change the position of the main skill icons to match up with my own keybinds. The match up for my keybinds and the WA icon layout (primary ones) look like:
mine - 1 2 3 4 5 6
WA - 2 1 3 5 6 4

So I'd like rearrange the WA icons to match up with my keybinds.
If you dont know how to edit WA just rebind your keys or move your icons on your hotbar to match.

Last edited:

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Rearranging WA layouts depends entirely on how they were originally set up. How they are anchored, how they are grouped, etc. It's pretty hard to just tell someone how to rearrange the layout of custom WA packages.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Honestly once your companions are decently leveled, it's probably more efficient to set them up where a healer will heal them during a mission in the back row against a group they won't ever get targeted by, while your troops easy clean up for the win. Usually one of the 4 hour short missions a time or two and you can heal them up much more efficiently than wasting anima on doing so.

I feel like you're playing Night Fae just by the healer remark. My Kyrian Companions/Soul Binds are 27x2, and 23x2. 3 of them are Melee DPS and 1 of them is Ranged Bow DPS. Troops are Melee DPS and Tank. I could complain about the balance between covenants for the table, but granted its just "something to do" and never really gives me anything useful (player power wise) - I just dont care enough to.

The stuff people complain about in this game has gotten to the level of Karen and its just annoying af to read the complaints all the time. "The Sky Box is Blue! Fuck Blizzard!"

• 1Worf

Penance

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'd just love to shoutout my little bird homie here. Simp'in ain't easy

1607278947597.png

• 1Solidarity

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Torghast on my lock has pretty much been a breeze besides Maw of the Maw with a bunch of shit anima powers.
Yeah I keep getting shit skills. Even damage in general seems screwy for affliction, each floor is just a slog. This isn't even lvl 3, just 2's. For the lvl 3 Fracture I got lucky with a falldown boss at the end. Quite a few abilities that give, but give a negative too.

DH: EYEBEAM GOES BRRRRR. DH gets some really useful and fun abilities. Just last night had 80% chance for eyebeam not to go on CD for example, and a whole slew of other ones by the end. Even with shit luck DH can finish off a run. Haven't felt the need to switch to tank at all, can even handle an elite or 2 if cooldowns avail.

It's just strange to me, because my lock can steadily kill openworld elites, while DH needs CDs, in torghast it's the opposite.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Fucking retards everywhre. "LUL HOW DOES SPINNING A MOB GET YOU HIT BY CLEAVE HUR DUR". They were in the same guild so figures they'd come to his defense.
1607303126139.png

Bunch of faggots in that guild.
1607303228786.png

• 1Worf

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The idiocy / toxicity that Ive encountered so far this expansion is like super in your face. I was trying to figure out the best route to take Atonement, so I went left in the beginning instead of right. You would think this Mage in the group had his mother brutily murdered with how bent out of shape he got because of something so insignificant (two mobs extra if you're counting). Then decided to go ape shit and pull extra shit as we continued through the instance. I ignored him altogether and just kept going on about my business. Meanwhile the group starts talking shit to him and he just ends up leaving the group. Dumbest experience Ive had so far, but there are more.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Who exactly are "the melee" in a group with a hunter, an spriest, and a shaman as DPS? An enhancement shaman?

Khane

The idiocy / toxicity that Ive encountered so far this expansion is like super in your face. I was trying to figure out the best route to take Atonement, so I went left in the beginning instead of right. You would think this Mage in the group had his mother brutily murdered with how bent out of shape he got because of something so insignificant (two mobs extra if you're counting). Then decided to go ape shit and pull extra shit as we continued through the instance. I ignored him altogether and just kept going on about my business. Meanwhile the group starts talking shit to him and he just ends up leaving the group. Dumbest experience Ive had so far, but there are more.

This is usually the case at the beginning of any expansion. Because there are no difficulties to separate the playerbase you run into a TON of shitheads because you are grouping with anyone and everyone... because everything is base difficulty

• 1Like

nu_11

Randoms in this game are the scummiest pieces of shit compared to the pleasantness of randoms in FFXIV.

• 3Like

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I've yet to do a single dungeon yet because of the average player. It's not thin skin, I just don't have the patience for it anymore, and it always puts me in a bad mood dealing with people that act like unsupervised special ed kids. Fuck that shit on my free time.

0.2 away from 155 now, so maybe I'll start LFG in guild once in awhile now.

• 3Like

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I was pretty much the same as you did but to be honest its been fine except for one group I was in, everyone has been cool.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
The fuck are you talking about? This is one of the least grindy xpacks since daily quests were introduced to the game. Yeah, some of the WQs take longer than before (40 minutes tho... lol) but you don’t have to do any of them. They aren’t tied to player power outside 1k weekly anima. That is only 10 WQs a week if you just do 100+ anima ones. The maw is not required unless you want sockets, and if it takes you 40 minutes to give up on a WQ, sockets arent saving your dumbass.
I think a lot of people are still stuck in BFA mind set. This expansion so far looks like a LOT more of the stuff you "need to do" is weekly not daily. Doing the weekly dungeon stuff gets you a good ways towards the 1k anima and then just plink around a bit doing stuff and the anima comes in at a decent clip. The maw stuff is like weekly for 80% of the rewards for the week and dailies that take like 30 minutes if you care enough to bother.

• 1Like