World of Warcraft: Current Year

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I haven't touched this game in over a year but I have watched a few streams during the release and it was very clear Hunters AND Balance druids were on the top of their game. Yet here we have a hunter complaining about balance druids only doing 100 more dps. I don't even play the game and I can see how fucking bad Jayrebb is.

Although, random tangent...did balance druids ever get nerfed yet? I know Unholy DK's and Marksman Hunters got some nerfs, but I hadn't seen if balance druids ever did.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Although, random tangent...did balance druids ever get nerfed yet? I know Unholy DK's and Marksman Hunters got some nerfs, but I hadn't seen if balance druids ever did.
No they are absolutely broken in most aspects of the game right now (No idea on PVP).

Druid is in one of the healthiest spots its been in. Even Feral is good right now. Bear tanking, while not back to Legion-esque powers, feels like it's at least good enough (at least its not a Prot Warrior lol), and Resto is always a solid choice to bring in almost any situation.

I'd say top 5 DPS if you want to both raid and M+ are Balance Druid > MM Hunter > Afflock > WW Monk > Unholy DK(DK loses points for M+ but still very solid and is a god in nathria)

If we're just talking M+ replace DK with Outlaw and put Fire Mage equal to Druid or Hunter.

Generally speaking, most of the time its the returning player that puts themselves into a bad position. If addons were disabled / no one could see your ilvl

Or if you couldn't filter on server. Insta reject for you Ragnoras jajas

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Same as it ever was. For multiple expansions now I've seen the same complaints about it not being a social game and harkening back to the glory days. Except everyone who complains clearly never makes a single attempt to be social.

"Man, I have no time to play games these days. Wouldn't it be great if I could just be a total cunt and ALSO magically make friends?!"

M+ is the worst example on earth any of you could use to prove your point. There is no auto grouping, it's difficult content, and you have to communicate to complete it successfully. It is the epitome of social gameplay. Every single expansion I played in I had to build my own friends list by actually being social and putting in effort. And every single expansion I watched bad players from this forum complain that it wasn't just a walk in the park. All while amusing myself with just how bad most of this previously bleeding edge forum actually is at playing video games.

So many of you are just fucking bad at the game. Which is funny, because it's not a very hard game.

I haven't touched this game in over a year but I have watched a few streams during the release and it was very clear Hunters AND Balance druids were on the top of their game. Yet here we have a hunter complaining about balance druids only doing 100 more dps. I don't even play the game and I can see how fucking bad Jayrebb is.

In raids I top charts. I can tell u don't play.

M+ i dominate trash #1 overall besides spriests which are currently S tier. but on bosses balance is #1 dps which puts them ahead in overall instance damage.

A druid being only 100 over in high keys 210+ ilevel is serious under performance.

SL isn't whatever you played. You and 90% of this forum aren't even in SL or on the SL endgame.

Balance falls under a new keys meta called boss assassins. Classes that deal 14k dps during an M+ boss. Merrith can cut in and easily confirm any of this but I doubt he gives a fuck about some dude mouthing off that doesn't play.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Other less notable boss assassins are Fire mage and spriest (which is also s-tier aoe, making them wayy too dominant)

For high keys assassin meta, you want the balance druid as a priority.

Some groups will take a warlock when running boss assassins meta. But the main assassins are balance, fire, shadow. Insane 1.5 minute fight output.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
A lot of it has to do with balance pressing 1 button to cast 10 or 20 spells at once via covenant.

Add broken legendary to broken covenant.

My role isn't to be #1 dps in high keys overall. They bring hunters to shred aoe.

For overall M hunters fall middle of the pack. Mostly because the bosses are 60 second fights where spriest and balance have faster GCD efficiency. Hunter is a GCD starved class and needs the long raid fights to rise.

So compare how many rotations hunter can get in a 60 second window, to boss assassins with insane ramp up ( balances covenant is literally to cast a hundred spells in one click ). So take the bosses hp and give 80% of that bosses hp to the total instance overall damage for balance, and do that for 4 or 5 bosses. Thats a lot of damage balance is doing that I can't make up for.

Raids? Yeah hunter is gonna be overall #1.

Raids ain't keys.

I remember being in my first meta 10+ key. The boss died before I hit 2nd rotation. Like Khane, at the time I wasn't aware of the meta. After I saw how these groups were built (2 aoe kings, 1 boss assassin) i had to tweak my build to fit my role since I was only being brought to clear trash the fastest.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Build your own friend list of people who agree you're a good player and stop bitching.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Working on it. Bunch of Oceanics in my guild.

I could definitely put more effort into making friends though-- you're right, a lot of players immediately forgo that just because the mechanics allow pugging.

Bit of a lost art.

Jox

Molten Core Raider
A lot of it has to do with balance pressing 1 button to cast 10 or 20 spells at once via covenant.

Add broken legendary to broken covenant.

My role isn't to be #1 dps in high keys overall. They bring hunters to shred aoe.

For overall M hunters fall middle of the pack. Mostly because the bosses are 60 second fights where spriest and balance have faster GCD efficiency. Hunter is a GCD starved class and needs the long raid fights to rise.

So compare how many rotations hunter can get in a 60 second window, to boss assassins with insane ramp up ( balances covenant is literally to cast a hundred spells in one click ). So take the bosses hp and give 80% of that bosses hp to the total instance overall damage for balance, and do that for 4 or 5 bosses. Thats a lot of damage balance is doing that I can't make up for.

Raids? Yeah hunter is gonna be overall #1.

Raids ain't keys.

I remember being in my first meta 10+ key. The boss died before I hit 2nd rotation. Like Khane, at the time I wasn't aware of the meta. After I saw how these groups were built (2 aoe kings, 1 boss assassin) i had to tweak my build to fit my role since I was only being brought to clear trash the fastest.

raider.io disagrees

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
You're misunderstating how significant that is.

1) Nobody wants to touch a spec that had its eclipse bar deleted by blizzard.

2) I need to also remind you convoke was buffed-- just before launch, so none of the min-maxers even got their hands on it. Its considered one of the biggest bandaids in class design history. A covenant shouldn't be required to fill your class role. Right now balance is being defined by a September late buff to a covenant, rather than balance itself being s-tier, it would appear its the covenant that is s-tier.

Balance is not a popular pick.

The fact balance is included in top 20 runs just serves as evidence and reinforcement of what I said. It'll only get bigger, as more people warm up to playing a spec thats been traditionally bastardized by blizzard.

Balance + legendary + covenant = meta until next nerf.

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
Is it the normal way of things for Bliz to let bullshittery go on for an entire season? Vengeance is so much better than the other tanks its insane. The dps class problems are one thing but we got one tank absolutely shitting on everything else.

Khane

Is it the normal way of things for Bliz to let bullshittery go on for an entire season? Vengeance is so much better than the other tanks its insane. The dps class problems are one thing but we got one tank absolutely shitting on everything else.

Yes, in S1 in BfA it was Blood DKs. After they were nerfed it was Prot Warrior. Other tanks worked but nothing was as close to as good as those two in their respective time frames. That's just the way it is.

Khane

You're misunderstating how significant that is.

1) Nobody wants to touch a spec that had its eclipse bar deleted by blizzard.

2) I need to also remind you convoke was buffed-- just before launch, so none of the min-maxers even got their hands on it. Its considered one of the biggest bandaids in class design history. A covenant shouldn't be required to fill your class role. Right now balance is being defined by a September late buff to a covenant, rather than balance itself being s-tier, it would appear its the covenant that is s-tier.

Balance is not a popular pick.

The fact balance is included in top 20 runs just serves as evidence and reinforcement of what I said. It'll only get bigger, as more people warm up to playing a spec thats been traditionally bastardized by blizzard.

Balance + legendary + covenant = meta until next nerf.

Balance is the best ever! Hunters are middle of the road!

*sees link showing hunters are the most represented dps class by far at the top end of the game*

That link just proves my point! Somehow! Trust me!

• 1Worf

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I said spriest was meta. They're s tier on aoe and single target.

Boomkin is the top single target damage in a 60 second window you can get.

Stacking 2 hunters isn't the perfect meta right now but their single target is a-tier and they're s-tier on aoe, so for racing M+ you can stack double hunters over sticking a boss assassin into the group.

But get off raider IO and go into the game. You'll see a consistent demand for boomkin (or shadow) in high keys. There is a reason for that.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Yea, Im not looking for them to make any changes anytime soon. When you see people looking specifically for Vengeance tanks on Premades instead of any other tank, you would think that would be a call to action for Blizzard. Their tool kit is just too good for Mythic + and its obnoxious. On the other hand though, DH's are typically last pick in raiding from what Ive seen. So its a toss up for what you're trying to achieve. Prot Pallies can do most everything well, and thats really all thats mattered so far this expansion to me.