World of Warcraft: Current Year

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
Apparently Nnoggie has decided to remove all NPC data from MDT and requiring you to sub on Twitch or Patron to get them. If you update the addon, it will essentially be non-functional.

1608957359046.png

Apparently he deleted all his WA/Wago.io scripts too:

1608957672608.png

Will be interesting to see how Blizzard responds since it's pretty high profile. Also possible that someone just forks the Addon and makes a free version, since the license he released it under allows modification and re-distribution.

Edit: LOL.

Last edited:
  • 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lol do these morons not know all their shit is opensource. Pretty easy to fork any of their projects. Luckily I'm already using a fork of his front end for WA, ZT - 36li's Party CD Front End.

Plus MDI sucked imo anyway because I couldn't use it on a second monitor.

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
Anyone in here good at arena? Former glad way back in the day and now i can't even crack 1600 vs these kids. Every single group running is some bullshit comp that can burst anyone in two globals and I don't know how to play around it. Need tips/coaching. HALP.

• 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
My favorite is the trio of friends in M+ on voicechat together in 10+ keys.

They got this boomkin that is just 100 dps over me (total instance damage) which is wayyyyyy off for convoke meta. Garbage player number one. Fury warrior buddy 500 dps below me on total instance damage. Garbage player number two. And I died 20 times to bleeds and normal zonewide AOE mechanics. I could have easily bailed on the key immediately. Garbage healer, number three.

But I stuck it out and pumped for them. Finished the 10.

The voicechat culture is they can't blame each other-- so they are thirsty to assign blame to someone else for anything. Its purely emotional and social dynamics.

You see this in other games where there is any type of competition or PvP. VC never blames VC or calls anyone out. I really regret not calling out the healer for us dying on bleeds after we killed first boss. I could have called any of them out for anything. What's sad is the healer won't improve and will continue toxic behavior and his warrior + boomkin friend will believe the healer has a point or some kind of perspective. Charts don't lie. Deaths on bleeds and untargeted mechanics don't lie.

Bail on keys meta is growing strong and fast. Time to start burning keys. I'll have my revenge and it'll be in the form of torching keys first whiff of a bad player thirsty to get the heat off himself like this resto druid.

Last edited:

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
You guys say SL art is superior, but I'm not seeing it. Tracking through BFA now, no way.

My original stance hasn't changed. Add SL mechanics to BFA.

Horde BFA sucked. Alliance BFA > SL. It's a no contest

lost

<Bronze Donator>
I mean wouldnt a "world first" addon developer make good donation money off his addon? so what hes #2? hes gonna ruin a good side donation hustle just to spite blizzard? must got that fuck you money.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
You guys say SL art is superior, but I'm not seeing it. Tracking through BFA now, no way.

My original stance hasn't changed. Add SL mechanics to BFA.

Horde BFA sucked. Alliance BFA > SL. It's a no contest

I mean, Drustvar looked good. Thought the other two zones were pretty blah to be honest. Revendreth and Ardenweald alone crush most of BFA.

• 4Like

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
The Maw and Targhast are pretty wicked-looking too. Its a shame, Blizzard should use these artists they have to churn out some solid single player games or something. Maybe a few Soulsborne types or games like the Witcher. They could probably do really well.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I mean, Drustvar looked good. Thought the other two zones were pretty blah to be honest. Revendreth and Ardenweald alone crush most of BFA.

You pulled my card. I was in Drustvar when I made the post.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
My favorite is the trio of friends in M+ on voicechat together in 10+ keys.

They got this boomkin that is just 100 dps over me (total instance damage) which is wayyyyyy off for convoke meta. Garbage player number one. Fury warrior buddy 500 dps below me on total instance damage. Garbage player number two. And I died 20 times to bleeds and normal zonewide AOE mechanics. I could have easily bailed on the key immediately. Garbage healer, number three.

But I stuck it out and pumped for them. Finished the 10.

The voicechat culture is they can't blame each other-- so they are thirsty to assign blame to someone else for anything. Its purely emotional and social dynamics.

You see this in other games where there is any type of competition or PvP. VC never blames VC or calls anyone out. I really regret not calling out the healer for us dying on bleeds after we killed first boss. I could have called any of them out for anything. What's sad is the healer won't improve and will continue toxic behavior and his warrior + boomkin friend will believe the healer has a point or some kind of perspective. Charts don't lie. Deaths on bleeds and untargeted mechanics don't lie.

Bail on keys meta is growing strong and fast. Time to start burning keys. I'll have my revenge and it'll be in the form of torching keys first whiff of a bad player thirsty to get the heat off himself like this resto druid.

I will leave a group the second the bullshit starts.Keys are going to deplete for any number of reasons, that’s pugging. If someone is actually bad people can either leave the group or shut the fuck up and grind it out. I’m not going to listen to some faggot run his mouth though.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
That's exactly my M.O.

If key flops-- then that's just something that happens. I couldn't care less who's fault it is, or what happened. Just because someone had a bad run doesn't mean I'll toss my cookies and flip the table over. The only dude who has a right to be annoyed or upset is the key holder who made the run happen. Everyone else is a guest. If we wipe 5-6 times, I'll tough it out regardless, and just be glad when it's over and say gg.

But people insist on messing with my mojo lately in high keys and I'm going to have to toughen up. I roleplay a hardchatter on FOH but in-game I'm a pussy, and I've been getting beat up on by the PUG scene by the most retarded 15 year old kiddie arguments ever. Had to reassess and rebalance. I had to remind myself I'm not some school kiddie.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
But people insist on messing with my mojo lately in high keys and I'm going to have to toughen up. I roleplay a hardchatter on FOH but in-game I'm a pussy, and I've been getting beat up on by the PUG scene by the most retarded 15 year old kiddie arguments ever. Had to reassess and rebalance. I had to remind myself I'm not some school kiddie.

I always stop playing WoW for this reason, and no expansion has fully fixed this issue in design.

WoW has an insanely big player pool with servers all merged into one battlegroup. You're better off just depleting a key and then pushing it with another person, compared to actually working with that person who is underperforming to improve. At least, that's a result of the design.

There's no sense in arguing with people ingame that have been ingrained with this level of toxicity. And it's the 'norm' now due to the level of 'competition' fostered by the loot/gearing system. You're rewarded for doing better, but there's been no ways to help new players improve.

Let's say you come into SL at the middle of this expansion: Despite not being time gated as hard, there's multiple weeks of loot you're now behind on, and your class is basically useless until you get that level of gear. Your options are: be one shot in battlegrounds, until you catch up. And ruin your seasonal rating so you can maybe participate in the next PVP season with the gear you got from this one. But if you stop playing for more than 2 weeks, you won't be able to catch up.

You're outnumbered on finding reasonable, sane people to group with as a result.

No gear? No group, unless you're playing with people slightly above the gear level foodchain you're on. Or you're playing with people who are incredibly toxic and shit on you underperforming despite knowing your gear. Back to farming BGs and solo quests until you have the level of anxiety die down enough to group - outside of whatever schmucks you conned into playing the game with you, if any.

At least with games like EQ, Warhammer Online, DAoC etc - the content is either insanely numbers dependent, or you have a 'team' constantly working in your interest because the barrier of entry does not require you to socialize, and there's incentive to actually protect the 'new players' - you can utilize them later in a numbers sense, and make a friend in the process. That, and those games have a population that is microscopic compared to WoW.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I always stop playing WoW for this reason, and no expansion has fully fixed this issue in design.

WoW has an insanely big player pool with servers all merged into one battlegroup. You're better off just depleting a key and then pushing it with another person, compared to actually working with that person who is underperforming to improve. At least, that's a result of the design.

There's no sense in arguing with people ingame that have been ingrained with this level of toxicity. And it's the 'norm' now due to the level of 'competition' fostered by the loot/gearing system. You're rewarded for doing better, but there's been no ways to help new players improve.

Let's say you come into SL at the middle of this expansion: Despite not being time gated as hard, there's multiple weeks of loot you're now behind on, and your class is basically useless until you get that level of gear. Your options are: be one shot in battlegrounds, until you catch up. And ruin your seasonal rating so you can maybe participate in the next PVP season with the gear you got from this one. But if you stop playing for more than 2 weeks, you won't be able to catch up.

You're outnumbered on finding reasonable, sane people to group with as a result.

No gear? No group, unless you're playing with people slightly above the gear level foodchain you're on. Or you're playing with people who are incredibly toxic and shit on you underperforming despite knowing your gear. Back to farming BGs and solo quests until you have the level of anxiety die down enough to group - outside of whatever schmucks you conned into playing the game with you, if any.

At least with games like EQ, Warhammer Online, DAoC etc - the content is either insanely numbers dependent, or you have a 'team' constantly working in your interest because the barrier of entry does not require you to socialize, and there's incentive to actually protect the 'new players' - you can utilize them later in a numbers sense, and make a friend in the process. That, and those games have a population that is microscopic compared to WoW.
You're piggy backing his complaint into something about catch up mechanics. I could pick apart your argument from the other side and be justified in doing so.

Generally speaking, most of the time its the returning player that puts themselves into a bad position. If addons were disabled / no one could see your ilvl, if a person joined a +10 Mythic at 150 ilvl - who is really responsible in this situation? Doesnt mean the team mates have to be little shits, but the returning players generally do that shit to themselves.
1qjwzg.jpg

I do agree that there needs to be more for a player with low play time or skill to be able to do with people of higher amounts. Cause relative to player power, the social connection is worse than its ever been in games as a whole in the gaming industry.

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
The timer shouldnt affect loot, just key upgrades. That would go a long way towards calming everyone the hell down. You can chain run the fucking things anyway, depleting a key is irrelevant.

• 1Like

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
I do agree that there needs to be more for a player with low play time or skill to be able to do with people of higher amounts. Cause relative to player power, the social connection is worse than its ever been in games as a whole in the gaming industry.

I mean, that's really my point here. People can be assholes regardless of the player's point in progression because of the game's design.

The catchup mechanics are good, but not good enough to the point where you can play the game for a short period of preallocated time in advance. You have raiding, you and the boys picking a time to pvp when you're all online or you find time to do so, but beyond that, WoW isn't a social game in the least and if anything it encourages you being antisocial and to not try anything new.

I personally have low time to dedicate to a game, but can do rated PvP as that's something I can dedicate my time to for short sprints at a time and improve with people that I play with... plus it doesn't involve corralling 19 other people to all be online at the same time. Rated PvP has been the best it's ever been in a long while as a result. But it begs the question, why am I paying $15 a month for just one part of a game?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Same as it ever was. For multiple expansions now I've seen the same complaints about it not being a social game and harkening back to the glory days. Except everyone who complains clearly never makes a single attempt to be social.

"Man, I have no time to play games these days. Wouldn't it be great if I could just be a total cunt and ALSO magically make friends?!"

M+ is the worst example on earth any of you could use to prove your point. There is no auto grouping, it's difficult content, and you have to communicate to complete it successfully. It is the epitome of social gameplay. Every single expansion I played in I had to build my own friends list by actually being social and putting in effort. And every single expansion I watched bad players from this forum complain that it wasn't just a walk in the park. All while amusing myself with just how bad most of this previously bleeding edge forum actually is at playing video games.

So many of you are just fucking bad at the game. Which is funny, because it's not a very hard game.

I haven't touched this game in over a year but I have watched a few streams during the release and it was very clear Hunters AND Balance druids were on the top of their game. Yet here we have a hunter complaining about balance druids only doing 100 more dps. I don't even play the game and I can see how fucking bad Jayrebb is.

• 4Like