World of Warcraft: Current Year

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Be aware, its easier and easier for people to get 160+ gear with the catch-up mechanics they have in place. Although, you will be able to keep making a profit at a lower price than other LWs not using a cheaper 2nd trade.

What type of catch up mechanics, off hand? Just curious because I might start running my mage/dru/pal up

Chris

Potato del Grande
What type of catch up mechanics, off hand? Just curious because I might start running my mage/dru/pal up
You get peices of your class set each week which also also upgradable each week. So mine is currently lv177 which is 6 above heroics. Next week I think it goes up to early raid quality.

However if you start late they give you multiple weeks at once, I started about 2 weeks late but I should be capped on the weekly progression already.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Oh that sounds fucking awful since I can’t seem to sell these for shit. Probably not going into that market at all then.
Yeah it’s not going well anymore. I sold 4 pieces of 190 plate leggings for 15k each on Wednesday and the price has already gone down about 10k a piece when I looked yesterday. I might try the 168 ilvl stuff but I doubt it’ll be worth it based on what Chris is saying.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm

As Chris said, it is renown related. New characters will get the standard 3 ways (collect souls, 1000 anima, & weekly Cov quests) to upgrade their renown for the week, but they will also be able to get renown from a plethora of other sources until they are caught up with everyone else.

Catch-up renown will come from the daily emissary quests, dungeon drops, raid drops (including LFR), and probably other place (like maybe the Maw and Torgast). Renown 10 also bumps up the item level of world quests and drops from "rare" bosses.

I haven't spent much time gearing alts, but I think the cheapest way to get over 155, is to get renown levels through the easy solo things. Then run all the covenant quests to get the gear. Spend anima to upgrade the gear, and then go kill "rares" in the world to fill in low slots. The next day (if you have increased your average ilevel enough), you go kill rares again, and get higher ilevels of those same items.

Outside of maybe the table, the Anima buildings feel underwhelming/worthless, so spending anima on gear probably wont matter.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I don’t get it.

It's the guy (Nnoggie) who makes MDT. He was pissed because Limit had literally just beaten them in Castle Nathria and someone asked him to update MDT.

It's just kind of a funny video because of how salty he is.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

nicksw

Molten Core Raider
How do you upgrade the ones you already have that are lower ilvl?
There is an NPC right next to the guy you can buy them from at least it is so for Necrolords. You pay with anime power for the upgrades.

• 1Like

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
It's the guy (Nnoggie) who makes MDT. He was pissed because Limit had literally just beaten them in Castle Nathria and someone asked him to update MDT.

I can understand his sentiment but thats pretty much the standard demeanor of players in general.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Ah ok I didn’t know he wrote the app. It’s funny knowing that.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
multirusses.png

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
To further expand on this, it takes 15 crafts to rank up to the next rank, and they get progressively more expensive at each rank.

On my server, leveling up leather to rank 4 would cost (not including the single rank 4 item):
  • Armguards: 952,050
  • Gauntlets: 1,195,050
  • Pauldrons: 1,195,050
  • Treads: 1,195,050
  • Waistguard: 1,195,050
  • Helm: 1,489,650
  • Legs: 1,489,650
  • Vest: 1,489,650
Total for all 8 pieces (not that you would need them all): 10,201,200

If you make a copy of this google sheet, you can find out the exact cost per item to get to rank 4, and see how bad it is for you too.
Just do the dailies to get 1 skill every couple of days

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Never seen him like that haha. But in all honesty, I dont think his reaction is unwarranted, especially tailing losing RtWF. I'm sure making mods and tools like that is thankless. MDT is one of the most ingenious things to come to the WoW mod scene.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
You get peices of your class set each week which also also upgradable each week. So mine is currently lv177 which is 6 above heroics. Next week I think it goes up to early raid quality.

However if you start late they give you multiple weeks at once, I started about 2 weeks late but I should be capped on the weekly progression already.

So you are saying if you never played your alt until later, you get multiple pieces of gear per week instead of just 1 piece?

Stacking per week?

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

Seems like no fucks given. Half the boosters on my server are on mains advertising still.

Just saw the same friends spamming chat running an M+ 10 with some boosts (as evidence the same advertisers are also often times the mains doing the actual boosting) . If blizz is really doing this it must be very isolated and based on reports.