World of Warcraft: Current Year

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Yeah, I have Venthyr and after I finish the story I'm dropping it for Necrolord. The table is bad enough, but Door of Shadows has been annoying for a while. I get a buttload of powers offered for it in Torghast and using a channeled ability while tanking 5+ mobs is pointless. I held out because I was invested in the covenant, but I'm getting out soon.

As for Torghast, if you do TC and get a bad "zone", you can requeue again. I got Soulforges once and dropped it immediately because I hate that damage debuff that keeps stacking higher as you go up floors. The second time I got Skodis Halls which was way better.

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, I have Venthyr and after I finish the story I'm dropping it for Necrolord. The table is bad enough, but Door of Shadows has been annoying for a while. I get a buttload of powers offered for it in Torghast and using a channeled ability while tanking 5+ mobs is pointless. I held out because I was invested in the covenant, but I'm getting out soon.

As for Torghast, if you do TC and get a bad "zone", you can requeue again. I got Soulforges once and dropped it immediately because I hate that damage debuff that keeps stacking higher as you go up floors. The second time I got Skodis Halls which was way better.

I’m still confused why everyone thinks door of shadows needs a cast time. As it is it’s a novelty at best. I use it to skip a trap every now and then but that’s about it. Soul shape seems superior in every way that actually matters.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Yeah, I don't get it either. It feels like a wasted power. I'd rather have some kind of leech ability.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
So I had not seen the Jailer talking to the Runecarver until this AM when I was quickly doing Torghast before the reset. Its pretty much a given that the Runecarver is the Primus at this point yah?

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I know the little video you watched, I just dont recall in that or anything else where it just comes right out and says that hes the Primus.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Its highly suggested that the Runecarver is the Primus, but knowing Blizzard its probably Sylvanas's mom and she's being blackmailed into helping him.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Well he knows a secret of the First Ones which means he is almost certainly an Eternal One and there's only one of those currently MIA. Still not quite sure how we as the Maw Walker fit into all this....We seem to be touched by the First Ones in a weird way.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I did notice this AM that I had the pet doggy in Torghast that was kinda fun. I just now see that this is a weekly event whose entire extent is that it exists.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Anthene is back streaming WoW again and why does he looks like a cult leader that plans on secretly poisoning his whole congregation?

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anthene is back streaming WoW again and why does he looks like a cult leader that plans on secretly poisoning his whole congregation?
because he is?

• 4Worf
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Venthyr / Kyrian are utterly terrible, bordering on flat out broken, having to outlevel normal missions by +5, and elite missions by +10 or more as soon as you get into the high 20s. The absurd heal costs don't help either.

Lore reasons obviously. Kyrian just ferry souls around, and Venthyr are shrinks for psychopaths. Night Fae have to fight dangerous beasts, and Necrolords fight all the time.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Soooooo now the Covenant Campaign is done...

Do we just sit around and beat off until the first major patch?

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I had to find my cutscene on youtube. I got Kel'thuzad down to low health and then magically appeared in Revendrath. No add-ons used or "cutscene skipped" message.

Now I can traitor them for a better covenant.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
If the renown catch up mechanic is easily grinded and they introduce the suggested earlier in the thread bound to account anima crates the campaign will be a good way to gear up alts quickly. Would just have to get some rings and trinkets and be pretty much at 190 with a 187 weapon.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
It's very odd that the Covenant set gear for casuals has a higher ilevel than the LFR gear. So LFR is for trinkets and people who are so casual they can't do the campaign in a reasonable timescale?

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
If the renown catch up mechanic is easily grinded and they introduce the suggested earlier in the thread bound to account anima crates the campaign will be a good way to gear up alts quickly. Would just have to get some rings and trinkets and be pretty much at 190 with a 187 weapon.

I'm at 8 renown on my alt and have done absolutely nothing to get there besides casual play. 0 grinded anima, 0 work besides a few Oribos quests and a bunch of dungeon runs.

So apparently, there is catchup in place to accelerate the renown leveling.

How much? I haven't figured that out yet, but I'm sitting at 181 ilevel on my alt I rolled 7 days ago roughly.

Will have a better idea of how viable catchup is at present when I approach a renown level worth something-- then I'll report back in.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
1/9 campaign as well. Can't even get my campaign going because no legendary memory drops. Haven't done any campaign at all on my alt.

8 renown level with absolutely 0 campaign progress-- sounds like pretty good catchup, but I'm not the best at gauging without having actually caught up.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm at 8 renown on my alt and have done absolutely nothing to get there besides casual play. 0 grinded anima, 0 work besides a few Oribos quests and a bunch of dungeon runs.

So apparently, there is catchup in place to accelerate the renown leveling.

How much? I haven't figured that out yet, but I'm sitting at 181 ilevel on my alt I rolled 7 days ago roughly.

Will have a better idea of how viable catchup is at present when I approach a renown level worth something-- then I'll report back in.

Friend who swapped covenants said you basically get renown for doing anything for catch up. Dungeon runs, I assume callings, etc.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Can confirm Night Fae is pretty, pretty, pretty good at adventures. I just did a level 36 campaign mission with my highest soulbind being 28 (doubles damage of all adjacent units so you just put it in the middle). I had a healer soulbind and then generic dps guys and I can pretty much beat any mission within 10 levels.
Wow, double damage and a healer?

Kyrian supports are all "everyone does 5 extra damage" or "heal adjacent unit for 10".