World of Warcraft: Current Year

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Got the last boss on layer 8 down to 9% today, so almost done with the place. I can firmly say that, if the intended goal was to make this like the Mage Tower they really, really missed the mark. There is nothing fun or interesting about any of the bosses or mechanics. There's absolutely no variety in how I approach my anima powers as a DH. It's just painfully dull and bad.
Yep. There is really nothing at all interesting about the place. Putting a mount at the end of it that allows you to do the shit tier of this expansion quicker is an ultimate aids move.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
The class has 6 buttons, what do you expect? lol
My expectations were actually within the post you quoted. Like. The. Mage. Tower.

You've somehow confused 'number of buttons' to press with complexity of an encounter. Hint: it's possible to make things incredibly complex, engaging, and fun with far less than 6 buttons.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
My expectations were actually within the post you quoted. Like. The. Mage. Tower.

You've somehow confused 'number of buttons' to press with complexity of an encounter. Hint: it's possible to make things incredibly complex, engaging, and fun with far less than 6 buttons.
What I quoted wasn't about encounters, it was about anima powers.

Kiki

Log Wizard
Yep. There is really nothing at all interesting about the place. Putting a mount at the end of it that allows you to do the shit tier of this expansion quicker is an ultimate aids move.
1610127275740.png

• 6Like
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 8 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm

On the flip side, it's a lot harder to make comparable complexity to something like the Mage Tower when there are 18 total bosses, all with different types of abilities. If they actually pulled off 18 separate types of fights with the same tuning/complexity, we'd all be super fucking impressed.

Of course, they should know they wouldn't be able to do that trying to make so many different bosses, and thus, letting RNG affect how final fights will go a little more than skillful tuning/design.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Torghast would be fine if you didn't have to loot the bodies and there were more run buffs for the wheelchair classes, and maybe shorter, denser floors.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Torghast would be fine if you didn't have to loot the bodies and there were more run buffs for the wheelchair classes, and maybe shorter, denser floors.

A loot button would go a long way. You already click once to loot all bodies in an area, just let us keybind untargeted area loot to our keyboard.

Untargeted loot would alleviate the tedium a lot.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Nah, just let the phantasm go right to you. They do that with some quests anyway.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Torghast should drop loot and be open to alts. I'd love to level there. Also no loot just phants float to you and the more you chain together the faster speed buff you get up to 30-50%

IMO would go a long way to improving how fun it is. I do like doing it every now and then on my classes but the slog on the slower classes feels really bad.

Also Blood got buffed, but still doesn't fix the issues with the class. IE no resource generation no CDs you are going to have a bad time. The changes I would make are Rune Tap doesn't use a rune, or it gives you runic power as well so its actually worth using (99% of the time its better to generate RP with your runes).

If you have no boneshields the first strike gives you 5.

Higher threat generation on abilities. Probably not an issue at higher ilvls but still feels bad.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
If you have no boneshields the first strike gives you 5.

That would be huge. Waste all your runes getting shields up and while theyre on cd the shields get eaten up anyway requiring the next set of runes to build them back again. Once rolling its not much of an issue but downtime in between any pull screws the entire kit. DRW works but why in the hell is it on the gcd?

• 1Like

FarmCheese

Trakanon Raider
I logged on to raid tonight and realized that I was bored as fuck and had no more desire to play this expansion any longer.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 6 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Back on Veng DH tank this week.

Having fun again playing. Mostly in Torg with the variety of powers you get, that fundamentally change how you play.

This is night and day. MM Hunter for example-- the powers you get just add damage to your rotation. Wow more damage rotations we just did in M+ keys or on a raid, whoopee how fun. Now I realized that some classes definitely got the shaft in Torg fun-wise, this was very eye-opening for me.

(Yes I read the complaints, but words on a forum aren't enough. You have to experience it yourself. This is likely also why devs don't hear player feedback clearly)

Holy shit what a difference. Blizz needs to overhaul classes/specs that are not receiving enough gameplay options in Torg.

Pronto. Along with itemization of Torg with catch-up gear. This should have been done for launch day. Potentially they dropped the ball.

Asmongold says SL might have longevity. If so, they need to show us something here.

Rime

<Donor>
Itemizing Torghast for Alts would probably get me to level them.

My biggest bugbear with the game right now is alts. I want to level them, to do Torghast, to explore the other Covenants... but the anima grind is real harsh.

The sooner they slap +250/+500 onto the Daily 'Calling' and/or make it so that my main can buy 400 Anima BOA Crates for 500 Anima Cost, the better.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Probably the best thing anyone can do if they want to enjoy the game is simply reroll the flavor of the month and drop any class that got fucked square in the asshole. Play basic shit until you hit their brick of faggotry then quit until a new patch hits, reroll the new FOTM play until you hit their faggot level brick wall, rinse/repeat.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
I'm pretty much quit but accidentally paid for another month.

As well as Torghast being way too fucking much all at once to fail on the end boss and get nothing, even though it's initially fun. The convenant questline gives you good enough gear and transmogs that it's pointless to do anything other than mythic keys and raids.

So I can run the same 8 dungeons over and over again with increasingly stressful time limits, or I can die over and over again on raid bosses. Oh and my main is a Priest so PvP is out. Why would I do this in my 30s?

I'm playing Genshin Impact instead, that game has some great ideas with resource gathering and crafting in an open world. WoW has only decreased what you can get in the open world over time. The dungeons and bosses in that game cut out all of the filler too.

• 2Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I'm pretty much quit but accidentally paid for another month.

As well as Torghast being way too fucking much all at once to fail on the end boss and get nothing, even though it's initially fun. The convenant questline gives you good enough gear and transmogs that it's pointless to do anything other than mythic keys and raids.

So I can run the same 8 dungeons over and over again with increasingly stressful time limits, or I can die over and over again on raid bosses. Oh and my main is a Priest so PvP is out. Why would I do this in my 30s?

I'm playing Genshin Impact instead, that game has some great ideas with resource gathering and crafting in an open world. WoW has only decreased what you can get in the open world over time. The dungeons and bosses in that game cut out all of the filler too.
I am sure any content would be hard playing with a controller like a goddamn retard. The fact you can’t even torghast says it all. I mean the content is boring, unrewarding, and unfun but never has it been difficult.

• 2Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
I am sure any content would be hard playing with a controller like a goddamn retard. The fact you can’t even torghast says it all. I mean the content is boring, unrewarding, and unfun but never has it been difficult.
I can do Torghast just fine, it's fairly easy. I'm playing Genshin Impact with a controller too fuck you, it's perfect.

I just got an end boss that spawned adds I had to kill and my dps wasn't good enough to deal with them quickly and also avoid/damage the boss. I'm not sure Shadow Priest gets anything too overpowered in there.

The problem was that it took forever to full clear all the easy, repetitive floors to get to the boss and there was no partial reward for getting that far.

It really needs to be less floors and more layers.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Genshin is designed for a controller since each character has exactly 4 buttons to push (low, high, jump, switch char), you can play that shit on a mobile device. Probably plays better with a controller for melee characters. Archers way better with a mouse, though.