World of Warcraft: Current Year

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Back on Veng DH tank this week.

Having fun again playing. Mostly in Torg with the variety of powers you get, that fundamentally change how you play.

This is night and day. MM Hunter for example-- the powers you get just add damage to your rotation. Wow more damage rotations we just did in M+ keys or on a raid, whoopee how fun. Now I realized that some classes definitely got the shaft in Torg fun-wise, this was very eye-opening for me.

(Yes I read the complaints, but words on a forum aren't enough. You have to experience it yourself. This is likely also why devs don't hear player feedback clearly)

Holy shit what a difference. Blizz needs to overhaul classes/specs that are not receiving enough gameplay options in Torg.

Pronto. Along with itemization of Torg with catch-up gear. This should have been done for launch day. Potentially they dropped the ball.

Asmongold says SL might have longevity. If so, they need to show us something here.
When videos started being dropped of people taking the floor 18 layer 8 boss and just bouncing him in the air till he died.. I knew I got the shaft in powers.

Chris

Potato del Grande
LOL HOLY FUCKING SHIT YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT.
I just get stunlocked into oblivion. Maybe I need PvP gear?

No patience for being psudo tank as Holy, being constantly stunned and school locked dropping heals in between if I'm lucky. Generally in world PvP I live a long time, it's just not fun and I have limited offense.

As Shadow, I either kill them if I attack first from range or die if they attack first. Again, not fun.

I had good fun as a Rogue in Classic though (yes, with a controller).

By all means describe how OP Priests are so I can give it a go.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Itemizing Torghast for Alts would probably get me to level them.

My biggest bugbear with the game right now is alts. I want to level them, to do Torghast, to explore the other Covenants... but the anima grind is real harsh.

The sooner they slap +250/+500 onto the Daily 'Calling' and/or make it so that my main can buy 400 Anima BOA Crates for 500 Anima Cost, the better.

Why are you grinding anima on alts? Except for upgrading your campaign armor, it isn’t tied to player power.

Merrith

Why are you grinding anima on alts? Except for upgrading your campaign armor, it isn’t tied to player power.

This. I grinded a bit to built up a nice stockpile where now I have to do nothing for the next few upgrades to my covenant stuff.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Mindgames. Disc is second only to maybe Holy Pally in its ability to deal relatively heavy DPS while healing, and has powerful fear effects.

Spriest is probably the best PvP caster right now, though Ele Shamans can just blow people up. Spriest + Aff lock is insane because you can't dispel Mindgames without blowing up unstable affliction.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Mindgames. Disc is second only to maybe Holy Pally in its ability to deal relatively heavy DPS while healing, and has powerful fear effects.

Spriest is probably the best PvP caster right now, though Ele Shamans can just blow people up. Spriest + Aff lock is insane because you can't dispel Mindgames without blowing up unstable affliction.
I'm Kyrian so... yeah...

I was Disc every expansion from MoP to BfA so looks like I fucked up.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
I just get stunlocked into oblivion. Maybe I need PvP gear?

Time to break the bank and get a turbo controller.

E3-Proto-Turbo-Max.png

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Daidraco

Necrolords afaik from reddit, can pretty much put one companion, maybe two, and the rest filler units and do missions. As a Kyrian, I have to have almost all slots filled with companions and I still have a relatively hard time completing the mission / having a high success rate. Or another take, a reddit person was complaining about having a hard time completing the mount mission for their ardenweald table. The mount mission was in the 50's? 60? And they were still in their 30's. My companions as a Kyrian are in their mid 30's and have a rough time on level 31 missions.

The tables were supposedly tested with companions at max level and "they all performed relatively equal to each other" for reference. Nevermind that leveling up the tables is wildly unbalanced and a slog for Kyrian.

Necrolords also get the 500 anima WQ's and subjectively, better looking cosmetics.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Necrolords afaik from reddit, can pretty much put one companion, maybe two, and the rest filler units and do missions. As a Kyrian, I have to have almost all slots filled with companions and I still have a relatively hard time completing the mission / having a high success rate. Or another take, a reddit person was complaining about having a hard time completing the mount mission for their ardenweald table. The mount mission was in the 50's? 60? And they were still in their 30's. My companions as a Kyrian are in their mid 30's and have a rough time on level 31 missions.

The tables were supposedly tested with companions at max level and "they all performed relatively equal to each other" for reference. Nevermind that leveling up the tables is wildly unbalanced and a slog for Kyrian.

Necrolords also get the 500 anima WQ's and subjectively, better looking cosmetics.

I've purposely stopped doing campaign upgrades from the table for worry of outleveling my companions (I'm Night Fae). Their one soulbind, Dreamweaver, is just overpowered as fuck and her with the rest regular troops can beat stuff a good bit beyond their levels. Honestly if even levels I can probably beat most stuff with only 1 companion and the other 4 troops. Companions definitely vary in power quite a bit, though. Some are badasses while others are pretty useless to the point where the basic troops are better.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
As I have said before , blizzard needs to figure out what to do with torghast. Either its a silly fun thing to do that is purely for ash, where you just give everyone crazy hilarious powers and they can finish in 30 minutes(like a d3 rift). Or make it into real content, give it real rewards so that its worth the time. The 2nd being the worst imo, because they can barely balance the other 3 aspects of the game and adding a 4th seems like a bad idea.

Rime

<Donor>
Necrolord anima rewards were nerfed a week (maybe two?) ago. Also, Night Fae have the most powerful table/companions, by a large margin, then Necrolord. Venthyr would be third, with Kyrian a solid last place.

As for why I want Anima on my alts? Because I like to collect cosmetic mounts/pets.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Can confirm Night Fae is pretty, pretty, pretty good at adventures. I just did a level 36 campaign mission with my highest soulbind being 28 (doubles damage of all adjacent units so you just put it in the middle). I had a healer soulbind and then generic dps guys and I can pretty much beat any mission within 10 levels.

Merrith

Necrolord anima rewards were nerfed a week (maybe two?) ago. Also, Night Fae have the most powerful table/companions, by a large margin, then Necrolord. Venthyr would be third, with Kyrian a solid last place.

As for why I want Anima on my alts? Because I like to collect cosmetic mounts/pets.

Everywhere I've read has Necros above Night Fae, but both of them waaaaaay above the other two.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Venthyr / Kyrian are utterly terrible, bordering on flat out broken, having to outlevel normal missions by +5, and elite missions by +10 or more as soon as you get into the high 20s. The absurd heal costs don't help either.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
The venthyr table is fucking garbage. I don’t really care all that much but it is annoying to have brick wall missions sitting there that I can’t complete. None of it matters I guess. Near as I can tell anima is generally pretty worthless as well. I have more anima than I can spend due to souls being the actual limiting factor. The covenant items are pointless, a mount I got from a world rare already and the armor that looks worse than the free set the campaign gives out.

I’ve talked shit on torghast and I still don’t want to run it but I did tc layer one and it was fun by the end. 100k dps and what felt like 1000% haste. Had it been challenging it would not have been fun, blowing through the last several floors is what made it palatable. Failing the last boss would have been fucking unacceptable for the amount of time spent.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user