World of Warcraft: Current Year

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I really wish we could of kept the weapon artifacts. I loved that system despite its flaws. I’m currently working on my druid bear artifact weapon skin to get the neon Tron bear colors. I’m on the second to last part where you have to get 20 shards from Nighthold bosses. Already got 10 and hopefully next reset I’ll get the rest and be done with it.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Barraind

Trakanon Raider
I wouldn't be surprised if a LOT of the talent left at Blizzard in any real capacity move from Blizzard over to Moonshot games or Secret Door under Morhaime.

Its been downhill since they axed more than half their QA people near the beginning of the end of Ghostcrawlers time.

I went from knowing almost the entirety of that department to knowing exactly 1 person, who didnt make it much longer.

Those guys reined in a lot of the worst ideas thrown out, and without meaningful pushback from longer-tenured people, it was only a matter of time.

• 2Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 2 users

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Is it worth playing through the "campaign"? I got through the maw then arrived at the smurf world then got sidetracked with Cyberpunk and other stuff.

Started up ffxiv today to play the recent patch and remembered I never played much shadowlands...

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The leveling story is okay. Parts of it are fun like Maldraxxus. You ultimately don’t arrive at any resolution as it just sets up the end game state for each zone so you are basically playing through the setup/prequel. The max level covenant storylines are pretty hit and miss.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Is it worth playing through the "campaign"? I got through the maw then arrived at the smurf world then got sidetracked with Cyberpunk and other stuff.

Started up ffxiv today to play the recent patch and remembered I never played much shadowlands...
NO

hqdefault.jpg

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Its been downhill since they axed more than half their QA people near the beginning of the end of Ghostcrawlers time.

I went from knowing almost the entirety of that department to knowing exactly 1 person, who didnt make it much longer.

Those guys reined in a lot of the worst ideas thrown out, and without meaningful pushback from longer-tenured people, it was only a matter of time.
My man.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I really wish there was something fun to do in this game once you're finished grinding your character's gear.

• 1Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
I really wish there was something fun to do in this game once you're finished grinding your character's gear.

Are you done farming all the achivements and mounts and transmogs?

This has been blizzard's idea of fun content for the playerbase for the last 10 years.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Are you done farming all the achivements and mounts and transmogs?

This has been blizzard's idea of fun content for the playerbase for the last 10 years.
Isnt that pretty much screwed right now? ie. People cant do old content solo?

• 1Like

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Isnt that pretty much screwed right now? ie. People cant do old content solo?

Expansions before Legion are easily doable by anyone. Legion and BFA are not doable except for tank classes with strong self heals.

Don't get me wrong though, the scaling is screwed up everywhere. First boss of ICC has more HP than some Mythic BFA raid bosses, for example. Difference being that in the older expansions we get the super mega damage buff.

I'm pretty sure the problem with Legion is that the Legacy damage buff is coded to apply when you're 11 levels above the content. If we had leveled to 130 this expansion it would be active for Legion raids, but they did the level squish so we're only 10 levels above the Legion level cap now.

The other problem is the people in charge of the game are too stubborn to even look at the issue, never mind admitting something is wrong. Ion's team has always been super butthurt that players would rather farm old shit than jump on their latest pointless hamster wheel.

Back during BFA it took them over a year to make a simple adjustment to the first boss of Hellfire Citadel so players could farm the instance. Instead their lead raid designer posted stuff like "why do you want to farm that raid anyways?". They seemed truly baffled that people didn't want to grind endless islands for Azerite.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I was ripping through Nighthold on DH easy enough, even mythic, DPS spec. Killed all the bosses on mythic up to the one in courtyard easy enough, botanist and krosus mechanics got me, so stopped around there. Probably could have kept facerolling it if I was tank spec. I haven't played in month, so I dunno if something changed.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The other problem is the people in charge of the game are too stubborn to even look at the issue, never mind admitting something is wrong. Ion's team has always been super butthurt that players would rather farm old shit than jump on their latest pointless hamster wheel.

Just a terrible mindset.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
I was ripping through Nighthold on DH easy enough, even mythic, DPS spec. Killed all the bosses on mythic up to the one in courtyard easy enough, botanist and krosus mechanics got me, so stopped around there. Probably could have kept facerolling it if I was tank spec. I haven't played in month, so I dunno if something changed.

Yeah I'm sure it's possible to squeak by with some specs now, but that's kind of the point. It's a 4 year old raid that should be trivial for anyone to do at level cap now.

It's always been pretty easy to go back and kill stuff from two expansions ago but the level squish broke that.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Watched Heko play this for a few hours, terrible writing and insanely boring quests. What the fuck they doing with all that money?

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Player housing and a real crafting system would go a long way in alleviating this problem.